If I were an avowed atheist...

If I were an avowed atheist...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
03 Sep 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
... same as it ever was...

my favorite is the typical reference to "fairy tales" or "an old man in the sky"...
what about, the tooth fairy or the flying spaghetti monster,

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Sep 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
What's this, queuing up to bash atheists now?

rc

Moves
03 Sep 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
What's this, queuing up to bash atheists now?
nah, just saying . . . .. I used to think atheists were half organic/ half machine, poured
scorn on the irrationality of emotions, had Vulcan ears and watched Sci-fi all the time.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Sep 11

nah, just saying . . . .. I used to think atheists were half organic/ half machine, poured
scorn on the irrationality of emotions, had Vulcan ears and watched Sci-fi all the time.
Lol. I reckon they probably cover as wide a spectrum as any other selection of humanity. It's true some of 'em are borg though.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Sep 11

gods, tooth fairies, flying spaghetti monsters, thetans, and so on... all named members of the infinitely large set of all imaginary things

rc

Moves
03 Sep 11

Originally posted by Agerg
gods, tooth fairies, flying spaghetti monsters, thetans, and so on... all named members of the infinitely large set of all imaginary things
see what i mean cat dude, they are all part of a set, neatly categorised and filed away!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Sep 11
2 edits

see what i mean cat dude, they are all part of a set, neatly categorised and filed away!
I never said anything about neat or organised by any conventional meanings of those words. Indeed drop a load of bricks on top of an existing mound of bricks, and any individual brick you pick up will have been a member of the set of all bricks on that mound. Nothing neat or organised about the mound though!

Similarly you could imagine all the gods humans have invented or thought of as being members of the set of all gods that could potentially be conceived (which though infinite, in itself may be far smaller than the set of all potential gods whether they can be conceived or not)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 11

Originally posted by Agerg
I never said anything about neat or organised by any conventional meanings of those words. Indeed drop a load of bricks on top of an existing mound of bricks, and any individual brick you pick up will have been a member of the set of all bricks on that mound. Nothing neat or organised about the mound though!

Similarly you could imagine all the gods humans h ...[text shortened]... self may be far smaller than the set of all potential gods whether they can be conceived or not)
There is one God never imagined or thought of by man and is still
unconceivable and that is the true God. He is the one God that
identified Himself to man and man attempts to describe in the Holy
Bible. He is the God that can't be organized and placed in a box like
the imagined false gods.