If he knows what we will do whats the point.

If he knows what we will do whats the point.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by telerion
We must be very careful with parent-child analogies when discussing the creator/creation relationship. Analogies between the relationship of an omnipotent omniscient creator and humans and the relationship between a human parent and a human child are almost always uninstructive.

Many of these arguments against this sort of god come from his omniscienc ...[text shortened]... mind doing the same to any non-xian idol, I lack any sympathy for his indignation.
The key issue here is hell or separation from God. My understanding of Christian doctrine is that no-one ends up separated from God unless that's what they actually wanted , if they didn't then they wouldn't be there. God has to judge the pay off between free will and the possibility of you using that freedom to throw it back in his face. More freedom = more chance of it going wrong , less freedom = less chance of it going wrong , but less freedom = a more robotic less 'alive' human race unable to properly love. There's little point blaming God for giving you that freedom. He has handed over some responsibility to us for the control of our destiny , your argument assumes that God is entirely responsible for every soul which would mean we are all robots anyway. Freedom and risk are intrinsically and logically linked as any parent will know. At what point do you take any account of OUR negligence or do you think we are all in nappies? It's human nature to want to avoid taking responsibility. "It's all God's fault - He did it , not me..!!!"

n

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by Brother Edwin
Since god knows(and has chosen) exactly where we will end up why dosent he skip it all and just put is in heaven or hell straght away.
he knows, but He didn't choose.