Hear the Gospel

Hear the Gospel

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
02 Nov 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
[b]We are all Sinners

Ecclesiastes 7:20 - "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Romans 3:10 - "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
James 2:10 - "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, ...[text shortened]... d death."[/b]
Preach it brother Epi!!

You know it is a little telling that all you did is quote or point to scripture but your detractors seem to attack you using only their own words. 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Preach it brother Epi!!

You know it is a little telling that all you did is quote or point to scripture but your detractors seem to attack you using only their own words. 😉
Whodey, you seem to be another greedy gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme Christian. Youall know what Christ taught and its all DOING, GIVING, HELPING, CARING, LOVING - WORKS.

So you can talk all day and put those stupid smiley faces in your post. All you people do is preach selfishness and greed. You want a quote, here it is, and nothing Paul says can top this:

Matt 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

w

Moves
02 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Whodey, you seem to be another greedy gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme Christian. Youall know what Christ taught and its all DOING, GIVING, HELPING, CARING, LOVING - WORKS.

So you can talk all day and put those stupid smiley faces in your post. All you people do is preach selfishness and greed. You want a quote, here it is, and nothing Paul says can top thi ...[text shortened]... .
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
So you think the thief on the cross that died next to Jesus who was saved will be able to say all these things? Perhaps he was a "good" guy before being nailed to the cross?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Nov 08

So you think the thief on the cross that died next to Jesus who was saved will be able to say all these things? Perhaps he was a "good" guy before being nailed to the cross?
There are many examples given by Christ about what you need to do to get salvation. The thief on the cross is just one example and the fact that you chose that one as your personal doctrine confirms what I said. You are just another greedy selfish, me me me, I I I, Christian. The thief on the cross example applies to those who repent on their death bed or are disabled or have limiting circumstances. ARE YOU ONE ? Are the millions of Christians all over the world on their death bed?

The story of the rich man and Lazarus is more appropriate to the average Christian. Living their lives with plenty of worldly possessions and refusing to give and help and love and care about anyone but themselves.... thats the road to certain damnation. And they do that because they are taught by people like you and Epiphinehas that works profit nothing and salvation is assured, all you have to do is believe in Christ and sit on your lazy butt until he returns.

SO youre a thief on the cross. Good Luck with that excuse on judgement day. Oh.. I forgot. You guys escape judgment and go straight to heaven. What FOOLS !!

Illinois

Moves
03 Nov 08
1 edit

There are many examples given by Christ about what you need to do to get salvation. The thief on the cross is just one example and the fact that you chose that one as your personal doctrine confirms what I said. You are just another greedy selfish, me me me, I I I, Christian. The thief on the cross example applies to those who repent on their death bed or ar ...[text shortened]... judgement day. Oh.. I forgot. You guys escape judgment and go straight to heaven. What FOOLS !!
You guys escape judgment and go straight to heaven.

Yes, we do escape judgment:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life" (John 5:24).

THESE ARE CHRIST'S WORDS!!!!

And they do that because they are taught by people like you and Epiphinehas that works profit nothing and salvation is assured, all you have to do is believe in Christ and sit on your lazy butt until he returns.

Works do profit nothing. Nobody is capable of earning their way into heaven. Earning is fundamentally opposed to grace. And it is only by grace that anyone will be allowed through those pearly gates, my friend. Do you honestly believe that the sheep in that parable could boast that they earned their way into heaven by feeding the hungry or visiting the imprisoned? No one can boast that they earned their way into heaven. No one.

Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." THIS IS THE WORD OF GOD!!! And if you deny that Ephesians is the word of God, I'm afraid you won't find any more credibility here....

What grace is not opposed to is effort, and nobody here, neither myself or whodey, are likewise opposed to effort. There is no problem with being taught that we are saved by grace through faith. The problem with Christians nowadays is the lack of discipleship. Big difference.

What FOOLS !!

So I am a fool for having full assurance of faith in Christ Jesus? Am I wrong to trust that Jesus died for my sins and thereby turned the wrath of God away from me?

You should ask yourself why you're trying to destroy my faith in Christ.

Furthermore, if you wish to please Jesus, you might want to forgo calling others "fools" - especially His children:

"Whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matthew 5:22).

"Whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea" (Matthew 18:6).

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Nov 08
1 edit

[b]You guys escape judgment and go straight to heaven.

Yes, we do escape judgment:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life" (John 5:24).

THESE ARE CHRIST'S WORDS!!!!

