Hugh Ross - False Teacher

Hugh Ross - False Teacher

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 12

Originally posted by jaywill
I guess I'm not a skeptic because I would LOVE to see what the Christians here are unanimous about.

The most important thing we are unanimous about is that Jesus Christ is Lord. And that is not a small matter by any means.
Right on! HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 12
8 edits

You do not have the gift of prophecy. Okay. Do you have the gift that tells you the date of the creation of the world ?

What is that date ?
How do you know that the creation of the universe could not be more than 6,000 years ago ?

Is that by divine gift you know that ? Or is there a place in the Scripture informing you of the year or century mains to be held as recently as 2000 AD,[1][2] six thousand years after 4004 BC. [/quote]
No. I have no gift to look into the past or the future.
I do not know the date of the creation.
I do not know the age of the universe. I believe it is in the thousands, not in the millions. I have no divine gift to know that; I just believe and have faith that it is so.
I do not put my trust in man-made chronologies and believe they are all wrong, including Usher's, who I believe also does not calculate enough time. However, he may have calculated too much time.

I say again, Hugh Ross is wrong and is a false teacher. Take it or leave it.

j

Moves
31 May 12
3 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I do not know the age of the universe. I believe it is in the thousands, not in the millions. I have no divine gift to know that; I just believe and have faith that it is so.
I do not put my trust in man-made chronologies and believe they are all wrong, inclu h time.

[b]I say again, Hugh Ross is wrong and is a false teacher. Take it or leave it.
[/b]

So if you don't know, should you be called a "false teacher" when you speculate ?

So if you do not know, if someone else who does not know speculates, should he be branded a "false teacher" ?

I do not know the age of the universe. I believe it is in the thousands, not in the millions.

I do not know either. So we both are free to have a belief.

Should I call you a "false teacher" because your belief differs from mine?
Should you brand me a "false teacher" because my belief differs from yours?

Remember. Neither one of us know for certain.
I'd like you to give me an answer.

I have no divine gift to know that; I just believe and have faith that it is so.

Neither do I have a divne gift to know that unrevealed detail. So if a Christian holds a different belief about it than you, is such necessarily a "false teacher" ?

Again, remember that neither one of us know for certain.

I do not put my trust in man-made chronologies and believe they are all wrong, including Usher's, who I believe also does not calculate enough time. However, he may have calculated too much time.

How would you like it is some hyperliteral Christians published that you were a "false teacher" because you do not agree with James Ussher's chronology which they regard as absolutely accurate ?

Are you a "false teacher" because you think his chronology of adding up Bible geneologies may not give enough time back to the creation event ? If you answer yet, then I don't see why you brand a brother so boldly a "false teacher" because his interpretation on this unrevealed matter differs from yours.

Can't you say that you feel Hugh Ross is incorrect without labelling him like a heretic or "false teacher" ?

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
31 May 12

Man calls any of that evolution today, as long is God is not included in the beginning.
Of course, even within the Bible, ideas and concepts concerning God evolved considerably over time.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
01 Jun 12

I have yet to be given the gift of prophecy.
you can start learning how to be one here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4461091_become-bard.html

http://www.gothicimage.co.uk/bardic.html

j

Moves
01 Jun 12

I do not put my trust in man-made chronologies and believe they are all wrong, inclu ...[text shortened]... h time.

[/b]

What's the false teaching ? A Day Age interpretation of Genesis 1 ? That's at most a questionable interpretation. An arguable exegesis of Scripture.

j

Moves
01 Jun 12
1 edit

I do not put my trust in man-made chronologies and believe they are all wrong, inclu h time.

[/b]

He at least answers questions and challenges put to him. You seem to be evasive and silent at times, as if to just hope the questioner will go away.

That is often more the behavior a false teacher displays - dogmatic, dismissive.

j

Moves
01 Jun 12

What's the false teaching of Hugh Ross? A Day Age interpretation of Genesis 1 ?

No links right now. Answer in your own words.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12

So if you don't know, should you be called a "false teacher" when you speculate ?

So if you do not know, if someone else who does not know speculates, should he be branded a "false teacher" ?

[quote]
I do not k ...[text shortened]... s is incorrect without labelling him like a heretic or "false teacher" ?
Christians can disagree on many things without being false teachers. I have not started a ministry like Hugh Ross. The teachings he presents back up the theory of Evolution and not the theory of Creation as presented in the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible presents us with a creation week and each day consists of an evening (night time) and a morning (day time). Any normal person reading this knows that these days are each 24-hour days just like we understand days today. So I think it is fair to call anyone who deliberately sets up a ministry to teach contrary to the clear word of God is a false teacher. And I will not apologize for calling him that, for it is the truth. He is teaching falsely against the word of God..

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12

Originally posted by finnegan
Of course, even within the Bible, ideas and concepts concerning God evolved considerably over time.
Correction. The ideas and concepts concerning God were revealed over time by special revelation.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
you can start learning how to be one here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4461091_become-bard.html

http://www.gothicimage.co.uk/bardic.html

j

Moves
01 Jun 12

Christians can disagree on many things without being false teachers. I have not started a ministry like Hugh Ross. The teachings he presents back up the theory of Evolution and not the theory of Creation as presented in the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible presents us with a creation week and each day consists of an evening (night time) and a morning (day time) ...[text shortened]... the truth. He is teaching falsely against the word of God..

