Hail, Oh Infallible Science!

Hail, Oh Infallible Science!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
27 Jun 06

Originally posted by whodey
Perhaps not in this life.
Not ever.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
27 Jun 06

Originally posted by Halitose
[b]Who would they be?

The "what's wrong with evolution" thread would be a great place to start looking.[/b]
Not another evolution thread, no thanks. I can just imagine how much fun it is. There are close-minded people from all walks of life.

As it happens, every discipline changes with time. I don't imagine theology has remained completely static over the last several centuries.

Anyway--I think your gripe is with certain people and not science itself (which is a tool, requiring maintenance like any other), so good luck with that.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
27 Jun 06

I don't think so.
Ah, but you're finding fault with the knowledge not the process.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
27 Jun 06

Bleep! Bleep! Self-defeating-statement-o-meter just red-lined.
Isn't the "mankind is incapable of perfection" thing, the sole belonging of the religious?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
27 Jun 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Ah, but you're finding fault with the knowledge not the process.
The process is probably as robust as it gets; it's the flaunting of the knowledge gleaned as absolute, irrefutable fact that I have a problem with.

d

Moves
27 Jun 06

The process is probably as robust as it gets; it's the flaunting of the knowledge gleaned as absolute, irrefutable fact that I have a problem with.
It is an absolute, irrefutable fact that all threads in the spirituality forum are destined to evolve into debates about evolution.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
27 Jun 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Not another evolution thread, no thanks. I can just imagine how much fun it is. There are close-minded people from all walks of life.

As it happens, every discipline changes with time. I don't imagine theology has remained completely static over the last several centuries.

Anyway--I think your gripe is with certain people and not science itself (which is a tool, requiring maintenance like any other), so good luck with that.
That's exactly the reason why I'm quite fed up with evolution threads, thanks very much.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
27 Jun 06

Originally posted by dottewell
It is an absolute, irrefutable fact that all threads in the spirituality forum are destined to evolve into debates about evolution.
Ha!

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
27 Jun 06

That's exactly the reason why I'm quite fed up with evolution threads, thanks very much.
We don't hate you because we're close minded we hate you because you're stupid.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
27 Jun 06
1 edit

Isn't the "mankind is incapable of perfection" thing, the sole belonging of the religious?
Nope. Evolution posits the same conclusion. 😠

Edit: See dotty's post above.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
27 Jun 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
We don't hate you because we're close minded we hate you because you're stupid.
Thanks for clearing that up; I was really worried.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
27 Jun 06

I challenge you to find a new topic.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
27 Jun 06

Perfection is an idealistic--or ideological--spook. Or, perfection is found only in death. Constant improvement is a different story.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Jun 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
And which branch of science is that?

And how many of plutos moons were revealed to you by religion?
Apologies for the late response, but that science is called theology. It is the premier branch of all sciences.

Religion is not part of my faith. As part of my natural studies, however, it has taught me nothing of the rings of Saturn, but very much about the mind of man.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Jun 06

It's amusing that Einstein's quote could equally apply to religion.
Religion, yes. Science, yes. Christianity, no.