How Do You Feel?

How Do You Feel?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the best that one can hope for is a mutual understanding.
Are you saying that you would prefer mutual understanding to hatred and murder? Is it possible that living together with fellow humans in a peaceful and productive state could be more important than ensuring that everyone adopt your beliefs? Is there anyone else around here that agrees with that?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Are you saying that you would prefer mutual understanding to hatred and murder? Is it possible that living together with fellow humans in a peaceful and productive state could be more important than ensuring that everyone adopt your beliefs? Is there anyone else around here that agrees with that?
Whoever doesn't agree with that should have their head examined.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Would you say that your viewpoint on religion is only the result of the application of reason? Or, do you have a particular viewpoint because it 'feels' right to you? If you are a theist (or not) can you imagine changing those beliefs as the result of an argument? I don't want to hear the arguments! I just want to know (whatever your views) why you hold ...[text shortened]... ant to do is to impose it on others who might not 'feel' this way. How do you feel?
I'm the opposite I think I always believed in a god. Maybe it was just because my mom was a catholic. I just struggled with what I learned in school and how that would mesh with belief in god. I remembered that when I first became a Christian I struggled with the whole science vs. creation thing almost to the point of recanting my confession of becoming a Christian. I think though I see design and purpose in are world and universe and that for me is why I believe in a god. I guess for me why do we live and have dreams and all if we become just worm food? I do believe however that Christians/Theist try to explain everything in a nice neat box. I believe under certain circumstances my beliefs can change somewhat. I do believe I will always believe in a god however.

Manny

d

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by menace71
I'm the opposite I think I always believed in a god. Maybe it was just because my mom was a catholic. I just struggled with what I learned in school and how that would mesh with belief in god. I remembered that when I first became a Christian I struggled with the whole science vs. creation thing almost to the point of recanting my confession of becoming a C ...[text shortened]... y beliefs can change somewhat. I do believe I will always believe in a god however.

Manny
God, Catholic.

Moves
01 Aug 09

Originally posted by menace71
I'm the opposite I think I always believed in a god. Maybe it was just because my mom was a catholic. I just struggled with what I learned in school and how that would mesh with belief in god. I remembered that when I first became a Christian I struggled with the whole science vs. creation thing almost to the point of recanting my confession of becoming a C ...[text shortened]... y beliefs can change somewhat. I do believe I will always believe in a god however.

Manny
If I understand you, you are saying that it was not something that you worked out logically. It is just "how you feel", is that right? My observation is that because it is a feeling that reflects more than your ability to reason then it is not susceptible to changing by way of reason. In other words, I couldn't talk you out of it. In fact it would be pretty stupid to try when there is so much suffering in this world that could be alleviated by cooperation and understanding. Would you agree with that?