Here we go: creationism takes over in Tennessee:

Here we go: creationism takes over in Tennessee:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Apr 12

http://phys.org/news/2012-04-tennessee-door-creationism-schools.html

That of course opens the door to other backwards looking states to do the same.

Creationism taught in a science class. They should be ashamed. Note the words the Governor said, using the words we won't allow religious or non-religious based studies to take over, something like that. A dark day in the US.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by sonhouse

Creationism taught in a science class. They should be ashamed. Note the words the Governor said, using the words we won't allow religious or non-religious based studies to take over, something like that. A dark day in the US.
oh dear, that's bitter, tell the forum are they looking at the same scientific data or
constructing their own data? If its the same, then you cannot cry for creationists have
been subject to irrational materialistic philosophy for years.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
oh dear, that's bitter, tell the forum are they looking at the same scientific data or
constructing their own data? If its the same, then you cannot cry for creationists have
What would you know Mr 'closed minded and ignorant', you don't even have the balls to look at the other side.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What would you know Mr 'closed minded and ignorant', you don't even have the balls to look at the other side.
Haha, if only they had taught creationism when i was at school, I would have loved it! So would you!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Apr 12

SUBJECT? REALLY? You maybe forget a few years before that people got burned at the stake for disagreeing with christian dogma?

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

SUBJECT? REALLY? You maybe forget a few years before that people got burned at the stake for disagreeing with christian dogma?
No they got burned for disagreeing with religious dogma, you are confusing the two.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Apr 12

Haha, if only they had taught creationism when i was at school, I would have loved it! So would you!
I grew out of fairytales a long time ago.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I grew out of fairytales a long time ago.
It's not even a good fairy tale. They usually have nice endings.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Apr 12

No they got burned for disagreeing with religious dogma, you are confusing the two.
Pardon me, I meant Paulism dogma.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

The reference you link has the following statement:

The measure allows teachers to "help students understand, analyze, critique
and review in an objective manner the scientific strengths and scientific
weaknesses of existing scientific theories covered in the course being taught."

This seems like a great day for helping sudents really learn science objectively,
rather than have one point of view pushed on them. Maybe they will now be
taught the truth about the point of the scientific method. A great day in teaching
scientific understanding to students in America! HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The reference you link has the following statement:

The measure allows teachers to "help students understand, analyze, critique
and review in an objective manner the scientific strengths and scientific
weaknesses of existing scientific theories covered in the course being taught."

This seems like a great day for helping sudents really learn science ...[text shortened]... eaching
scientific understanding to students in America! HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
Some truth, believe a faith based fairy tale or 150 years of generations of scientists working with actual fossils. Like I said, it's a sad day for the USA. What's next? Roe V Wade revoked. Let's all hop on board for the 19th century express. Things were SO much better 2 centuries ago.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Pardon me, I meant Paulism dogma.
you have failed to answer the question, do they or do they not use the same scientific
data?

Cape Town

Moves
11 Apr 12

If only they had taught science when you were in school.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Apr 12

Maybe we need to start debating these people. The article says 4 in 10 Americans believe in a 10K year old earth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Maybe we need to start debating these people. The article says 4 in 10 Americans believe in a 10K year old earth.
That is because there is a lot of evidence to support it.