If OSAS is in the Bible.

If OSAS is in the Bible.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
That is an absolute falsehood, according to the Word of God. In fact, unless you are just plain ignorant? Then I can assume by your standards that you've never repented because you just sinned by lying.
The absolute falsehood is when Christians like you proclaim that you have eternal life, you are children of God, you are regenerated and you cannot lose it. The Bible says clearly that children of God DO NOT SIN. You cannot have it both ways.

The correct attitude for a Christian is the attitude of Paul who said :that he awaits the judgment of Christ and keep himself in subjection before he himself becomes a castaway, after he has done all that preaching to people.

Paul has the right attitude. The attitude of Christians like yourself stinks to high heaven.

T

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
You re a liar, but since your are deceived you do not see it.

Jesus points to Adam and Eve for marriage but you claim otherwise.

Jesus claims sexual immorality is sin and needs to be avoided but you claim otherwise.

You are one duped individual.
Actually what you "do not see" is how much your bigotry affects your interpretation of the words spoken by Jesus.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
14 Jun 18
2 edits

Jesus has a special distaste for hostile legalists that parade themselves around proclaiming they are sinless.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jun 18
2 edits

Jesus has a special distaste for hostile legalists that parade themselves around proclaiming they are sinless.
The word legalist is not in the Bible.

By the way hypocrite. It is YOUR doctrine that YOU are regenerated and YOU are a child of God., The Bible says children of God DO NOT SIN... .. therefore you are saying that you do not sin.

I notice also,, coward, that you are scared of addressing me directly.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
14 Jun 18

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.

T

Moves
14 Jun 18

Paul literally admitted to being a sinner after he was commissioned as an apostle by Christ himself. ToO is calling Paul a liar and a fraud. For starters.
This is the way it seems to always go with the likes of you.

I post passages containing the words of Jesus and the words of God that prove you wrong, so you refuse to address them. Instead you stoop to ad hominem attack.

"Let's see, 'What kind of disparaging remarks can I make instead of actually addressing the post that proves me wrong?'." lol.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jun 18

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Liars, crooks, hypocrites, deceivers, sexually immoral, materialistic, worldly, lovers of self rather than lovers of God ... thats the Christian church of today.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
14 Jun 18

Get a room you two, and repent. It would be more efficient if you repent after having sex.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
14 Jun 18

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own estimation. 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jun 18

Get a room you two, and repent. It would be more efficient if you repent after having sex.
Spoken by a true child of God..

T

Moves
14 Jun 18
1 edit

ToO:<<Those who truly repent will never sin again. That is the standard for being a "good tree". That is the standard for Jesus to not say, "I never knew you, depart from me".?

Tom Wolsey: <<That is an absolute falsehood, according to the Word of God. In fact, unless you are just plain ignorant? Then I can assume by your standards that you've never repented because you just sinned by lying.>>

ToO: <<Actually it would seem that you are the one who is "ignorant".

Read through Matthew 7:13-23 if you believe that Jesus was speaking "according to the Word of God."

If you want it direct from God Himself, see the following:

Ezekiel 18
26If a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin, they will die for it; because of the sin they have committed they will die. 27But if a wicked person turns away from the wickedness they have committed and does what is just and right, they will save their life. 28Because they consider all the offenses they have committed and turn away from them, that person will surely live; they will not die. 29Yet the Israelites say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Are my ways unjust, people of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust?

30“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? 32For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!>>

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]ToO:<<Those who truly repent will never sin again. That is the standard for being a "good tree". That is the standard for Jesus to not say, "I never knew you, depart from me".?

Tom Wolsey: <<That is an absolute falsehood, according to the Word of God. In fact, unless you are just plain ignorant? Then I can assume by your standards that y ...[text shortened]... 32For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!>>[/b]
What was the sacrificial system in the Old Testament all about?

T

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
What was the sacrificial system in the Old Testament all about?
This is where Romans disingenuously asks a tangential-at-best question which I have addressed many times before in an effort to deflect from the fact that he can't formulate a cogent response.

So once again, a recurring theme with the late OT prophets was that God had had enough of sacrifice and wanted loyalty.

Following is but one example:

Isaiah 1
11“What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?”
Says the LORD.
“I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams
And the fat of fed cattle;
And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats.

12“When you come to appear before Me,
Who requires of you this trampling of My courts?
13“Bring your worthless offerings no longer,
Incense is an abomination to Me.
New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies—
I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly.
14“I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts,
They have become a burden to Me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15“So when you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide My eyes from you;
Yes, even though you multiply prayers,
I will not listen.
Your hands are covered with blood.
16“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
Cease to do evil,
17Learn to do good;
Seek justice,
Reprove the ruthless,
Defend the orphan,
Plead for the widow.
18“Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

19“If you consent and obey,
You will eat the best of the land;
20“But if you refuse and rebel,
You will be devoured by the sword.”
Truly, the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @eladar
Yet the writers of the Bible did not believe they could tell the future and state that what they believe about a person's state of salvation could not be wrong.

Not true at all. They could tell confidently that the work God BEGAN in them He would see finished eventually.

" Being CONFIDENT of this very thing, that He who has begun in you a good work will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 1:6)

See the Apostle's confidence?

Now he does NOT say that some of us may have to go through discipline, correction, adjustment, and chastizement on the way.

But he does have confidence that thier FUTURE consists of God COMPLETING the work He has started in them.

Would you like to see other examples?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Those who truly repent will never sin again. That is the standard for being a "good tree". That is the standard for Jesus to not say, "I never knew you, depart from me".
Can not spend a lot of time on this at this time, but wanted to remind you about that tree you brought up. The point was not perfection immediately, instead it was that the tree was given time to produce fruit. I will address the rest later.