If the world was really 10,000 years old:

If the world was really 10,000 years old:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
10 Jun 12
2 edits

RJH, how do you like this fella's talk on street apologetics ?

Street Level Apologetics 101 - Jeff Durbin

&feature=related

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
written language is a technological advance that was created out of necessity due to trade between tribes that established agriculture and developed the concept of land ownership. it is not surprising to find that it was invented a short time after the invention of agriculture.
I just have a problem with if man was around for 100k years or more then why did it take him so long to learn agriculture and written language it just does not add up. So man just learned farming in only the last 6k-10k years ? yet he was around for over 100k years ? I have trouble with that. Also I know technology supposedly is an exponential type of growth but something just does not add up.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
No, I did not say that. Look at the figures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

From the article the main figures we need to consider are:
1. Sun fusion rate - 620 million metric tons
2. Mass-energy conversion rate - 4.26 million metric tons
3. Age of the Sun - 5.57 billion years
4. Mass of sun today - 2×10^30 kilograms

To determine if the ...[text shortened]... .57 billion years ago? It is now 330,000 times bigger that the Earth, according to this article.
Forget about trying to calculate this. I did not try to calculate it beforehand and did not give complete information. It turns out it is a calculus problem and it has been so long since I have done calculus, I no longer remember how to do it. So I would not be able to tell you if you were right. Sorry.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by jaywill
RJH, how do you like this fella's talk on street apologetics ?

[b]Street Level Apologetics 101 - Jeff Durbin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXTlIAN5Q0&feature=related[/b]
It's okay. Nothing special.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by menace71
I just have a problem with if man was around for 100k years or more then why did it take him so long to learn agriculture and written language it just does not add up. So man just learned farming in only the last 6k-10k years ? yet he was around for over 100k years ? I have trouble with that. Also I know technology supposedly is an exponential type of growth but something just does not add up.

Manny
incredulity is not a worthy science.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Why do you let your mind be ruled by fantasy, why not reason things out for yourself, look things up, read a science book or two, look at the way science came up with the conclusions they did. You go from step a to step b and see step c. It is not that big a deal.

RJ is trying to say the sun doesn't have a mass of 1.99 E 30 Kg when all he has is some nu ...[text shortened]... 'exchristian88' and doesn't even know that video is a parody he is so stuffed with himself.
I try not to let my mind be ruled by fantasy, but I could also say the same
thing to you with the beliefs about life and evolution too.
Kelly

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
I try not to let my mind be ruled by fantasy, but I could also say the same
thing to you with the beliefs about life and evolution too.
Kelly
beliefs are a mental illness.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 12

beliefs are a mental illness.
So if one believes in the theory of evolution, it is due to a mental illnes. Okay I'll go along with that one. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
So if one believes in the theory of evolution, it is due to a mental illnes. Okay I'll go along with that one. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
correct. but one doesn't believe in the theory of evolution. one accepts it as the best possible explanation until a better one comes along or it is falsified.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
10 Jun 12

correct. but one doesn't believe in the theory of evolution. one accepts it as the best possible explanation until a better one comes along or it is falsified.
believe
1. to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.

If the theory of evolution lacks absolute proof, and is only the current best possible explanation, then one who accepts the theory of evolution also believes the theory of evolution is true, by this definition.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by menace71

Manny
I believe we discussed this before, and you appeared to want to remain incredulous despite the evidence. Either you have religious reasons for not wanting to believe it possible, or you simply don't want to think about it too hard.
Why don't you try visiting one of the less technologically advanced parts of the world (either in person or on the internet or TV) and as yourself how many advances they make on average per year or per generation that are not imported from other cultures. In my experience, most isolated societies are pretty stagnant.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 12
1 edit

A better one has come along. You can read it in the first book of the Holy Bible. It is called creation and that is the one I accept.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
I believe we discussed this before, and you appeared to want to remain incredulous despite the evidence. Either you have religious reasons for not wanting to believe it possible, or you simply don't want to think about it too hard.
Why don't you try visiting one of the less technologically advanced parts of the world (either in person or on the internet ...[text shortened]... t imported from other cultures. In my experience, most isolated societies are pretty stagnant.
You seem to believe technological advances have something to do with the theory of evolution. That is a false belief. Automobiles, electricity, electronics, telephones, televisions, computers, refrigerators, heat pumps, radars, MRI machines, medications, and all technical advances are due to hard work in real sciences. The theory of evolution if false science and has not produced anything of value in society. In fact it's idea is harmful to society.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 12
2 edits

If we had believed in evolution from the begining of creation, we would still be going into caves to get out of the weather and shiitting behind bushes. That is because we would have been waiting for evolution to do something we should be doing.

Thank God, our ancestors believed and taught that we were created in the image of God with the ability to create and make things, too. So instead of waiting for evolution to make us a better place to get out of the weather we did it ourselves. Now, we have houses with flushable toilets for shiitting in and with the push of a button the waste disappears out of the house. Some people even have toilets that flush themselve once your get up and they dispense a sweet smelling aroma of ones choosing. But due to the economy, I have the push-button type; besides, it gives me a little exercise.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
believe
1. to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.

If the theory of evolution lacks absolute proof, and is only the current best possible explanation, then one who accepts the theory of evolution also believes the theory of evolution is true, by this definition.
that is no so, by definition.