Hall of Shame Statements

Hall of Shame Statements

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by jaywill
Sarcasm and boasting gets you nowhere on this one.

You can say that you don't believe it. PERIOD.

You can say to have such faith in that is foolish.

But Jesus taught, predicted, foretold, prophesied, instructed that He would be known by His believers after His resurrection.

The council was attended by disciples who, whatever else were ...[text shortened]... about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved?" (2 Cor. 13:5)
[/b]
But then prediction with 20/20 hindsight isn't all that impressive.

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by Nemesio
Case in point.
I'll take this as your entry, then.

😀

j

Moves
25 Jul 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Nemesio
I take St Paul's admonition to pray unceasingly very seriously, Jaywill.
Thus, I have prayed about what I do and how I do it many, many times.

What I do is strive to liberate people from your perversion of Christianity.
This requires a complete understanding of the Christian Scriptures.

What you do is get frustrated and betray the hate in your he d try to defend your churlish attitude towards me as a sincere
Christian one.

Nemesio
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I take St Paul's admonition to pray unceasingly very seriously, Jaywill. Thus, I have prayed about what I do and how I do it many, many times.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That sounds very good. Unfortunately on this forum it comes across like "ridicule unceasingly." Do I need to provide quotes to remind you going back maybe three to five months?

Now you refer to St. Paul. Can you find me the phrase "Saint Paul" anywhere in the Bible ? What religious tradition did you unearth that terminology from?

"St Paul?" Whose "perversion" of Christianity are you out to fix?

Don't tell me someone as clear as you about the perversions of Christianity is into canonizing Saints!

You sound like an old style Catholic more than a radical reformer.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
What I do is strive to liberate people from your perversion of Christianity.
This requires a complete understanding of the Christian Scriptures.
++++++++++++++++++++++++

"A complete understanding of Christian Scriptures? Like not realizing that all believers in Christ as "saints" (1 Cor. 1:2) and we needn't have specific titles like "Saint Paul".

What you do is get frustrated and betray the hate in your heart. Your
notion of 'hating what Jesus hates' goes directly contrary to the Gospel
of 'Love your enemies' and 'turn the other cheek.'
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You have to explain to us why Jesus commended the church in Ephesus in Revelation 2:6:

"But this you have, that you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, WHICH I ALSO HAVE" (my emphasis)

Can you read the plain words? Christ says that you have something positive in Ephesus. What is it? It is the fact that what He hates they ALSO hate. He commends them for that.

The works of the Nicolaitans HE hates. This has nothing to do with turning the other cheek. The church does not turn the other cheek against people who bring in works to destroy the nature of the church.

You show your shallowness in understanding here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
This only demonstrates how perverse your interpretation of Christinaity is, that you would try to defend your churlish attitude towards me as a sincere Christian one.

You're not nearly as sensitive when you dish out disrespect to Christians here. You're full of heart felt sensativity when someone gives you a taste of your own medicine.

Sorry Nemesio, the sensativity you display reminds me of crocodile tears, given your track record of attacks against the New Testament.

But I did get a little carried away. And I do apologize for some of the more hurtful things I said in the heat of my anger.

Not that I ever expect any apology for the disrespect you have shown me since I started posting on this forum months ago.

I'll be watching your comments to see how your "praying without ceasing" effects your attitude towards my fellow brothers in Christ who say good things about the faith here.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
25 Jul 07

That sounds very good. Unfortunately on this forum it comes across like [b]"ridicule unceasingly." Do I need to provide quotes to remind you going back maybe three to five months?[/b]

If pointing out the flaws in the Christian Scriptures, if giving education as to the methods of
Biblical composition, if pointing out holes in so-called 'sola Scriptura' arguments, if insisting
that people be consistent in their interpretations -- if this is what you mean by ridicule, then
you'll find plenty of examples.

If insulting people -- calling them petty, calling them 'a loser,' calling them a 'yelping dog' -- you'll
find precious few posts of mine with that lamentable attitude.

Now you refer to St. Paul. Can you find me the phrase [b]"Saint Paul" anywhere in the Bible ? What religious tradition did you unearth that terminology from? [/b]

I adhere to the tradition that accords the ancient fathers of the Church and the Disciples the respect
that is due their work (however erroneous). I don't hold 'canonizing' to be a dogmatic issue of faith,
though when discussing theological discourse, I tend to respect the traditions that do. I can't see why
anyone would find this offensive or a perversion. Simply because I say 'St Paul' doesn't exclude the
possibility of St Jaywill.

You sound like an old style Catholic more than a radical reformer.

Ask the resident Roman Catholics if I'm an 'old-style Catholic.' You know, Ivanhoe or LucifersHammer.
They'll let you in on the little secret.

A complete understanding of Christian Scriptures? Like not realizing that all believers in Christ as "saints" [b](1 Cor. 1:2) and we needn't have specific titles like "Saint Paul". [/b]

I never said that they 'need' anything. I use those titles out of respect and recognition to their
contributions to Christian understanding.

You have to explain to us why Jesus commended the church in Ephesus...

