Hinds, explain this Mars photo:

Hinds, explain this Mars photo:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
The rational is that the layers can't be older than Mars and Mars can't be older than the heavens and the Earth, which is only about 6,000 years old. 😏
A whole lake cannot evaporate in just a few days, there are literally thousands of layers, WAY too many to have happened in a few thousand years or even a few hundred thousand years. Sorry, your ignorance is showing again, as usual.

So you figure your god made Mars like that just to fool humans? Maybe this so-called god did that to all the ancient moons of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, the moons of Pluto, all made to look old just to fool humans who didn't even KNOW about moons around Jupiter till the 1600's.
So this so-called god of yours wasn't aiming his fooloery for ancient man but specifically for modern 20th and 21st century humans.

Can't you see your story gets thinner with each passing day?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
A whole lake cannot evaporate in just a few days, there are literally thousands of layers, WAY too many to have happened in a few thousand years or even a few hundred thousand years. Sorry, your ignorance is showing again, as usual.

So you figure your god made Mars like that just to fool humans? Maybe this so-called god did that to all the ancient moons ...[text shortened]... n 20th and 21st century humans.

Can't you see your story gets thinner with each passing day?
It is you that is making a fool out of yourself. Stop blaming it all on God.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Dec 14

It is you that is making a fool out of yourself. Stop blaming it all on God.
Now you talk nonsense. I am not 'blaming' god, I am saying a deity had nothing to do with anything in our lives or our solar system. It is human science that is uncovering what is real in the universe and what is your fantasy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Dec 14

Now you talk nonsense. I am not 'blaming' god, I am saying a deity had nothing to do with anything in our lives or our solar system. It is human science that is uncovering what is real in the universe and what is your fantasy.
Some of what you call "human science" (i.e. evolution) is nothing but foolish speculation.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Dec 14

Some of what you call "human science" (i.e. evolution) is nothing but foolish speculation.
When did I bring up evolution in this OP? I am talking about one thing and one thing only, the age of the universe, Mars, Earth and the like. You can't skip out on that issue by just bringing in willy nilly unrelated topics.

There was no flood on Mars, EVER, only isolated lakes and maybe a shallow small scale ocean at one time in the deep past. It is not speculation that there are layers upon layers of various kinds of material in that crater and the only way that can happen is long term inputs of water and evaporation in cycles lasting millions of years. You can see the evidence with your own eyes so try using your OWN brain for a change instead of relying on BS politically motivated video's.

Oh, there AREN"T any of those BS video's about the layers on Mars, eh.

Bummer. Now you have to use your OWN brain. If that is possible and you don't just start spouting BS verses from the bible. Go ahead, maybe you can find one that references those layers of soil or sand or whatever it is in that Martian crater.

I know, here is an out: Just claim the whole thing is faked in a Pixar studio computer project to justify the billions spent on Curiosity.
There you go, you have an entirely new avenue of attack there.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Dec 14

When did I bring up evolution in this OP? I am talking about one thing and one thing only, the age of the universe, Mars, Earth and the like. You can't skip out on that issue by just bringing in willy nilly unrelated topics.

There was no flood on Mars, EVER, only isolated lakes and maybe a shallow small scale ocean at one time in the deep past. It is n ...[text shortened]... the billions spent on Curiosity.
There you go, you have an entirely new avenue of attack there.
If you just want to talk about the geology of Mars, then we don't have enough information to prove its age. All that can be done is to make speculations. Mars could have been made out of water just as the earth was. There could also have been a flood there. Who knows?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Dec 14

If you just want to talk about the geology of Mars, then we don't have enough information to prove its age. All that can be done is to make speculations. Mars could have been made out of water just as the earth was. There could also have been a flood there. Who knows?
Of course, you want to keep your head firmly up your ass and under the cover of sand. Those images clearly show long time frames but your cognitive dissonance (you might want to google that term) doesn't allow you to actually use your own brain, only relying on the failed judgement of other men who just have a political ax to grind but you can't even see that, indeed you relish it. You relish the idea of the Iranization of the US and christianity. You don't WANT separation of church and state, you want the church to BE the state, just like in the year 1000.

That is not going to happen, fortunately. Too bad for your fantasy though.

P

Moves
19 Dec 14

The Christian flood myth was purportedly to kill all the 'evil' humans around at the time. But there were no people on Mars then so no reason for a flood there.

Unless your god was being petulant as a child.

--- Penguin

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Dec 14

Originally posted by Penguin
The Christian flood myth was purportedly to kill all the 'evil' humans around at the time. But there were no people on Mars then so no reason for a flood there.

Unless your god was being petulant as a child.

--- Penguin
Who knows, but God?

--- RJHinds 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Dec 14

Who knows, but God?

--- RJHinds 😏
Well, WE know there was no flood on Mars and no WW flood on Earth either.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Dec 14

Well, WE know there was no flood on Mars and no WW flood on Earth either.
No we don't.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Dec 14

No we don't.
If there was a flood on Mars, how do you explain the layers clearly seen in that photo? If there was a flood, there would be maybe only one layer like that, certainly not layer after layer just like we see on the ocean floor, layer after layer of microscopic life forms built up over millions of years.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Dec 14

If there was a flood on Mars, how do you explain the layers clearly seen in that photo? If there was a flood, there would be maybe only one layer like that, certainly not layer after layer just like we see on the ocean floor, layer after layer of microscopic life forms built up over millions of years.
That's what you think.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Dec 14

That's what you think.
That's what I and a million people smarter than me think, people who can actually analyse evidence without a religious bias, unlike those cronies you put up on your posts in your desperate attempt to prove creationism.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Dec 14

That's what I and a million people smarter than me think, people who can actually analyse evidence without a religious bias, unlike those cronies you put up on your posts in your desperate attempt to prove creationism.
My cronies are better than your cronies. 😏