I turned

I turned

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
Something tells me you drive a Subaru Outback or something like that.
nope

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
God whats a child like faith.
Yeah, not a childish faith. 😕

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
05 May 07

Now I have a 2003 GT Mustang, black.
Do you think that this car choice reflects a Christ-centered life?

Nemesio

w

Moves
05 May 07

God whats a child like faith.
You tell'em RB!!

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by Nemesio

Nemesio
It has "be fruitful and multiply" all over it.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

WWJD? I bet Jesus wouldn't drive anything more ostentatious than a pair of sandals.

But yeah, RB, happy birthday 🙂.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
WWJD? I bet Jesus wouldn't drive anything more ostentatious than a pair of sandals.

But yeah, RB, happy birthday 🙂.
I got my car as a gift. All three. But on the Mustang I have to pay my parents $100 a month for the next 10 years. to pay it of for how much they got it for.

R

California

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
What could be more important than a car?
To help you get from point A to point B.

R

California

Moves
05 May 07

Nemesio
If I bring people to church in it, then it is being used for the glory of God. Like say bringing my wii to church for the Jr. High to play that would be bringing glory to God. Becasue one kid might someday accept Chrsist for coming to church to play the wii and then they hear the message and then if it is God's will they might cry out to Jesus to save them.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 May 07

If I bring people to church in it, then it is being used for the glory of God. Like say bringing my wii to church for the Jr. High to play that would be bringing glory to God. Becasue one kid might someday accept Chrsist for coming to church to play the wii and then they hear the message and then if it is God's will they might cry out to Jesus to save them.
You don't have to take that crap off of Nemesio. Ask him if the organ at Riverside Church in NYC reflects a Christ-centered life.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
05 May 07

Yes, of course. But you don't need a Mustang to do that. In fact, some sort of ugly minivan would
better enable you to take people to worship. That same car would enable you to drive extra food
to the soup kitchen.

Further, a Mustang says 'look at me' or 'I'm hot stuff.' Christ teaches humility. How do you reconcile
these views?

If a car is merely to get from A to B, why did you pick such a pimpmobile?

Nemesio

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 May 07

Yes, of course. But you don't need a Mustang to do that. In fact, some sort of ugly minivan would
better enable you to take people to worship. That same car would enable you to drive extra food
to the soup kitchen.

Further, a Mustang says 'look at me' or 'I'm hot stuff.' Christ teaches humility. How do you reconcile
these views?

If a car is merely to get from A to B, why did you pick such a pimpmobile?

Nemesio
RBHill, pay no attention to him. He is the same kind of guy who like Judas would be telling Jesus the rich perfume could have been better spent on the poor.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

You don't have to take that crap off of Nemesio. Ask him if the organ at Riverside Church in NYC reflects a Christ-centered life.
I will fully admit that such a monstrous instrument is utterly beyond the pale. Nobody needs 150
ranks (or whatever it has) to play a service, lead a choir, or play literature. And I fully admit that
such an instrument was built to appease the ego of an organist (Virgil Fox) not to the glory of God.
But that's the instrument they have -- the bed they made, so to speak -- and that's what they have
a duty to uphold. Getting rid of it or replacing it would cost even more money than refurbishing it.

But it's all moot: that Church is falling apart. I heard that the roof is leaking in multiple places and
they don't have enough money to fix it because previous pastors blew the endowment. So, while I have
heard that the instrument is having some significant problems, they pale next to the litany of problems
that the church as a whole is having.

Nemesio

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
05 May 07

RBHill, pay no attention to him. He is the same kind of guy who like Judas would be telling Jesus the rich perfume could have been better spent on the poor.
RBHILL is hardly Jesus. And the pimpmobile hardly anoints him for a sacrifice.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

I got my car as a gift. All three. But on the Mustang I have to pay my parents $100 a month for the next 10 years. to pay it of for how much they got it for.
A 10-year repayment schedule for a gift? Your parents are loan sharks.