1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 08:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The funniest reply I ever read on this site was something like, "Stop the ad hominem attacks, you idiot!"
    I take it unlike Pianoman you are not "appalled at my ignorance displayed on this site"? What about "surprised" by it?

We press on.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 11:01
    Originally posted by caissad4
    You should like it. It is from a religious movie called Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    yeah, i didn't like that one, it was too evangelical and preachy. it was obviously a monument to christianity. but you are right, rjhinds would like it.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 14:371 edit
    er
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 15:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I did not see that movie, but I found this part about the english pig dog on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLamh4uujns

The Instructor
    That scene was from that movie.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 15:04
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yeah, i didn't like that one, it was too evangelical and preachy. it was obviously a monument to christianity. but you are right, rjhinds would like it.
    I thought Monty Python and the Holy Grail was immensely funny throughout.
  6. SubscriberPianoman1online
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 21:002 edits
    I thought Monty Python and the Holy Grail was immensely funny throughout.
    One of the funniest films ever made. Life of Brian was perhaps even more funny and it was hilarious to witness the huffing and puffing from the old guard Christian establishment who were up in arms....
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 21:144 edits
    ecw
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 21:41
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    One of the funniest films ever made. Life of Brian was perhaps even more funny and it was hilarious to witness the huffing and puffing from the old guard Christian establishment who were up in arms....
    Life of Brian Yeah, I thought bits of it were worth a chuckle, but for the most part, I found it a bit much. I mean blasphemy can only be so funny. It gets to a point where you become embarrassed for them. Overt, purposeful blasphemy is not really all that funny. Making fun of Noah and the arc story is one thing, like in Evan Almighty, but making fun of the Son of God is another thing entirely.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '13 02:21
    That scene was from that movie.
    Well, this part does not look very religious to me.

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 19:46
    Life of Brian Yeah, I thought bits of it were worth a chuckle, but for the most part, I found it a bit much. I mean blasphemy can only be so funny. It gets to a point where you become embarrassed for them. Overt, purposeful blasphemy is not really all that funny. Making fun of Noah and the arc story is one thing, like in Evan Almighty, but making fun of the Son of God is another thing entirely.
    I would have thought that the Hollywood movies with God in them
    more blasphemous than Life of Brian!

Life of Brian has one small scene involving Jesus and that is not blasphemous!!! (Sermon on the Mount)

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree