1. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    04 May '12 19:13
    I'm not sure why one would think intelligent design is required for the universe.....but that little app is pretty cool
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '12 19:28
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I guess ignorance truly is bliss for some 🙂
    You sound envious.
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 May '12 19:35
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You sound envious.
    You are reading things that aren't there. I'm not envious at all. I don't see why I would be envious of the ignorant.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '12 19:44
    You are reading things that aren't there. I'm not envious at all. I don't see why I would be envious of the ignorant.
    Its either you are missing a few social screws or you have personal problems that we cannot discuss on an internet forum.

You need to lighten up pal ..its a harmless thread about a very nice representation about the universe and its inhabitants. Forget about your dislike for the ignorant theists for a couple minutes. 🙂
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 May '12 19:49
    Its either you are missing a few social screws or you have personal problems that we cannot discuss on an internet forum.

You need to lighten up pal ..its a harmless thread about a very nice representation about the universe and its inhabitants. Forget about your dislike for the ignorant theists for a couple minutes. 🙂
    I don't dislike theists, at least not all theists. You once again are reading things that aren't there.

It appears to me that you are misunderstanding what I am saying. If you want me to clarify something that you obviously misunderstood, just ask 🙂
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '12 21:00
    I don't dislike theists, at least not all theists. You once again are reading things that aren't there.

It appears to me that you are misunderstanding what I am saying. If you want me to clarify something that you obviously misunderstood, just ask 🙂
    Not interested. Just enjoy the link I provided.
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 May '12 22:24
    Not interested. Just enjoy the link I provided.
    Ok. Have a great weekend!
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 00:33
    I just looked at the title of this thread and then realized how this last little exchange...well you get the idea.

although psychopawn did assume a bit too much himself when he said that "ignorance was bliss" . Thats where this little exchange has sprung up from ...

any more?

Can we really live up to this awesome thread title??
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 May '12 00:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I just looked at the title of this thread and then realized how this last little exchange...well you get the idea.

although psychopawn did assume a bit too much himself when he said that "ignorance was bliss" . Thats where this little exchange has sprung up from ...

any more?

Can we really live up to this awesome thread title??
    What would be the significance of living up to this awesome thread title? 😉
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 01:08
    Originally posted by JS357
    What would be the significance of living up to this awesome thread title? 😉
    I dont know.. there's a few different ways to interprate how to peter this out 😉

(no doubt a 'state of Christlessness' would cause a stir and would be seen by some to be the height of insignificance)
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '12 01:10
    Very nice graphical representation of all that's in the universe [at least what we know of]. There must have been an intelligent designer.

My opinion - the universe is teeming with life.

Note : Im not debating.

http://htwins.net/scale2/
    Kudos and thanks for bringing this to us. Quite interesting.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 01:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Kudos and thanks for bringing this to us. Quite interesting.
    Hey Suzi Q!!

Do you think we are insignificant?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '12 01:25
    Hey Suzi Q!!

Do you think we are insignificant?
    No, not at all, for we were created in God's image. That's not insignificant.

That we are smaller than most things in this vast universe should come as a shock to no one.

Size matters not. Judge us by our size, do you? (Apologies to George Lucas)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 01:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, not at all, for we were created in God's image. That's not insignificant.

That we are smaller than most things in this vast universe should come as a shock to no one.

Size matters not. Judge us by our size, do you? (Apologies to George Lucas)
    Yes thats refreshing.
    I find your views very interesting at times. I agree with more than you might expect 🙂

But this "being created in God's image" business is all a bit strange to me. It seems quite comforting but ultimately not quite right (to me anyway).

The real "God" is unmanifest and beyond manifestation and all the other possibilities at the same time. While "It" is part of creation "It" is definately not formed and hence easy to put into any likeness. Whether it be asian or European looking,eh ?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '12 02:17
    Yes thats refreshing.
    I find your views very interesting at times. I agree with more than you might expect 🙂

But this "being created in God's image" business is all a bit strange to me. It seems quite comforting but ultimately not quite right (to me anyway).

The real "God" is unmanifest and beyond manifestation and all the other possibilities ...[text shortened]... d and hence easy to put into any likeness. Whether it be asian or European looking,eh ?
    Yes, in this case, race matters not, as well. This indicates to me that aspects of God and aspects of man are similar, not necessarily the exact image.

It's interesting to note that the Quran (how is that spelled, anyhow? I see different spellings for it all the time) prohibits any graven likenesses of God, and in addition, it prohibits any images of man (perhaps because man is an image of God?), probably to avoid idolatry. This is why Arab chess sets have no faces or human likenesses for King, Queen or Bishop. And since Islam is a worldwide religion, this must be the main reason for the popularity of sets like the Staunton set. Sets with human likenesses are mainly only found in the West.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree