Helps on Reading the Bible

Helps on Reading the Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
That's the only thing you noticed to make issue of ?
Out of all the good things written in those paragraphs, that is what you honed in on to be stumbled at ?

It seems that you came to the paragraphs with a pre-planned attitude to hunt for something to raise as an objection. Here is a writing trying to help seekers of God to obtain some healthy habit ...[text shortened]... possible objection.

This is why it is difficult to give some posters a benefit of a doubt.
You copy and paste something from Witness Lee that purports to being a fixed principle. Could your reluctance to explain on what grounds (and according to what evidence) this principle is 'fixed' indicate that it is fixed only in the mind of Witless Lee himself (based on some unspecified experiences and testimonies of others).

To tell other Christians that they need to 'pray read' at least 30 minutes every day and that this is a fixed principle Is disingenuous, prescriptive, needlessly arbitrary and totally without scriptural basis.

I think personally that's rather an important issue to take notice of.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
You copy and paste something from Witness Lee that purports to being a fixed principle. Could your reluctance to explain on what grounds (and according to what evidence) this principle is 'fixed' indicate that it is fixed only in the mind of Witless Lee himself (based on some unspecified experiences and testimonies of others).

To tell other Christ ...[text shortened]... hout scriptural basis.

Its an example of religious cult behaviour. Devotees idolize a man and then they mindlessly regurgitate statements made by this idol. Sonship is in a cult. Cult members so affected cannot see what they are doing wrong and will protest and claim that he is following Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 17
2 edits

The book is called "Lord Thou Saidest" by Ray Graver with the help of a team of researchers who explored quotations of Christians down through the ages.

All the testimonials from over centuries concern the keys and secrets that Christians share on how they used the Bible to enrich their spiritual life.

This is not a plug for anyone's financial profit. This is an encouragement as to where one one can go to see a compilation of testimonials on the benefit of praying and reading through the Holy Bible.

The book on Amazon "Lord Thou Saidest" with reviews: (Given FIVE stars)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13155059-lord-thou-saidst

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

To tell other Christ ...[text shortened]... hout scriptural basis.

As I said yesterday: sonship's adopted Strange Beliefs

Moves
02 Jun 17

Originally posted by divegeester
As I said yesterday: sonship's adopted Strange Beliefs
Says the guy who simply doesn't know when asked something about his own beliefs.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Says the guy who simply doesn't know when asked something about his own beliefs.
How is admitting one doesn't know something, a typification of someone holding fast to strange beliefs? ๐Ÿ˜•

Moves
02 Jun 17

How is admitting one doesn't know something, a typification of someone holding fast to strange beliefs? ๐Ÿ˜•
Well it's kind of meaningless to classify someone else's beliefs as strange when you have nothing to compare them to.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Well it's kind of meaningless to classify someone else's beliefs as strange when you have nothing to compare them to.
But that isn't what you said, and now you're reaching for a new angle ๐Ÿ˜‰

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 17
2 edits

How is admitting one doesn't know something, a typification of someone holding fast to strange beliefs?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fear that if I ask you which belief/s I have spoken about is Strange, according to your publication, we will end up repeating some discussion held already four to six times - ending in merely agreeing to disagree.

The "Trinity" is strange ? Discussed with you and defended maybe 10 times.

"Eternal Perdition" is strange ? Discussed and reasoned with you, O, maybe half a dozen to a dozen times.