How is the biblical god different from Hitler?

How is the biblical god different from Hitler?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by vivify
"How many did God kill"?

Well, at least a few thousand, since the bible god ordered the killing of entire tribes--multiple times. And when you factor in that the bible god killed the entire earth via a global flood...that would bring the death count up to at least a billion.

So to answer your question: your god's killed about a billion children.
God ordered the destruction of entire tribes, really, which ones, you have not said? In
the case of the Canaanite, it was divine judgement for 'polluting the land', with immoral
practices such as child sacrifice of which there is a plethora of archaeological evidence,
in the case of the midianites, God ordered the Israelites not to attack them at all, and
in deed the majority of cases the mandate was to drive the Canaanites out, its only
when they took a stance of war, that they were destroyed making your assertions
utterly ludicrous. About a billion, did you dream that number up like the rest of your
text? let it be noted that you have not addressed a single point in my entire text as to
Gods impartiality, his attempts to reconcile mankind to himself or anything of real
substance. So lets get this, God was responsible for one or two tribes, Hitler directly
or indirectly responsible for tens of millions of people in WWII, thank you for putting
it in perspective for us, we couldn't have done it without you.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
God ordered the destruction of entire tribes, really, which ones, you have not said? In
the case of the Canaanite, it was divine judgement for 'polluting the land', with immoral
practices such as child sacrifice of which there is a plethora of archaeological evidence,
in the case of the midianites, God ordered the Israelites not to attack them ...[text shortened]... WWII, thank you for putting
it in perspective for us, we couldn't have done it without you.
has lovingly put up with slander of the most vile kind as is evidenced by the comments from haters in this thread

He will eventually annihilate everyone on the planet who isn't a JW right? I can't see how that is 'lovingly' anything.?!

rc

Moves
22 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]has lovingly put up with slander of the most vile kind as is evidenced by the comments from haters in this thread

He will eventually annihilate everyone on the planet who isn't a JW right? I can't see how that is 'lovingly' anything.?![/b]
Actually those persons who take a stance against God and his designate King, Jesus
Christ, bring destruction upon themselves.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Oct 12

Actually those persons who take a stance against God and his designate King, Jesus
Christ, bring destruction upon themselves.
So i will annihilate myself?

rc

Moves
22 Oct 12

So i will annihilate myself?
Indeed you are personally responsible for your actions.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Oct 12
1 edit

Indeed you are personally responsible for your actions.
I know that. I just don't see how murdering me (if i'm still alive come judgement), and the rest of the planet bar a few million JW's, can be construed as 'loving'.

rc

Moves
22 Oct 12

I know that. I just don't see how murdering me (if i'm still alive come judgement), and the rest of the planet bar a few million JW's, can be construed as 'loving'.
You have the opportunity to bring your life into harmony with Gods revealed will, its
your choice as a free moral agent whether you do so or not and whether its loving,
hmmm, I agree that it seems somewhat macabre, but i dont make the rules 🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Oct 12

You have the opportunity to bring your life into harmony with Gods revealed will, its
your choice as a free moral agent whether you do so or not and whether its loving,
hmmm, I agree that it seems somewhat macabre, but i dont make the rules 🙂
You claimed God 'lovingly' put up with slander, but this is simply not the case. At some point in the future he is going to murder 99% of the human population, how is this 'loving'?

rc

Moves
22 Oct 12
1 edit

You claimed God 'lovingly' put up with slander, but this is simply not the case. At some point in the future he is going to murder 99% of the human population, how is this 'loving'?
it is the case, he was slandered since the garden of Eden, Satan termed him a liar, he
has let the system perpetuate so that all who are disposed may seek him, that is loving
and that is patient,

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider
slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed
but desires all to attain to repentance.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Oct 12

it is the case, he was slandered since the garden of Eden, Satan termed him a liar, he
has let the system perpetuate so that all who are disposed may seek him, that is loving
and that is patient,

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider
slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed
but desires all to attain to repentance.
How can murdering 99% of the planet be termed 'loving'?

rc

Moves
22 Oct 12
3 edits

How can murdering 99% of the planet be termed 'loving'?
Its not murder if they know the consequences of their actions, is it. Murder is what
happens to the innocent, not the guilty. anyhow, i need to go to work, hopefully Gods
patience lasts until i get back and you're not zapped into a cornflake 😀

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Oct 12

Its not murder if they know the consequences of their actions, is it.
LOL!!!!!!

So if a gunman enters my house and tells me 'don't run or i will shoot you', at which point i make a run for it and he fires killing me, that's not murder?!

rc

Moves
22 Oct 12
1 edit

LOL!!!!!!

So if a gunman enters my house and tells me 'don't run or i will shoot you', at which point i make a run for it and he fires killing me, that's not murder?!
Build your house on the San Andreas fault and claim that it wasn't your fault when an earthquake tears it down 😕

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Oct 12

Build your house on the San Andreas fault and claim that it wasn't your fault when an earthquake tears it down 😕
An earthquake is the result of natural forces. Murder involves someone making a decision to end someones life. Your analogy fails.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Oct 12

An earthquake is the result of natural forces. Murder involves someone making a decision to end someones life. Your analogy fails.
Your analogy fails, too.
Murder is the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Malice:
1. desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another
2. intent to commit an unlawful act or cause harm without legal justification or excuse

God makes the law. God is not a human. God is spirit and light.
Light automatically destroys the darkness when it come near the dark.