Happy atheist day

Happy atheist day

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Meaning... what?

What happens if I am "saved" but choose not to accept 'spiritual maturity'? According to the OSAS view, God won't take my salvation away.
I pretty much know (from experiance) that you can fall away after being saved. People will say that I never was saved in the first place, but I doubt that. The Bible says that ALL who asks will be saved, not all who ask and dont fall away later will be saved.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
02 Apr 06

notreligion.com

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
I.e. anyone who is saved is incapable of such behaviour? And people who behave that way must have been insincere (possibly deceiving themselves) about ever having accepted Jesus Christ as their saviour? That seems to contradict the certainty evangelicals (maybe not all of them?) seem to have about being saved. How can they know they didn't deceive themselves ...[text shortened]... d with X were cured, but since we know X is incurable, they have clearly been misdiagnosed."
I actually got so sick of that argument that I added it into my "Self-Proclaimed Title" here.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Since I'm Catholic, I guess I'm worse off than a fool in RBH's eyes. Which makes any fraternal correction from me pretty much pointless...
I didn't expect you to do it. Arby Hill has no love for Catholics. I mean your church is a harlot of Satan, right? 🙂

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
LOL, You say Baby Jesus. Jesus is no Baby.
He is alive he has risen.
You must be Catholic if you say Baby Jesus?
"Except you become as little children...."

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
April Fool. I guess the only true fools are atheist. There is a definition of a fool in the Bible.

Psalm 14:1a The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
Actually, Atheism Day is on the 4th of May.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by bbarr
Can you help me out here. I want to send well wishes to my atheist brothers and sisters on that day, but am not sure of proper etiquette.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Apr 06
1 edit

I don't believe you and the burden of proof is on you to prove that Atheism Day exists.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Can you help me out here. I want to send well wishes to my atheist brothers and sisters on that day, but am not sure of proper etiquette.
Traditionally, we atheists celebrate by eating babies. So, you could provide your atheist friends with a nice wine that would go well with baby.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
I don't believe you and the burden of proof is on you to prove that Atheism Day exists.
(1) For any belief of mine, it is overwhelmingly likely that that belief is true.

(2) I believe that Atheism Day exists.

Hence,....

d

Moves
02 Apr 06

So, you could provide your atheist friends with a nice wine that would go well with baby.
Spumante Bambino or Baby Duck.

Nyuk nyuk.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Apr 06

Traditionally, we atheists celebrate by eating babies. So, you could provide your atheist friends with a nice wine that would go well with baby.
Are certain wines better say with a black baby as opposed to a white baby? Kind of like fish and steak.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Apr 06
1 edit

(1) For any belief of mine, it is overwhelmingly likely that that belief is true.

(2) I believe that Atheism Day exists.

Hence,....
I have no reason to accept your fiat that is "overwhelmingly likely" that beliefs of bbarr are true; this merely replaces "Divine Command Theory" with "Bbarr Command Theory".

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
I have no reason to accept your fiat that is "overwhelmingly likely" that beliefs of bbarr are true; this merely replaces "Divine Command Theory" with "Bbarr Command Theory".
You'll find me a much more reasonable tyrant...

Make the switch today!

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
02 Apr 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Are certain wines better say with a black baby as opposed to a white baby? Kind of like fish and steak.
Of course this will depend to some degree on how the baby is seasoned. But, the general rule is this: wines that go well with pork go well with baby. I recommend a Burgundy or Grenache.