Moves
    24 May '22 21:36
    @kellyjay said
    The same number as God.
    All you have to do is type either:

“One”

or “two”

Or “three”

How many “spirits” are there in the trinity?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '22 11:381 edit
    When you speak of the worship of God do you just mean something purely objective?

I mean like "God is OUT THERE, one in number [OR] more than one in number. And I only objectively worship this God/s" ?

What do you mean by "God" or "Gods" worshipped ?

Jesus spoke of worship which included a very subjective aspect like drinking living water of the Holy Spirit.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '22 11:391 edit
    "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truthfulness." (John 4:24)

But according to the context Jesus was referring to drinking the living water of the Spirit that God would cause to be a gushing up fountain within man.

" . . . whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into eternal life." (v.14)

Jesus was including in "worship" subjective enjoyment of God's Spirit welling and gushing up with a DRINKER.

Now let's examine some of the "drinker" worshippers in the NT.

Romans 8:10 says Christ is indwelling the believers for their enjoyment.
    "But if Christ be in you, . . . " (v.10a)

But this Christ also intercedes Another - the Father, and that from Heaven.

"Who is he who condemns? Itr is Christ Jesus who died and, rather, who was raised, who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (v.34)

Do you see what the ancient brothers had to come up with such a term like "Trinity?"

Christ intercedes to His Father NOW in the church age on our behalf.
    Christ indwells the believers as Christ, as the Spirit of Christ as the Spirit of God.

From where comes the slam-dunk modalism attitude of "These idiots just couldn't get it right. What's the problem? Didn't they read about Hear O Israel the Lord is one . . . ?"

Divegeester, the aplum with which you dismiss Christian thinkers of centuries past is not fair to these lovers of God. They were forced to say SOMETHING about the mysterious nature of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '22 14:18
    @sonship said
    Divegeester, the aplum with which you dismiss Christian thinkers of centuries past is not fair to these lovers of God. They were forced to say SOMETHING about the mysterious nature of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit.
    I don’t dismiss anyone. I just think the trinity is nonsense doctrine which is confusing and essentially Babylonian.

You worship three Gods
    I worship one God
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 May '22 23:02
    @divegeester said
    I don’t dismiss anyone. I just think the trinity is nonsense doctrine which is confusing and essentially Babylonian.

You worship three Gods
    I worship one God
    Let's talk about the God you worship; He is just one, right, no more, no less?
    God the Father is God, but there is only one, no more, no less.
    God the Son, or the Son of God, who is God right, one just one no more or less.
    God the Holy Spirit is God right, one, just one, no more, no less.
    All the same God, just in different manifestations, correct?
    This is not nonsense to your thinking; it is correct there is only one God in all that I
    have said thus far; according to you, this is correct? If I'm getting something wrong,
    please correct me.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '22 23:16
    @divegeester

What do you mean by "worship"?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '22 00:304 edits
    @divegeester

You worship three Gods
    I worship one God

Let's see.

" . . . we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous." (1 John 2:1b)

I believe there is one God.
    "You alone are God." (Psalm 86:10)

Shouldn't I worship Jesus Christ the Righteous?

Shouldn't I worship the Father of Jesus Christ WITH WHOM "Jesus Christ the Righteous" is an Advocate?

Which One is wrong to worship? Jesus Christ the Righteous OR the Father with Whom Jesus Christ is an Advocate?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '22 05:26
    @kellyjay said
    This is not nonsense ...[text shortened]... aid thus far; according to you, this is correct? If I'm getting something wrong,
    please correct me.
    The bible says, hundreds of times that God is One. It never ever, not once, says God is TWO, or THREE or more. Always ONE.

There is no trinity in the bible, it is man made.

You’re a father, you’re a brother and you’re a son. But you’re still the same person.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '22 05:26
    @kevin-eleven said
    @divegeester

What do you mean by "worship"?
    Use the usual meaning of it.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '22 09:22
    @divegeester said
    The bible says, hundreds of times that God is One. It never ever, not once, says God is TWO, or THREE or more. Always ONE.

There is no trinity in the bible, it is man made.

You’re a father, you’re a brother and you’re a son. But you’re still the same person.
    So what I said was correct that is how you view it?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '22 09:35
    @kellyjay said
    So what I said was correct that is how you view it?
    Which of your posts care you referring to?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '22 10:09
    @divegeester said
    Which of your posts care you referring to?
    This is not nonsense to your thinking; it is correct there is only one God in all that I
    have said thus far; according to you, this is correct? If I'm getting something wrong,
    please correct me.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '22 22:19
    @kellyjay said
    This is not nonsense ...[text shortened]... aid thus far; according to you, this is correct? If I'm getting something wrong,
    please correct me.
    You are a father, a brother, a son and even a friend, but you are just ONE person.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '22 23:29
    @divegeester said
    You are a father, a brother, a son and even a friend, but you are just ONE person.
    Yes, but I don't tell myself to go somewhere and do things; I don't keep secrets from
    myself that only I can know; I don't claim to have a relationship with myself before
    I was born; I don't sit next to myself someplace while sending myself to help others
    while saying I will not speak of myself but only tell others about me. The way you
    describe God that is what you are doing.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 May '22 05:451 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, but I don't tell myself to go somewhere and do things; I don't keep secrets from
    myself that only I can know; I don't claim to have a relationship with myself before
    I was born; I don't sit next to myself someplace while sending myself to help others
    while saying I will not speak of myself but only tell others about me. The way you
    describe God that is what you are doing.
    I’m just giving you an analogy to help you understand how ONE person can be different things to different people.

If you want to believe in three beings somehow merged into a multi-head Babylonian style god which, in the other thread, you cannot even explain the rudiments of, then that’s your call. I don’t and never will.

Your god is a weird three-headed, 3 being thing who only saves a few of its creations, is outwitted by satan who destroys billions and who then exacts its wrath on those billions by personally overseeing their eternal torture.

Not very appealing is it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree