History of the Watch Tower Society (One more time)

History of the Watch Tower Society (One more time)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 May 11

THE "Manny" says @ 19:00 -7GMT time Armageddon is going to begin Prepare yourselves sell all of your worldly belongings or just give them to the poor oh and send me a pay check to THE Manny World headquarters
1111 BS Blvd.
99900 BS City
Cali 🙂

PS: I'm doing this to make a point!! Do you see how silly it is to even try and set a
date?

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 May 11

Originally posted by menace71
THE "Manny" says @ 19:00 -7GMT time Armageddon is going to begin Prepare yourselves sell all of your worldly belongings or just give them to the poor oh and send me a pay check to THE Manny World headquarters
1111 BS Blvd.
99900 BS City
...[text shortened]... his to make a point!! Do you see how silly it is to even try and set a
date?

Manny
I think it's silly to keep picking at the past, accept the explinations as being honest as they are and move on to the Now and the Future as we are all living in the time of the end as far as this system goes and see where you stand in God's eyes. But that's just my thought.
Do you know more about a subject, say with the auto repair industry that your in more today then you did say 20 years ago? I'm sure you do. But are you perfect and haven't made any mistakes in thinking of where that industry would have turned out today as opposed to twenety years ago?
Is one man or any group of men perfect on this earth today especially with understanding the future and where and when things will happen?
I think I know your answer.
Sooooooo that is why the Bible says to " Constantly test the scriptures" because none of us get it right, right off the bat.
So that's something that I hope you do too when it comes to your belief on how you think the future will turn out and how what you believe will affect that for you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
I think it's silly to keep picking at the past, accept the explinations as being honest as they are and move on to the Now and the Future as we are all living in the time of the end as far as this system goes and see where you stand in God's eyes. But that's just my thought.
Do you know more about a subject, say with the auto repair industry that your ...[text shortened]... ow you think the future will turn out and how what you believe will affect that for you.
Do you know more about a subject, say with the auto repair industry that your in more today then you did say 20 years ago? I'm sure you do. But are you perfect and haven't made any mistakes in thinking of where that industry would have turned out today as opposed to twenety years ago?

Well, this is a very disturbing thought. First, it implies that none of the doctrines of your organisation, none of its teachings, can be trusted absolutely. They are subject to later revision in the light of new insights. Second, you are comparing your organisation to the auto repair industry, which seems to me a wholly blase way to think about your salvation.

Again, how can you trust anything your organisation teaches if any doctrine can be contested in the future and so easily abandoned as just 'interpretation'?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 May 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
[b] Do you know more about a subject, say with the auto repair industry that your in more today then you did say 20 years ago? I'm sure you do. But are you perfect and haven't made any mistakes in thinking of where that industry would have turned out today as opposed to twenety years ago?

Well, this is a very disturbing thought. First, it implies th ...[text shortened]... ny doctrine can be contested in the future and so easily abandoned as just 'interpretation'?[/b]
What Christian church baptized you? Do you still attend a
church of that Christian denomination?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 May 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
[b] Do you know more about a subject, say with the auto repair industry that your in more today then you did say 20 years ago? I'm sure you do. But are you perfect and haven't made any mistakes in thinking of where that industry would have turned out today as opposed to twenety years ago?

Well, this is a very disturbing thought. First, it implies th ...[text shortened]... ny doctrine can be contested in the future and so easily abandoned as just 'interpretation'?[/b]
Duh, I'm not comparing it to anything just using that as an example. Are you that easliy confused?
And I completely trust this organization because it is growng both in size and with insight. We are always learning and I would think anyone with the right heart and even the slightest knowledge that the Bible says that the knowledge of the Bible would always be exposed to who is actually listening with a progressive learning curve or to be exact it would get brighter and brighter as time goes by.
To me and others involved it is exciting when new information or changes or adjustments are anounced that brings a better understanding on things that we have not fully understood. So expalin to me how that is a bad thing?
And explain to me how all the so called Christian religions that are still stuck in the dark with all their prehistoric pagan beliefs are so much better?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 May 11

Duh, I'm not comparing it to anything just using that as an example. Are you that easliy confused?
And I completely trust this organization because it is growng both in size and with insight. We are always learning and I would think anyone with the right heart and even the slightest knowledge that the Bible says that the knowledge of the Bible would al ...[text shortened]... s that are still stuck in the dark with all their prehistoric pagan beliefs are so much better?
A lot of people, who had pagan beliefs did join in with the
Christians. It was difficult for them to break away completely
from what they were taught as children. Pagan concepts
came to influence the way Christians practiced there religion.
The main examples are Christmas and Easter. However, these
were side issues that did not affect the central teachings of the
Christians. Christians found ways to accommodate the beloved
practices of these pagan converts without affecting their main
teachings. I believe, in due time, all these side issues will be
dealt with resulting in a pure Christian Church that Jesus wants.
The pagans were seeking to understand God by defining many
gods with different characteristics; and, as Paul pointed out,
they even erected a statue to the "unknown god". They also had
the idea of a trinity of gods. But their trinity consisted of three
gods, which were the three most important of their gods. They
could not believe it was possible that one god could do everything
done by their many gods. The Trinity Doctrine of the Christians
identifies what is said about God in the Holy Bible, however, it does
not explain how it is possible. The fact that no one can explain how
it is possible is the "mystery" of the Trinity. I agree with you that,
as we learn things that brings a better understanding, we should
update our thinking so we do not reject truth just because it conflicts
with traditional beliefs. But we should search the scriptures to make
sure we are not letting in a lie of Satan. And like Manny, I perfer
to study with a group of Christians that have the best record of
presenting the truth, knowing all can't be right 100% of the time.
And in our opinions the JWs fall far short of our high standards.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
03 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so you beg to differ, so you have an opinion, so what?
one might say the same of everything you post Robbie, yet most here at least try and respond with an intelligent offering. Although I should have expected such a response...especially when my opinion has the added weight of being correct, and negating your point.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 May 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
A lot of people, who had pagan beliefs did join in with the
were side issues that did not affect the central tea ...[text shortened]... right 100% of the time.
And in our opinions the JWs fall far short of our high standards.
"A lot of people, who had pagan beliefs did join in with the
were side issues that did not affect the central teachings of the
Christians. Christians found ways to accommodate the beloved
practices of these pagan converts without affecting their main
teachings. I believe, in due time, all these side issues will be
dealt with resulting in a pure Christian Church that Jesus wants."

Jesus is not going to deal with these POINTS at some later date. That's why he warned us of the before they even happened and to avoid them completely. Hence the warning.........
I've quoted this scripture probably 4 or 5 times now and I can tell your still not connecting it to the trinity or even easter or christmas as you've mentioned here yourself.
Acts 20:28-30 (New Living Translation)

28 “So guard yourselves and God’s people. Feed and shepherd God’s flock—his church, purchased with his own blood[a]—over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as elders.[b] 29 I know that false teachers, like vicious wolves, will come in among you after I leave, not sparing the flock. 30 Even some men from your own group will rise up and (((((((((distort the truth))))))))) in order to draw a following.

How can you not get this warning by Jesus who you say you follow? But yet in your statement your saying it's ok to let these pagan originated beliefs into your church and your heart, and then to say: "well it's maybe not right but it's just ok and well let it in and just leave it up to Jesus to sort it out later".
My gosh that's just where Satan wants you is to be pasive and not stand up for the truth of the Bible. God says he hates a Luke Warm heart...............

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 May 11

Do you know more about a subject, say with the auto repair industry that your ...[text shortened]... ow you think the future will turn out and how what you believe will affect that for you.
It's a bad analogy comparing selling auto parts and having a right understanding of scripture. However I pride myself on being a professional in my field. I make very few mistakes for several reasons. I would put my % of selling wrong parts up against the Watch Towers % of false prophecies any day. In my field you get pissed off customers if you sell the wrong part and potentially lose money. In WT/JW field peoples lives get wrecked with false teachings which God never command in the first place. So anyway you admit to the history of false prophecy that is a step in the right direction.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 May 11

It's a bad analogy comparing selling auto parts and having a right understanding of scripture. However I pride myself on being a professional in my field. I make very few mistakes for several reasons. I would put my % of selling wrong parts up against the Watch Towers % of false prophecies any day. In my field you get pissed off customers if you sell the w ...[text shortened]... y you admit to the history of false prophecy that is a step in the right direction.

Manny
Ok Manny view it as you will. I can tell I'll never get anywhere with this.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 May 11

Ok so you admit to the Watch Towers horrible history when it comes to prophecy?

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 May 11

Ok so you admit to the Watch Towers horrible history when it comes to prophecy?

Manny
Horrible?? Now your really streaching it aren't you? I'm done as this is getting really sad.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 May 11

Yes horrible 100+ years of false prophecy

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 May 11

"A lot of people, who had pagan beliefs did join in with the
were side issues that did not affect the cent ...[text shortened]... and up for the truth of the Bible. God says he hates a Luke Warm heart...............
Those two verses are talking about something entirely different
from the trinity. Jesus saying that the members of the church
need to be fed with the truth so that they will know a lie when
they hear it. Certain individuals who want a following of the
church members will come in among them and distort the true
teachings of Jesus in an attempt to draw a following unto
themselves. This has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas,
Easter, or the Trinity doctrine. It actually refers to a single
individual who is able to start a following because some of the
church members have not been taught the true teachings of
God often enough,so they get hungry for teachings and the
false teacher provide them with distorted teachings that are
not true. So look for religious movements that are started by
a single individual in order to see which fulfill this prophecy.
The Mormans and the Jehovah's Witnessess seem to fit this
prophecy to me.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 May 11

1111 BS Blvd.
99900 BS City
...[text shortened]... his to make a point!! Do you see how silly it is to even try and set a
date?

Manny
BTW I'm now a false prophet LOL

Manny