How can on fear death, but not fear the judgeme...

How can on fear death, but not fear the judgeme...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
Because non-Christians don't believe in a "judgement"....you know that by now....😕

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
05 Oct 05

It really sucks not being able to edit a thread title , doesn't it BF?

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Because non-Christians don't believe in a "judgement"....you know that by now....😕
then there should be no fear for dying

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
05 Oct 05

Christ , I'll bet you're glad they don't make you type your name each time !

C

Earth Prime

Moves
05 Oct 05

I'm bored. Is something interesting going on in this thread?

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

when they blindfaith101, they all have an opinion.

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
It really sucks not being able to edit a thread title , doesn't it BF?
nope

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
05 Oct 05

This is exactly the kind of shallow reflection that I mentioned in my first post in the other dying thread.

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by telerion
This is exactly the kind of shallow reflection that I mentioned in my first post in the other dying thread.
Why? If one does not fear or believe in GOD. Why should there be any fear? If you die and that is all there is. Why be afraid. Unless deep down within youself, you are not really convinced that there is no GOD.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
05 Oct 05

Why? If one does not fear or believe in GOD. Why should there be any fear? If you die and that is all there is. Why be afraid. Unless deep down within youself, you are not really convinced that there is no GOD.
There are a great many reasons why people fear death.

The typical (if not inherant) fear of the unknown affects our perception of death, and thusly our fear of it. Religious beliefs or spirituality may affect our beliefs. People may ask themselves about after life. Is there punishment? Is there heaven?

There is also the fear of what a person is leaving behind. How will that persons roles be replaced (if at all)? How will this affect the persons family, friends, etc. There are considerations of financial burdens, the stress placed upon those we leave behind who care about us, and also the fear of ones identity/memory being lost by another replacing them in their roles.

The very process of dying itself forms many of our fears. It is common and natural to question ones own mortal end when observing/learning of anothers fatality. Will there be a lot of pain? Will I be alone? What about my physical appearance?

Another reason to fear death is when the person does not feel like they have accomplished everything they endeavored to do and/or were meant to do (fullfillment of purpose. etc.). Their proverbial checklist of "to do"s is unfinished, subsequently this ties in to fears of failure, etc.

Also, many people do not fear not being alive. Rather, they fear the process. They more fear terminal illnesses have painful side effects. These illnesses also have an effect on the family. The family has to decide if they are going to put the sick in a hospital, a hospice, or have a live-in caregiver. Again, financial burden and stress, but premortum.

Death is the end of all the person has known. It is the culmination of life wherein a person mus involutarily sacrifice all the they have accumulated in the form of self sevice. This has a greater or lesser bearing on a persons fears of death depending on what that person lived for in their life (i.e. their purpose).

So there are a great many reasons why people fear death, fairly independent of personal belief in judgement or such.

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
05 Oct 05

Man you are such a knucklehead. I guess I am afraid of dying like many people, sure, but I am less afraid than before and it has nothing to do with my belief or disbelief in God. It has to do with this life, what I am doing in this life, and how I affect others.

As a Christian preaching to the vast majority of non-Christians, you and a handful of others here (you know who you are) are the only one who believes in the judgement at the end of life. And you seem Hellbent on telling the rest of the non-Christian society to repent and bow down to Christ. Okay, that is how you get your rocks off, I suppose, but do you fear the judgement? The pious nature of every thread you create? The "better than you" attitude you portray because you believe you have achieved your salvation with Christ? If you are unaware of this, perhaps you should reread every thread you have created and most of the rebuttals you have received. But I sincerely doubt you care what anyone else believes outside of your faith. You have proven that time and time again.

If you want to talk about "deep down" maybe it is you that really question your faith to the point that you have to scream from every mountaintop and shout from every thread? Maybe it is you who are so insecure with what you believe that you think if you CAPITALIZE the word GOD enough that others might buy in?

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by Joe Fist
Man you are such a knucklehead. I guess I am afraid of dying like many people, sure, but I am less afraid than before and it has nothing to do with my belief or disbelief in God. It has to do with this life, what I am doing in this life, and how I affect others.

As a Christian preaching to the vast majority of non-Christians, you and a handful of other ...[text shortened]... what you believe that you think if you CAPITALIZE the word GOD enough that others might buy in?
Lol! I must say, I appreciate your position. For what it's worth, I'd like to share with you some of my views on death, if only to illustrate that a believer need not fall into cliches.

I fear death. I do not fear dying, nor do I fear being dead, nor do I fear the unkown associated with it. I accept it as the natural course of things. I fear death none the less. I fear death as I fear for my purpose(s) in life being unfulfilled and for the well being of my loved ones in my absence.

I do not fear judgement. This is not because I believe myself to be saved, but rather that I accept what is and I make no apologies for living my life as I have believed. I neither relish the proposition of heaven nor fear the proposition of hell. If my beliefs are true, I will go where I must go. That is all. I refuse to live my life as a predication of fear of judgement. If there is judgement (as I believe) then it is a choice, and I refuse to fear my choice. I serve God because it is my purpose to do such, not because I fear his judgement or desire a reward.

Best Regards,
Omnislash

b

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by Omnislash
There are a great many reasons why people fear death.

The typical (if not inherant) fear of the unknown affects our perception of death, and thusly our fear of it. Religious beliefs or spirituality may affect our beliefs. People may ask themselves about after life. Is there punishment? Is there heaven?

There is also the fear of what a person is leav ...[text shortened]... many reasons why people fear death, fairly independent of personal belief in judgement or such.
When you die you have no control of what happens back here. You can not change a thing. If you left money or wealth, you can not know whether it will be used wisely or foolish.Or unless you can control what happens in death. None of us can control death, when it will come.How it would happen. All we can do is be prepared for what happens after in that life afte death.
Those unbelivers who believe that death is the end of life. You are wrong dead wrong. Death is just the next step. There are no longer questions, complaints, dos and donts. All that you have done in this life is complete. Those of you who profess that ther is no GOD. You will be the first to find out whether the teachings, that were given by JESUS CHRIST, were complete truth. Those of you that at one time knew GOD,knew JESUS CHRIST, will also find out how wrong you are. For not having not, trusting GOD, to prove HIS WORD, in your life.
In most cases those sacrifices, you think you may have made. The mere fact that you brought nothing here. You take nothing out with you.
Those of you say that us Believers are wrong. There will be nothing that you can do to chnge wwhat you have done. Those of you that believe that lie of "Purgatory" will be going from one death to another.
Those of you that say, " what if, you believers are wrong?", you will never know for you will be dead.

x

NY

Moves
05 Oct 05

Wrongo dongo... people fear what they do not know. Even one who has faith in reincarnation doesnt know if there deeds they have done might cause them to come back as a paraplegic one armed monkey with a tiny weener.... right...