And they do that because they are t d about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea" (Matthew 18:6).[/b]
You quote a few verses and ignore the ones that conflict with your beliefs.
Faith without works is dead.
Therefore works is important to salvation. Christ said that. End of story.
Im not your brother either earthly or spiritually. you preach the doctrine of Martin Luther not Christ.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 Nov 08
1 edit

Im not your brother either earthly or spiritually.
Does this mean you are not called to forgive him?

Does this mean that you are not his keeper?

Can you excuse yourself from obligations to your fellow man merely by citing the fact that he preaches a different doctrine?

Illinois

Moves
03 Nov 08

You quote a few verses and ignore the ones that conflict with your beliefs.
Im not your brother either earthly or spiritually. you preach the doctrine of Martin Luther not Christ.

You can't have faith without works. If someone has faith and no works, then they don't have any faith at all. I utterly reject your contention that faith can exist without works.

We are saved by grace through faith, not works, lest any should boast.

Yes, I do preach justification by faith, which Martin Luther championed. FYI, the doctrine of justification by faith is not in opposition to Christ's call to good works. Not at all. You just imagine it is. Christ Himself preached that He would die and be raised again for the justification of sinners and that all that believed would be saved. First of all, it is necessary, in order to be justified by Christ's work on the cross, to believe that Christ died for your sins and rose on the third day. Secondly, what you need to understand is that this faith cannot be acquired by any work, law or merit, and therefore it is faith alone which saves.

Again, faith without works is not faith at all, so don't go on saying that I'm preaching faith without works.

Thanks.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Nov 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Does this mean you are not called to forgive him?

Does this mean that you are not his keeper?

Can you excuse yourself from obligations to your fellow man merely by citing the fact that he preaches a different doctrine?
Does he want or need forgivenes?
Does he want or need me to 'keep' him ?
If I see Epi lying in a drain beaten up, yes , I will pick him up and carry him to the hospital.
But I still reserve the right to tell anybody that they are a FOOL for believing in things which conflict with what Christ taught. So get over it.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 Nov 08
2 edits

Again, faith without works is not faith at all
Would it be your contention that it is logically impossible for a person confined to a hospital bed to have faith in Jesus, in virtue of not having the capacity to perform works?

What about a person imprisoned in solitary confinement? Is it a logical impossibility for such a person to have faith?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
03 Nov 08

Does he want or need forgivenes?
Does he want or need me to 'keep' him ?
If I see Epi lying in a drain beaten up, yes , I will pick him up and carry him to the hospital.
But I still reserve the right to tell anybody that they are a FOOL for believing in things which conflict with what Christ taught. So get over it.
That would be one hell of a ride to the hospital.

w

Moves
03 Nov 08
1 edit

Good Luck with that excuse on judgement day. Oh.. I forgot. You guys escape judgment and go straight to heaven. What FOOLS !![/b]
You are mistaken. I have not escaped judgment because I am being judged by you. If I recall there is a little bit in the scriptures that refer to NOT judging other people. In addition, there is a little scripture that warns against calling people "fools". If I were you, I would take these scriptures to heart.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Nov 08

You are mistaken. I have not escaped judgment because I am being judged by you. If I recall there is a little bit in the scriptures that refer to NOT judging other people. In addition, there is a little scripture that warns against calling people "fools". If I were you, I would take these scriptures to heart.
You must be a bit weak in the testicles Whodey.
You need Epi to reply to my post first before you said anything .. and what you said is basically identical to Epi. Why even bother?
Try standing on your own two feet sometimes.

w

Moves
03 Nov 08

[b]There are many examples given by Christ about what you need to do to get salvation. The thief on the cross is just one example and the fact that you chose that one as your personal doctrine confirms what I said.
So let me ask you, have you sold everything you have and given it to the poor? If not, you may not be saved according to Jesus.

Matthew 19:16 And behold, one came and said to him, "Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?......And Jesus said to him, "Do not murder, you should not commit adultery, you should not steal, you should not bear false witness, you should honor your father and mother, you should love your neighbor as yourself. The young man said to him, All these things I kept from my youth up, what lack I yet? Jesus said to him, If you will be perfect, go and sell that you have, and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven, and come follow me. But when the young man heard it, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

w

Moves
03 Nov 08

You must be a bit weak in the testicles Whodey.
You need Epi to reply to my post first before you said anything .. and what you said is basically identical to Epi. Why even bother?
Try standing on your own two feet sometimes.
You assume that I read Epi's statement, which I did not. Again, you judge me but wrongly.