If you were God....

If you were God....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
02 Mar 10

If you were God, how would you run things? Would you punish evil doers or would you turn a blind eye? If you did punish evil doers, how would you punish them? Would you erradicate free will? Who would go to heaven and who would go to hell? Would there even be a hearven or hell?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by whodey
If you were God, how would you run things? Would you punish evil doers or would you turn a blind eye? If you did punish evil doers, how would you punish them? Would you erradicate free will? Who would go to heaven and who would go to hell? Would there even be a hearven or hell?
I would punish evil doers with my auto-smite capacity. Not all evildoers, though. Maybe just the 10% worst evildoers each year. You have free will to do whatever you want with the knowledge you could be smitten at year's end. In order to make room for free will I would renounce any claim to omniscience.

There would definitely not be either a heaven or a hell. You goal is to do good and live well in this life.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 10

1. You cant improve on things. They are run as well as can be expected with allowance for free will.
2.I would punish evil doers only if that evil was done to others and not themselves. Their punishment would be like psychological torture. perhaps bad dreams
3.No
4.Everyone would get to heaven, but possibly not in this incarnation. Others would goto purgatory to learn their lessons.No one would goto hell.
5.heaven,yes. Hell,no

Cape Town

Moves
02 Mar 10
1 edit

That would probably depend on what super powers I had available.
I think I would certainly cut down on suffering.
I would probably prevent evil doers from doing evil rather than going for the punishment route. I find punishment the reactive way of solving something, I prefer proactive methods. For example, with children, punishment is a sign of failure on the parents part. I am not saying I never punish my son, but I am not omniscient nor a perfect parent.

There wouldn't be a heaven or hell. If heaven is the perfect place to be, then everyone would start off there and stay there. If hell is a horrible place to be, then I wouldn't put anyone there.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
That would probably depend on what super powers I had available.
I think I would certainly cut down on suffering.
I would probably prevent evil doers from doing evil rather than going for the punishment route. I find punishment the reactive way of solving something, I prefer proactive methods. For example, with children, punishment is a sign of failure ...[text shortened]... off there and stay there. If hell is a horrible place to be, then I wouldn't put anyone there.
i would make daydreaming a professional occupation.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Mar 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I would play chess for a living or at least try to make a living from it...Lol.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Mar 10

I would send hindus around to Jws houses🙂

Moves
03 Mar 10

If I was God, these questions could not possibly apply to my system of creation.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
03 Mar 10

I would create only heaven. I would create only people who were enlightened enough to choose good. There would be no hell, earth, or evildoers.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Mar 10
1 edit

Isn't it interesting how not one Christian has yet given us a pretty picture of what they would do if they were God?
If there really is a God, I sure hope he's an atheist.

rc

Moves
03 Mar 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Isn't it interesting how not one Christian has yet given us a pretty picture of what they would do if they were God?
If there really is a God, I sure hope he's an atheist.
its because we never think in these terms, for we realise that well, judgement does not belong to us.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
03 Mar 10
1 edit

its because we never think in these terms, for we realise that well, judgement does not belong to us.
Considering a mere hypothetical situation would not change this.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Mar 10

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I would create only heaven. I would create only people who were enlightened enough to choose good. There would be no hell, earth, or evildoers.
I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE!
OHHHHH, PICK ME! PICK MEEEEE!!!!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
03 Mar 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE!
OHHHHH, PICK ME! PICK MEEEEE!!!!
Heathen! Thou shalt not exist in the new order. 😀

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Mar 10

If I were God Iwould retire and hand over things to the boy. Nearly 2,00 yeras he's been waiting - that's longer than Charlie!