How do Christians make the world...

How do Christians make the world...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
20 Mar 07

... a better place?

Thoughts anyone?

d

Moves
20 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Starrman
... a better place?

Thoughts anyone?
Missionaries do.

My Mother spent a good portion of last year volunteering her time distributing medicines and assisting doctors and nurses in villages in Fiji, Uganda and Jamaica. She worked with two missionary doctors and others who spend their vacations helping the people in these villages.

Not to toot her horn or anything but my Momma's a good Christian lady. 😏

lb

Moves
20 Mar 07

... a better place?

Thoughts anyone?
They kill off the infidel. Look at the good works of El Cid and all those Crusaders! Long live Godfrey and the rest!!!!!!!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Mar 07

... a better place?

Thoughts anyone?
By spreading the good news.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
20 Mar 07

Originally posted by josephw
Hooray! The world is going to come to an end and I will be damned to eternal suffering for my personal beliefs. I'm so relieved, what good news!

d

Moves
20 Mar 07

Originally posted by josephw
That's old news, pal.

d

Moves
20 Mar 07

Originally posted by darvlay
My Mother spent a good portion of last year volunteering her time distributing medicines and assisting doctors and nurses in villages in Fiji, Uganda and Jamaica. She worked with two missionary doctors and others who spend their vacations helping the people in these villages.
While you were taking drugs and fornicating?

Oh, oh, oh, the shame.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Mar 07

That's old news, pal.
I didn't say it was new news. And I'm not your pal.

m

Moves
20 Mar 07

... a better place?

Thoughts anyone?
Oxfam, Christian Aid, Tearfund, World Vision etc

W

Moves
20 Mar 07

Missionaries do.

Not to toot her horn or anything but my Momma's a good Christian lady. 😏
I'm not a christian but I would love to volunteer my time helping in places like your mother did.

Good for her... she sounds like a good lady.

w

Moves
21 Mar 07
6 edits

... a better place?

Thoughts anyone?
I think you know how I feel on the subject. We once discussed how Christians were first recieved as a new belief system into the world as they were martyred one by one and for what? They were a peace loving people who did not choose to fight back and render evil for evil. Just look at Christ and his disciples who were martyred and the early Christians being fed to lions in Rome etc. The ironic part is that it seemed as though the more people who were martyred for the faith increased so did the strength of the movement. I must admit as I look at the lives of the early believers and the sacrifices they made for their faith, the sacrifices I have made pale in comparison. What I do know, however, is that today I am not forced to make such sacrifices as was required before the advent of Christiandom. How could the world not become a better place if more and more men and women sincerly choose to follow the examples of Christ?

I do not mean, however, to diminish the sufferings of Christians today who are persecuted. People are still subject to death simply for choosing to choose Christ. I am just glad that it does not seem to be as wide spread in the world today as it was in the early days of the Christian movement. I think this speaks volumes as to the overall effects Christianity has had over the years on the world today.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
Hooray! The world is going to come to an end and I will be damned to eternal suffering for my personal beliefs. I'm so relieved, what good news!
Ignorant response.

w

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by Wayne1324
I'm not a christian but I would love to volunteer my time helping in places like your mother did.

Good for her... she sounds like a good lady.
What's stoppin ya?

E

Moves
21 Mar 07

how does any other religion make the world a better place? and how do atheists and agnostics make the world a better place?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
how does any other religion make the world a better place? and how do atheists and agnostics make the world a better place?
I wasn't aware that Christians held the monopoly on doing good things.