He who is without sin.....

He who is without sin.....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
03 May 07

Just out of curiosity, who here thinks that they have never sinned? I know, I know define sin so we can all sit around and argue about the definitions. I will make it simple for you and take some Biblical definitions of sin. Sinning is lying, stealing, murdering, bearing false witness, commiting adultery, coveting another man's wife or his posessions. I ask this because I get the impression that some people on these boards think that avoid sinning one time is possible for whatever reason.

Also, if you have not avoided sin in your life are there any "perfect" people who have gone sinless before dying?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 May 07
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey
Just out of curiosity, who here thinks that they have never sinned? I know, I know define sin so we can all sit around and argue about the definitions. I will make it simple for you and take some Biblical definitions of sin. Sinning is lying, stealing, murdering, bearing false witness, commiting adultery, coveting another man's wife or his posessions. I a ...[text shortened]... t avoided sin in your life are there any "perfect" people who have gone sinless before dying?
I have coveted several men's wives.

I've spilled my seed a time or two as well.

Never murdered anybody, though.

w

Moves
03 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I have coveted several men's wives.
Oops! That means you are out of the running. That is unless you think any other men have gone sinless other than yourself. Have there been any in your opinion?

Edit: No more detail about the whole "coveting" incident is needed. I just ate dinner. Thanks🙂

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 May 07

Have there been any in your opinion?
What is the domain of people under consideration?

For example, does it include retards and simpletons?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
03 May 07

Just out of curiosity, who here thinks that they have never sinned? I know, I know define sin so we can all sit around and argue about the definitions. I will make it simple for you and take some Biblical definitions of sin. Sinning is lying, stealing, murdering, bearing false witness, commiting adultery, coveting another man's wife or his posessions. I a ...[text shortened]... t avoided sin in your life are there any "perfect" people who have gone sinless before dying?
I do not recognize the concept of 'sin.'

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
I do not recognize the concept of 'sin.'
He's just using that word to denote some particular acts, each of which I would assume you recognize: Sinning is lying, stealing, murdering, bearing false witness, commiting adultery, coveting another man's wife or his posessions.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
03 May 07

Of course I've sinned.
I challenge anyone to point out someone who hasn't.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by amannion
Of course I've sinned.
I challenge anyone to point out someone who hasn't.
O.K.

http://www.kttc.com/News/index.php?ID=14815

If you count original sin, all bets are off.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by bbarr
O.K.

http://www.kttc.com/News/index.php?ID=14815

If you count original sin, all bets are off.
Good point.
I'm talking about adults ...

a

Moves
03 May 07

can you consider a sin from a child , 0 to may be 10 years.

I mean if a baby died at the edge of 5 monthes , does he falls under the category of a human dying without a sin?

JJ

Moves
03 May 07

We are all tainted with sin...the only one without sin is Jesus Christ.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
03 May 07

I have a question. The other morning I turned on the TV and saw Jimmy Swagget crying over sin he had committed over 20 years ago. Yet, he talks about being forgiven for that sin. I don't see DoctorScribbles whining and carrying on about his sins. It makes me wonder who is forgiven. If he is forgiven, why doesn't he just be forgiven like DoctorScribbles?

w

Moves
03 May 07
1 edit

He's just using that word to denote some particular acts, each of which I would assume you recognize: Sinning [b]is lying, stealing, murdering, bearing false witness, commiting adultery, coveting another man's wife or his posessions.[/b]
Perhaps he does not recognize lying, stealing, murdering, bearing false witness, adultry and coveting as actually existing. After all, who says these things actually happen? Perhaps they are all imaginary. 😛

w

Moves
03 May 07

What is the domain of people under consideration?

For example, does it include retards and simpletons?
Anything goes man, the sky is the limit!!!

w

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
I have a question. The other morning I turned on the TV and saw Jimmy Swagget crying over sin he had committed over 20 years ago. Yet, he talks about being forgiven for that sin. I don't see DoctorScribbles whining and carrying on about his sins. It makes me wonder who is forgiven. If he is forgiven, why doesn't he just be forgiven like DoctorScribbles?
Well, I suppose those who repent turn from their way of sinning. After all the term repent means to have a change of heart. Who falls into the category between Jimmy and Scribes let God be the judge, not little old me.