Inspired by God?

Inspired by God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
03 Dec 06

Originally posted by jaywill
No. I don't think I will participate in this. If I thought that it would not give the impression that a chess match or a softball game or a table tennis match or a game of pocker or some other sport was the deciding factor on weighty issues of life perhaps I would.

I think there are a few people who want to prove that a game will show where the really ...[text shortened]... win - that's all.

But I'll personally play anyone who want to play me. Its just a game.
No. I don't think I will participate in this.

:'(

If I thought that it would not give the impression that a chess match or a softball game or a table tennis match or a game of pocker or some other sport was the deciding factor on weighty issues of life perhaps I would.

🙄

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
No. I don't think I will participate in this. If I thought that it would not give the impression that a chess match or a softball game or a table tennis match or a game of pocker or some other sport was the deciding factor on weighty issues of life perhaps I would.
Einstein was allegedly rated around 1800, while John Wayne was ~2000.

Was John Wayne smarter than Einstein? Or more adept at handling the 'weighty issues of life'?

This is a pretty weak excuse for not participating.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
03 Dec 06

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I'm quite sure that's not what the Reverend meant.
Doc, as our Savior said "Many are called. Few are chosen."

j

Moves
08 Dec 06

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Einstein was allegedly rated around 1800, while John Wayne was ~2000.

Was John Wayne smarter than Einstein? Or more adept at handling the 'weighty issues of life'?

This is a pretty weak excuse for not participating.
Einstien rated on this forum? John Wayne too?

I fail to understand this.

I'm a relative newcomer to chess. I don't think any "team" would be well advized to have me on their side in a tournament of chess.

It may be a weak reason for not participating but please don't insist. I choose not to be in the tournament. That's all.

Have fun!!