Humans are egotistical when it comes to god.

Humans are egotistical when it comes to god.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 07

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
Telomeres serve no purpose whatsoever in the middle of chromosomes, but are neccesary on the ends, it would be poor 'design' to put them there if you were making animals deliberately, but if two chromosomes merged it makes perfect sense. That is really the only logical explanation given the evidence, we have 1 fewer pair of chromosomes, and one of our ...[text shortened]... think it is a whole lot more likely than saying Jesus ate it, and then planted the dog there.
Exactly how many animals have you designed that have come to life
and live generation after generation? I mean you must understand the
process completely if you can say this is good or bad, is there a paper
we can read on your works in animal design?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
We have all given you plenty of evidence, just exactly what do you think I should do next, bring you an encyclopedia? You want it in writing? I think you just will refuse anything we bring to the table. That to me means closed mind. All you have is a 5000 year old creation story which actually preceeds christianity. I know that one for a fact, I saw the dra ...[text shortened]... 't provide it so your closed mind will be safe from the contamination of heathen like me.
I am only interested in one piece of evidence from you?
Kelly

w

Moves
16 Apr 07
1 edit

One thing I wonder, do you know the 7 day creation story did not even originate with christianity?
As I was telling your buddy in arms KJ, I saw the papyrus about 4000 years old in the Cairo museum that depicted the whole thing but it was quite egyptian in design, not a christian in sight. So your creation story is just another plagerism of the false non-god ...[text shortened]... mething? That kind of technique didn't work on me when I was 8, why do thing it would work now?[/b]
I did not realize that anyone thought that Christians wrote Genesis.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Apr 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
I am only interested in one piece of evidence from you?
Kelly
And that evidence would be what?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Apr 07

Originally posted by whodey
I did not realize that anyone thought that Christians wrote Genesis.
No, you are right on that score, it's the Jewish bible, but they did not originate the 7 day creation tale either, its about twice as old as Jews.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 07

And that evidence would be what?
You are kidding right? After our conversation you forgot?
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Apr 07

You are kidding right? After our conversation you forgot?
Kelly
I have been sick as hell for two weeks, have not even gone to work so remind me ok, my eyes are burning, its hard to even read right now, which sucks, wheezing and so forth, never had the flu this bad. So which evidence are you talking about?

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
16 Apr 07

Exactly how many animals have you designed that have come to life
and live generation after generation? I mean you must understand the
process completely if you can say this is good or bad, is there a paper
we can read on your works in animal design?
Kelly
No, but there are hundreds of papers you can read on the well understood function of telomeres. I don't know every aspect of animal design, but I know why they die if they don't have telomeres on the ends of their chromosomes, and why these don't help them at all by being in any other part of the genome.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 07

I have been sick as hell for two weeks, have not even gone to work so remind me ok, my eyes are burning, its hard to even read right now, which sucks, wheezing and so forth, never had the flu this bad. So which evidence are you talking about?
When your better we will pick it up, not worth it while your ill.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 07

No, but there are hundreds of papers you can read on the well understood function of telomeres. I don't know every aspect of animal design, but I know why they die if they don't have telomeres on the ends of their chromosomes, and why these don't help them at all by being in any other part of the genome.
My point remains, have you created any life form to do a side by side
comparison?
Kelly

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
16 Apr 07

My point remains, have you created any life form to do a side by side
comparison?
Kelly
So you're saying all biological research is meaningless if we haven't created life from scratch?

You didn't build your pet cat or whatever, but i bet you could tell me what would happen if you didn't feed it. And I bet you could tell me in general terms at least, why the cat needs food. It isn't magic, there are these things call deductive and inductive reasoning that are perfectly valid.

w

Moves
16 Apr 07
1 edit

No, you are right on that score, it's the Jewish bible, but they did not originate the 7 day creation tale either, its about twice as old as Jews.
And you can prove this? Perhaps the Eygptians have the oldest surviving records for believing so but this in no way proves that the idea originated with them. Also of interest are ancient Sumarian writings which refer to a garden of Eden and a great flood. If such ancient stories have been recorded in antiquity as it also is in the Bible it stands to reason that such truth has some merit, no? You simply ignore such stories that are related to our origins and smugly say that the Jews copied all of their stories from other cultures and that is why there are similarities rather than saying that we all come from the same background so their stories should have similarities in them.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
16 Apr 07

Originally posted by whodey
And you can prove this? Perhaps the Eygptians have the oldest surviving records for believing so but this in no way proves that the idea originated with them. Also of interest are ancient Sumarian writings which refer to a garden of Eden and a great flood. If such ancient stories have been recorded in antiquity as it also is in the Bible it stands to reaso ...[text shortened]... ing that we all come from the same background so their stories should have similarities in them.
God inspired/wrote the Bible correct? So who or what inspired/wrote the earlier creation stories?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 07

So you're saying all biological research is meaningless if we haven't created life from scratch?

You didn't build your pet cat or whatever, but i bet you could tell me what would happen if you didn't feed it. And I bet you could tell me in general terms at least, why the cat needs food. It isn't magic, there are these things call deductive and inductive reasoning that are perfectly valid.
Did I say that? No, I am saying your judgment on what is good or
better with regard to design is! I don't know a thing about building
space ships and the little I know about parts of it, doesn't mean that
my judgment on what the designers should have done because of
my understanding is as worthless as yours is about designing a
life form.
Kelly

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
16 Apr 07

Did I say that? No, I am saying your judgment on what is good or
better with regard to design is! I don't know a thing about building
space ships and the little I know about parts of it, doesn't mean that
my judgment on what the designers should have done because of
my understanding is as worthless as yours is about designing a
life form.
Kelly
But lets say you understand one aspect of the spaceship, even if you can't build the whole. We'll go with space toilets. Not a big part of the spaceship overall, but vital. In 99% of all spaceships the toilets are in the bathroom area. In one ship there is a toilet sandwiched between the rocket exhausts. You understand perfectly well how people excrete waste and how it goes into the toilet. There is no benefit to the ship having a toilet on the outside, but it isn't hurting too much. Intelligent designers wouldn't waste resources on an outside space toilet, you drop your pants and your bum gets pretty close to absolute zero. You don't need to be able to build the ship to say that that particular toilet is useless, you just need to understand toilets and how they are used.