hello to fellow christ followers

hello to fellow christ followers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p
Christ follower

Michigan

Moves
03 Jun 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
If he wants "fellowship", probably the best advice you can give him is to go to church. However, let me say this. If he wants to get ideas that challenge him or encourage him to explore, this is not a bad place. I encourage him to play some chess with some of the atheists on the site and make friends. I'm a Baptist minister and some of my most reward ...[text shortened]... better places to go than playing a game of chess with atheists on this site. God bless.
I do go to church and lead a small group Bible study. I am on this web site to play chess and to be a witness, so I would love to play any athesit and talk with him if he/she would like too.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
03 Jun 06

Originally posted by pray
I do go to church and lead a small group Bible study. I am on this web site to play chess and to be a witness, so I would love to play any athesit and talk with him if he/she would like too.
So, how will you go about witnessing on this site? Will you just declare your love and devotion for Jesus? Will you declare that this or that has happened in your life because of Jesus? Do you think that declarations of this sort are potent enough, in this medium, to convince others? The most effective witnessing I've seen is "in the field", where there are real opportunities to show your compassion and generosity; where you can show the redemptive power of your faith, and how it can build community. Anyway, good luck in your witnessing here on RHP.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
03 Jun 06

Let's say you are playing an atheist on the site. How do you imagine the conversation going?

p
Christ follower

Michigan

Moves
04 Jun 06

Let's say you are playing an atheist on the site. How do you imagine the conversation going?
Just like any other conversation would go with someone you are witnessing to.

N

The sky

Moves
04 Jun 06

Originally posted by bbarr
The most effective witnessing I've seen is "in the field", where there are real opportunities to show your compassion and generosity; where you can show the redemptive power of your faith, and how it can build community.
Maybe he shows his compassion and generosity by giving away pieces.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 Jun 06

Just like any other conversation would go with someone you are witnessing to.
Let's try something. Let's pretend we are playing a game in this forum. I'll be the atheist and we will carry on a game and conversation and see how it goes. Forget about the notation meaning anything.

1) e4 "Hi, how you doing? Thanks for accepting the challenge. Have a good game."

p
Christ follower

Michigan

Moves
09 Jun 06

I would say, "I would be glad to play chess.". (Dear Brother in the Lord, I think you are missing the whole point. I am not trying to be anybody but just a person who knows the savor. I am a witness for Christ where every I go, for Paul talks about being ready to give an answer for the joy that is in your heart. I am sure that you know this joy that I am talking about. I am not trying to covert anyone on this chess game web site, nor at any time in my life. The conversion of people is the job of the Holy Spirit. I am just His servent ready and willing to talk about Jesus to anyone who would like to here about Him. Hence, I am not sure where you are going with this test for me on how I would talk with an athesit on this web site. I wouldn't talk any differently with that person than I am now talking with you. I am just glad to be able to able to be used by God to further His kingdom where every I am; and that includes during my rest time playing chess here on this web site. I hope this answers your line of thinking.) Obviously the words in () were meant for you, for I would not be writting so much during a game 🙂.

A
Checkmate 2 U!

Checkmating you!

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by Vladamir no1
Why do Christians have this incessant need to advertise their beliefs?
Buddhists don't seem to do this but then I guess Buddhism is a more realistic philosophy than Christianity. People who believe in Christianity know deep down that its false so to bolster their belief they need to constantly find other followers of the greatest lie of humainity...
...[text shortened]... outside of the Christian doctrine. What are they afraid of !!!?

Have I been understood?
We know that it isn't false. You can know, too, if you'd let us tell you. I have a strange feeling that you're an Atheist.

The most likely reason we don't read anything outside of Christianity is because we don't have to. Since we have already found what we know to be the true God, we don't have to look any furthur.

We, as you called it, advertise our beliefs because we want other people to know what we know: the true God. We don't think ourselves as "holier than thou", but we think of ourseves as maybe, "more blessed than thou", because we have found the true God. I'll tell you what we would like to call ourselves: "equally blessed than thou." Christianity is hard to understand, yes, but so is just about every other religion. I got another strange feeling while anylizing your post; could you possibly be a Buddhist? If you are a Buddhist or an Athiest, or, come to think of it, anything else, you believe in it, right? Well, if you do, then you would want other people to believe what you believe to, right? That's why we Christians "advertise" our beliefs. So other people an know the true God.

If we were to read some Buddhist doctrine or 'The AntiChrist', then it wouldn't change our beliefs at all. We know our faith is true, even though there are many other religions to choose from.

Have I been understood?

A
Checkmate 2 U!

Checkmating you!

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Matthew Chapter 6

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
We are not praying. We are evangelizing. Of course, pray made this thread for we Christians to fellowship, not be criticized.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
02 Jan 07

If he wants "fellowship", probably the best advice you can give him is to go to church. However, let me say this. If he wants to get ideas that challenge him or encourage him to explore, this is not a bad place. I encourage him to play some chess with some of the atheists on the site and make friends. I'm a Baptist minister and some of my most reward ...[text shortened]... better places to go than playing a game of chess with atheists on this site. God bless.
Kirk: "If he wants to get ideas that challenge him or encourage him to explore, this is not a bad place."

Oh Kirk ...... 😀

W

Moves
02 Jan 07

I would say, "I would be glad to play chess.". (Dear Brother in the Lord, I think you are missing the whole point. I am not trying to be anybody but just a person who knows the savor. I am a witness for Christ where every I go, for Paul talks about being ready to give an answer for the joy that is in your heart. I am sure that you know this joy that I am ta ...[text shortened]... sly the words in () were meant for you, for I would not be writting so much during a game 🙂.
That was a great answer!

I would rec that one if I could.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
04 Jan 07

Believe me - this is the worst place to come to come if you'd want to explore spirituality, especially from people of your kind - that was a joke - HA HA - nothing wrong with some humor...

Anyway, I do agree that this thread need to have catogories under which people can choose the different religions. It will take the fun out of alot of things, but I think people can then stop fighting about stuff and read and post remarks about stuff you care about more.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
04 Jan 07
1 edit

i dont think alot will be said. honestly!

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Jan 07

Originally posted by Vladamir no1
Why do Christians have this incessant need to advertise their beliefs?
Buddhists don't seem to do this but then I guess Buddhism is a more realistic philosophy than Christianity. People who believe in Christianity know deep down that its false so to bolster their belief they need to constantly find other followers of the greatest lie of humainity...
...[text shortened]... outside of the Christian doctrine. What are they afraid of !!!?

Have I been understood?
This belief that you have expressed here in this post....are you not advertising it???