Christians can disagree on many things without being false teachers.

HalleluYah. Praise the Lord.

Thankyou.

I have not started a ministry like Hugh Ross. The teachings he presents back up the theory of Evolution and not the theory of Creation as presented in the Holy Bible.

Macro Evolution ?
Species turning into new species ?

I didn't notice that so much. I saw his multiple videos on "Who Was Adam"? .

I am willing to look at it again. But, if we put on the Gospel salvation is not based upon whether or not one regards Evolution as true. I think, at least I hope you realize that.

Confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord.
Believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead.

There is not even a New Testament requirement to believe that Adam existed. I do think one will run into problems with Paul's foundations of the Christian doctrine in Romans. But the rejection of Evolution will never be something I will impose on the sinner, as a requirement of salvation.

I came to Jesus with Evolution and He received me.

So how much of a "false teaching" should we charge because some brother, maybe weak in faith, holds to it ? Have you read about the brothers receiving one another in Romans 14 ?

I believe in a FIRST MAN - Adam. If not then Romans 5 makes little sense.
But Christ received me before I gave this much thought.

The Holy Bible presents us with a creation week and each day consists of an evening (night time) and a morning (day time).

I believe a week is conveyed. But this week is a week of restoration, recovery, and further creation. This is a week of reconstruction. And we cannot really know too much about what preceeded.

There are other "gaps" in the Scipture. In Hebrews 11, the book of the heros of the faith, there is a gap. The entire 40 years of Israel's wandering in the wilderness is simply NOT accounted for as the writer traverses history of the faithful in the Old Testament.

For his own reasons, the wandering in the wilderness of Sinai for 40 years was simply ignored. It is as if the writer simply does not want to mention anything that happened in that period as being "by faith".

It is left out according to the priorities of the Holy Spirit. The same could be true for time between when God created the heavens and the earth in the beginning and the time the seer sees in his vision the earth in a state of void and emptiness. Like the 40 years of wandering omitted from Hebrews 11, the Holy Spirit could have just left out an interval not of immediate interest to His burden.

Any normal person reading this knows that these days are each 24-hour days just like we understand days today. So I think it is fair to call anyone who deliberately sets up a ministry to teach contrary to the clear word of God is a false teacher. And I will not apologize for calling him that, for it is the truth. He is teaching falsely against the word of God..

Don't apologize. But I will be watching you. And a similar standard I will show you could be applied to you.

When I flag you and say "False Teacher" - you will understand that as you can be strict with another, we also can with you.

Do you think Ken Ham has nothing but accurate expositions from the Bible ?
Do you think Kent Hovind makes no mistakes in his interpretations ?

Henry Morris was the first hardline YEC that I ever heard about. Some of his interpretations of how many people could fit per square yard in the New Jerusalem were as SILLY.... as SILLY as ANYTHING you read from Ross. Garuantee you.

Have to go.

Moves
01 Jun 12

I guess I'm not a skeptic because I would LOVE to see what the Christians here are unanimous about.

The most important thing we are unanimous about is that Jesus Christ is Lord. And that is not a small matter by any means.
If it is not a small thing, I would like to see whose behavior on this forum focuses on that fact about Christians, and what it means, instead of whether this or that detail, like which weekday this or that happened, is essential to salvation. It certainty doesn't get much attention. (Unless all those details are essential, which you seem to question.)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12
1 edit

Thankyou.

I have not started a ministry like Hugh Ross. The teachings he presents back up the theory of Evolution and not the theory of Creation as presented in the Holy Bible.

Macro Evolution ?
Species tur SILLY.... as SILLY as ANYTHING you read from Ross. Garuantee you.

Have to go.
I think Ross calls God a liar when He contradicts the Creation week. He has a ministry intended to spread his false teachings; I do not. This is the only site I have ever discussed my beliefs in detail. I do not request money from anyone to support spreading my beliefs. I simply present them as the way I believe and challenge the false beliefs of others, like the evolution fraud. I am disappointed that you do not agree with me on this, but I do not consider you a false teacher. We can all be deceived by Satan for awhile to believe a lie, but under careful scrutiny and with the help of the Holy Spirit we will eventually see the truth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12
1 edit

Thankyou.

Macro Evolution ?
Species tur SILLY.... as SILLY as ANYTHING you read from Ross. Garuantee you.

Have to go.
I had to look up Ken Ham on Wikipedia to find out who he is because I had never heard of him. Thanks, I will see if I can find out what he teaches. But I do not expect anyone to go through life without making some mistakes. I am only referring to false religious teachings, like the Watchtower, Mormans, and such. It is quite clear that God wanted us to think of those creation days, just like we do a week today. He declared a memorial to it by making the 7th day of each week a rest day for us to remember his creation in six days and a final day of rest for God to admire and declare His creation good. Man only rests for 24 hours, not a thousand years. So obviously the day - age theory is a false theory. Enough said. You believe what is right in your own eyes, and I will believe the clear record of God.