How Christianity is different from all other Beliefs

How Christianity is different from all other Beliefs

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
02 Nov 10

Originally posted by duecer
I agree mostly Robbie.

I belong to the Christian Motorcyclist Association. It is a non-denominational ministry that focuses its effort at biker ministries.

Yesterday someone from the organization decides to send this e-mail:
Hi Folks,
As you can read this e-mail was sent by Rod Parker and I am not trying to use CMA
e-mail list to promote a political ...[text shortened]... il about polotics and I'll cut my patch off my vest and mail it to them...the nerve!
((((AMEN)))) Selah!

rc

Moves
03 Nov 10

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
((((AMEN)))) Selah!
wow, you know the meaning of Selah Taco, i am encouraged 🙂

t

Moves
03 Nov 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
wow, you know the meaning of Selah Taco, i am encouraged 🙂
eh?

rc

Moves
03 Nov 10

eh?
Selah, its meaning, not many persons are aware of it 🙂

t

Moves
03 Nov 10

rly?

rc

Moves
03 Nov 10
1 edit

rly?
yes,

SELAH
A transliterated Hebrew expression found frequently in the Psalms and also appearing in Habakkuk chapter 3. Although it is generally thought to be a technical term for music or recitation, its exact significance is unknown. It is held by some to mean a “pause, suspension, or holding back,” either of the singing of the psalm for a musical interlude or of both singing and instrumental music for silent meditation. In either event, the pause was doubtless used to make the fact or sentiment just expressed more impressive, to allow the full import of the last utterance to sink in. The Greek Septuagint rendering of Selah is diapsalma, defined as “a musical interlude.” Selah always appears at the end of a clause and generally at the end of a strophe, every occurrence being in a song containing some kind of musical direction or expression. In Psalm 9:16 it is accompanied by “Higgaion,” there understood by some to be associated with the music of the harp.

t

Moves
03 Nov 10

yes,

SELAH
A transliterated Hebrew expression found frequently in the Psalms and also appearing in Habakkuk chapter 3. Although it is generally thought to be a technical term for music or recitation, its exact significance is unknown. It is held by some to mean a “pause, suspension, or holding back,” either of the singing of the psalm for a musi ...[text shortened]... accompanied by “Higgaion,” there understood by some to be associated with the music of the harp.
You left out it meaning "forever", "always", being it's exact significance.

w

Moves
03 Nov 10

I agree mostly Robbie.

I belong to the Christian Motorcyclist Association. It is a non-denominational ministry that focuses its effort at biker ministries.

Yesterday someone from the organization decides to send this e-mail:
Hi Folks,
As you can read this e-mail was sent by Rod Parker and I am not trying to use CMA
e-mail list to promote a political ...[text shortened]... il about polotics and I'll cut my patch off my vest and mail it to them...the nerve!
Robbie is the one mixing politics and religion, not me. He has made the accusation that because I do not support the Obamacare legislation I am not a Christian. Additionally, he is saying that becuase I oppose the left that I am disobeying scripture. This comes from the same political think tank that is murdering millions of unborn children a year.

Why not just start a political movement as the religious left?

rc

Moves
03 Nov 10

Originally posted by whodey
Robbie is the one mixing politics and religion, not me. He has made the accusation that because I do not support the Obamacare legislation I am not a Christian. Additionally, he is saying that becuase I oppose the left that I am disobeying scripture. This comes from the same political think tank that is murdering millions of unborn children a year.

why dont you explain Romans chapter thirteen Whodey, i did not write them, they are not my words, are you scared that they shall expose your stance as being a counterfeit one, well well, what a scardy cat! the same political think tank? what are you talking about, has your paranoia made you delusional?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Nov 10

The point isn't wether you support Obamacare or not, its the mere fact that as a Christian your politics should be unknown to the world. Too many Christians put there political beliefs before their faith. There is no room for faith and political movements to coexist, a servant cannot have two masters for he will learn to love one and hate the other.

Paul was beheaded because he promoted the kingdom of God over the kingdom of Rome. Interestingly enough Paul says we should obey our secular government. And Chrsit said we should render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. How do you square your opinion against scripture?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Nov 10

Why not just start a political movement as the religious left?[/b]
I wanted to answer this one question independantly of the other comments.

If we vote according to our consience, and accordance with Christ's teachings, then what party most resembles those virtues (I prefer virtue over value)? Is cutting education funding a core Christian belief? Is allowing corporations to rape the land and oppress the worker a core Christian belief? Would reducing the taxes of the top 1% while increasing the comparitive load (through fees etc..) on the lower class be a core Christian belief? I can tell you this one thing for sure: Captialism is not a core Christian belief, it is a secular economic model that has only existed for roughly 350 years. Fact!

In fact very little of the rhetoric in political campaigns have anything to do with core Christian beliefs, right or left. So leave religion out of politics, and politics out of religion, and both will be better off.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 10
1 edit

Yes, but why has it?

Would it not be due to they not seeing what Christ meant, his teachings?

The Church of Jesus Christ go to Hospitals for healing when they should be aware that the True Physician is destroying the lie of any ailment, or whatever the case may be, that all things are done -through- Christ which strengtheneth one.
People use whatever they can to get what they want, the justify themselves with
whatever makes them feel better or casts themselves into the best light as they do
the things they want. So killing in the in name of the Prince of Peace is something
people do, just as pedophiles run to organizations that have children in them
people who want power sometimes use God or government to acquire power to for
their own means to an end. People claim they have a higher calling to justify
murder in the name of being prolife, the vilify people who have children in the
name of being prochoice, they smear people’s names and reputations for a more
civilized society. So human nature being the way it is what would you except but to
see a lot of evil done in the name of Christianity, that does not mean Christianity
is evil, that means people are! Christianity is being with God through Jesus Christ,
everything else we make up as we go.
Kelly

w

Moves
03 Nov 10

why dont you explain Romans chapter thirteen Whodey, i did not write them, they are not my words, are you scared that they shall expose your stance as being a counterfeit one, well well, what a scardy cat! the same political think tank? what are you talking about, has your paranoia made you delusional?
I plan on getting to it Robbie. 😉

w

Moves
03 Nov 10

The point isn't wether you support Obamacare or not, its the mere fact that as a Christian your politics should be unknown to the world. Too many Christians put there political beliefs before their faith. There is no room for faith and political movements to coexist, a servant cannot have two masters for he will learn to love one and hate the other.

Paul ...[text shortened]... should render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. How do you square your opinion against scripture?
My politics should be unknown to the world? But I know what your politics are as well as Robbi's. You both favor Obamacare. If we should not know then why do I know?

You say that there is no room for faith and political movements, however, can one vote devoid of ones beliefs? In fact, both you and Robbie seem to be telling me that as a Christian I SHOULD support Obamacare because no one should ever be turned away. Why is that if my religious beliefs and my political beliefs should be seperate? The funny pary, or sad part depending on your perspective, is that no one was being turned away before Obamacare was passed.

Paul was killed because of the spritual warefare that exists between good and evil. It has nothing to do with the fact that Paul may have expressed other views regarding government.

And lastly, I agree with the sentiment to render unto Ceaser what is his. How have I violated this law? In fact, how have I disobeyed the law of the land? I express my opinions and vote like our leaders tell us to do. In fact, I would like to ask Robbie why he does not vote thus disobeying our leaders encouraging us to do so. Just the other day I heard president Obama encouraging EVERYONE to vote.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Nov 10
1 edit

My politics should be unknown to the world? But I know what your politics are as well as Robbi's. You both favor Obamacare. If we should not know then why do I know?

You say that there is no room for faith and political movements, however, can one vote devoid of ones beliefs? In fact, both you and Robbie seem to be telling me that as a Christian I SHOU ...[text shortened]... ouraging us to do so. Just the other day I heard president Obama encouraging EVERYONE to vote.
I never actually said that I support Obamacare, or what my political beliefs are, I am making an argument to illustrate a point. NO the world should not know your politics. The trouble with associating your politics with a political party is that perhaps that party may support something in direct conflict with scriptural teaching...like say war for instance. Jesus said we should turn the other cheek, how does that square with our nations doctrine of preemptive strikes and invasions? Many will argue that we needed to bring Bin Laden to justice, but does not the bible say "Vengance is mine sayeth the Lord!"? Where is the need for us to go to war? We could have avoided all of that by simply keeping our noses out of others countries business, protecting our borders, and tighter security.

By all means vote your consience, but remember that the disciples of Christ thought he was going to be a new king, a political leader that would kick the Romans out of Jerusalem. That, however, was not part of God's plan. Jesus is our spiritual king, to him and only him do I owe allegiance.

edit: and you are wrong about Paul, it had nothing to do with spiritual warfare and everything to do with the politics of Rome, read some history books.