If I didn't know...

If I didn't know...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
13 Jan 09

about Christianity, God, Jesus and Sin would I go to Hell?

If the answer is, "No," why would you ever tell anyone about Christianity, God, Jesus and Sin?

If the answer is, "Yes," are we really prepared to worship a God that would commit millions of otherwise good souls to burn in Hell?

F

Moves
13 Jan 09

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

If the answer is, "No," why would you ever tell anyone about Christianity, God, Jesus and Sin?

If the answer is, "Yes," are we really prepared to worship a God that would commit millions of otherwise good souls to burn in Hell?
Christianity is a cruel religion.

One of the goodest man I know is Dalai Lama of Tibet. He is going to hell.
But Mussolini of Italy was a true Christian, he went to heaven.

Mysterious ways, If I might say...

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
13 Jan 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas

To be fair, I should think that the only way Mussolini is getting into Heaven is if the Devil catapaults him over the walls. Plus, the Dalai Lama is not the saint is is commonly portrayed to be.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
13 Jan 09
1 edit

Further, if the answer is "No", wouldn't it be best to kill as many infants as possible? That gives them a 100% chance of not going to Hell [and presumably going to Heaven instead]. If you let them grow up, you risk them learning about Christianity and rejecting it.

If the answer is "Yes", any infant who dies goes to Hell despite their ignorance.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
13 Jan 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Further, if the answer is "No", wouldn't it be best to kill as many infants as possible? That gives them a 100% chance of not going to Hell [and presumably going to Heaven instead]. If you let them grow up, you risk them learning about Christianity and rejecting it.

If the answer is "Yes", any infant who dies goes to Hell despite their ignorance.
Anyone that would advocate the slaughter of infants to ensure their place in Heaven should have their jumblies pulped with crucifix shaped club.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
13 Jan 09

Anyone that would advocate the slaughter of infants to ensure their place in Heaven should have their jumblies pulped with crucifix shaped club.
If they truly all go to heaven, a place full of bliss and free of suffering, it would be the best thing you could possibly do for them, wouldn't it? It's the only logical, compassionate way to handle the situation.

For the believer, the only way out of this dilemma is to state that they are not sure which of the two possibilities is correct. But then they won't sound as convincing when they preach about it.

F

Moves
13 Jan 09

To be fair, I should think that the only way Mussolini is getting into Heaven is if the Devil catapaults him over the walls. Plus, the Dalai Lama is not the saint is is commonly portrayed to be.
Okay...

Think of the goodest non-christian you know. He is going to hell.
Think of the badest christian you know. He is going to heaven.

Then tell me if christianity is not cruel?

Moves
13 Jan 09

Okay...

Think of the goodest non-christian you know. He is going to hell.
Think of the badest christian you know. He is going to heaven.

Then tell me if christianity is not cruel?
I don't think that because someone says they are a Christian they are one (obviously apart from in their own mind and in the minds of others that think like them).

I can't say that 'W' has displayed wholly Christian ethics, but I'll bet you he'd expect to be going to heaven.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
14 Jan 09

If one never hears about Jesus in this lifetime, and there countless millions who haven't, then, no, that person will not go to hell; however, God has His way of judging that we don't know about. Folks who have never heard of Jesus still have a moral obligation to live a decent life. God talks to man's heart everywhere. The reason why we would tell people ignorant of Jesus is because the message is life-giving while we are on this earth.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
14 Jan 09

You have choices...No one is making you accept Jesus' message of salvation. 😏

F

Moves
14 Jan 09

Originally posted by HumeA
I don't think that because someone says they are a Christian they are one (obviously apart from in their own mind and in the minds of others that think like them).

I can't say that 'W' has displayed wholly Christian ethics, but I'll bet you he'd expect to be going to heaven.
And now we go back to the very definition of 'Being a Christian'.

The best one, I've heard, is "To belive in ones heart that John 3:16 is true".

Therefore it's enough to declare that John 3:16 is true, without any other hidden agenda. If hitler did that before his last bullet in the bunker, then he was a good christian, from then on, and deserves his place in heaven, aong with the saints who are as good christian as Hitler is.

Now give me a better definition, witout any loopholes, and I'll change my opinion. but until then...

P

Moves
14 Jan 09

Originally posted by dystoniac
If one never hears about Jesus in this lifetime, and there countless millions who haven't, then, no, that person will not go to hell.
Awesome. In which section in the bible is that declared?

rc

Moves
14 Jan 09
2 edits

Dear oh dear, this post really betrays a lack of understanding that reeks of pure unadulterated ignorance. please if you are going to post such like, will you first of all try to determine what the entities are that you are referring to actually mean, for example, hell? what is that? for as far as i am concerned its a NON CHRISTIAN, ESSENTIALLY PAGAN TEACHING, what about soul? what is that, for as far as i am concerned, there is NO SUCH TEACHING OF AN ETERNAL PART OF A HUMAN THAT TRANSCENDS DEATH, thus if it is not eternal, how can it be punished eternally? what about sin? what is that? etc etc etc, thus when you can define the criteria, you will be in a better position to formulate an opinion based on accurate knowledge.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 09

And now we go back to the very definition of 'Being a Christian'.

The best one, I've heard, is "To belive in ones heart that John 3:16 is true".

Therefore it's enough to declare that John 3:16 is true, without any other hidden agenda. If hitler did that before his last bullet in the bunker, then he was a good christian, from then on, and deserves hi ...[text shortened]... a better definition, witout any loopholes, and I'll change my opinion. but until then...
it is quite simple, a christian is one who follows and adopts the teachings of Christ.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 09
1 edit

its not cruel, you should know better than that Fabian my friend, or perhaps you can relate the teaching of Christ that betrays this cruelty, but then again, it is well understood that Christianity and Christ are not synonymous.