I'm not saying you have love what I write. But you are obligated to express that 'hate' in a loving
fashion. That is, Jesus never expected the Nicolaitans to respond nicely to the Disciples, but the
Disciples were required by the tenets of their faith to disagree in a loving fashion. You have
failed to do this, and now you are striving to justify your despicable behavior -- insults and belittling --
by citing Jesus. That's a perversion of perversions.

The works of the Nicolaitans HE hates. This has nothing to do with turning the other cheek. The church does not turn the other cheek against people who bring in works to destroy the nature of the church.

That's right. He hates their works. But He doesn't say to treat them like garbage, which is what you
did to me. You didn't say 'Your writing is disgusting,' you said, 'You are a loser.' You didn't express
'hate'
of what I wrote, you expressed hate towards me. And this is what demonstrates your profound lack
of understanding of Christianity ought to be about.

You show your shallowness in understanding here.

You're trying to justify being insulting and belittling as a Christian duty. Who's being shallow, do you think?

You're not nearly as sensitive when you dish out disrespect to Christians here. You're full of heart felt sensativity when someone gives you a taste of your own medicine.

Like I said, you'll find very few negative comments about people on this forum. You'll find plenty
about their arguments. I'm sorry that you're unable to distinguish between insults to a person and
criticisms about their arguments.

Sorry Nemesio, the sensativity you display reminds me of crocodile tears, given your track record of attacks against the New Testament.

I'm not 'sad' about your nastiness. I'm merely observing how little you know Jesus when such insults
come so easily from your fingertips. It's your theology to treat your enemy with respect, love, and
charity, and so whether your enemy or your brother points it out, it's still true.

But I did get a little carried away. And I do apologize for some of the more hurtful things I said in the heat of my anger.

It's hard to take your apology seriously when you've tried to justify it by saying Jesus would have encouraged
such behavior.

Not that I ever expect any apology for the disrespect you have shown me since I started posting on this forum months ago.

Find me an insult to your person, and I will apologize without hesitation, justification, or equivocation.

I'll be watching your comments to see how your "praying without ceasing" effects your attitude towards my fellow brothers in Christ who say good things about the faith here.

You do not know Jesus, so you cannot have any brothers in Him. You can watch all you want, but
your time would be better spent emptying yourself of your presuppositions and embracing a wholesome,
non-hateful spirituality. I not harboring much hope, however. It's probably very comfortable to feel
self-justified calling people who disagree with your positions a 'yelping dog.'

Nemesio

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
Okay, official *bonk* to everyone, myself included. Come on Nemesio, you know there are some howlers out there you're just dying to contribute to this thread.

Post one, willya?
That's the problem with this thread. It's unfair to single out one howler. The whole f'in forum is a hall of shame.

And that's saying nothing about the problem of perspective. One man's idiotic, ignorant statement is the creed another man lives by.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
25 Jul 07

Christianity ? I am not interested in any "anity". You can have the "anity" I just want Christ.
You can only know Christ through Christianity, since the New Testament is a product of Christianity. Christ did not write it himself, Christians did.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
That's the problem with this thread. It's unfair to single out one howler. The whole f'in forum is a hall of shame.

And that's saying nothing about the problem of perspective. One man's idiotic, ignorant statement is the creed another man lives by.
How does it feel to be so special and enlightened?

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
It's unfair to single out one howler.
You can, of course, make multiple submissions.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by Palynka
How does it feel to be so special and enlightened?
I'm not excluding myself. As an agnostic/weak atheist, much of what I say sounds foolish to theists.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
You can, of course, make multiple submissions.
OK, I picked one out at random.

"The USA is a superpower and in relation to the world's military powers , omnipotent..." -knightmeister, 26 Jul 07, Thread 73105

s
Doh!!! Or--Are--I

Springfield, USA

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
I don't believe you.

And you still don't have too! Just another Homer. Hope you've been well.😵😵

j

Moves
26 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
You can only know Christ through Christianity, since the New Testament is a product of Christianity. Christ did not write it himself, Christians did.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I understand what you are trying to say. However, do you sense some circular logic here?

You end up with a kind of chicken and egg situation.
Which came first - the Christians who produced the New Testament or the New Testament that produced Christians?

Actually, you can only know Christ as a living Lord and Savior through THE HOLY SPIRIT.

And there are many things associated with Christianity which have nothing to do with the New Testament. That is why I take the term to indicate more of human tradition with some revelation. But Jesus Christ Himself is ALL a matter of revelation. And He said that no comes to the Father except through Him. He did not say no ones comes to the Father except through Christianity. See John 14:6

"Jesus said to him, I am the way and the reality and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me."

I am for the "Me" and not necessarily for all the "ANITY" that has been associated (sometimes wrongly) with the "Me".

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
26 Jul 07

"atheists read the Bible for the soul purpose of coming up with arguments against"

--awalt08, 26 Jul '07 09:03 "why read the bible?" Thread 73469

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
28 Jul 07

"After an amazing battle that reminded me of the battle in The Lord of the Rings 'The Return of the King', all I could think was, 'Why would anyone rather see Harry Potter, which is teaching youngster about the arts of black magic, and witchcraft that is against God/Jesus, when they could go and see this awesome Christian movie."

--TheMountainLion, "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch a...", 28 Jul '07 10:59 Thread 73870

E

Moves
28 Jul 07

somebody quote me