1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 17:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here's an idea. As a sample, why not just compare, say, you ~ a Christian ~ and your level of open mindedness and spirit of "conciliation" to that of, say, JS357 ~ an non-theist ~ and his level of open mindedness and spirit of "conciliation", and look at this problem of inflexibility and partisan stubbornness on this forum through the prism the two of you provide.
    Regarding this: take a look at all of the posts wherein I was the originator and tell me if you can't see the common thread.
    My intention has always been (and will continue to be) to poke/prick/pry into the thinking of open-minded people in an effort to make them think about their stance(s) on life, relative to a consideration of the Living God.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 20:12
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Do you think that when atheists read your many, many posts they are

A) more drawn to god, jesus and religion in general
    B) less drawn to god, jesus and religion in general
    C) neither

?
    GKR, a believer in Christ's sole responsibility toward unbelievers who may have become curious or interested is to present accurate biblical information. The Holy Spirit who is the Executor of Salvation then makes academic salvation information understandable to them. It is then the unbeliever's volition which decides: "Yes, I would like to know more" or "Thanks anyway but I'm not interested at this time". It's a cop out extraordinaire to presume that personality or communication style differences ever become an insurmountable obstacle for unbelievers actually desiring to know the truth about God's Perfect Plan. This thread presents two mutually exclusive options which cut along an exposed self preservation nerve. Unbelievers' replies will be either a single or series of negative emotional reactions or a positive response. It's about GKR not gb.
    Note: Be back Monday. Stay safe. Be well. -Bob
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:21
    When I was young a teacher told me that a place called London existed and even though I had never seen it or heard about it before I believed by faith that it did. As I grew I learned more about it and all the great places to see.
    Also when I was young my mother and father told me that God and heaven existed and even though I had never seen
    Him or heaven I believed by faith that it did. As I grew I learned more about God and that He sent His Son to die for us and I believed that too.
    When I was older I was able to go to London and see all the great things I believed were there.
    One day I will be able to go to heaven and see all the wonderful things God has prepared for those who have believed in Jesus Christ and what He has accomplished for us.
    Faith perception is not just for children it is for all of us. PUT YOUR FAITH TO THE TEST. Will it bring you eternal life and happiness with God or eternal condemnation? 2 Corinthians 13:5.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 23:56
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Because he was usually engaged either with folks to whom I give very little attention, or on topics which offer little to no interest to me.
    I'm saying all of that to say this: it was not an intentional oversight of the ONE regularly contributing atheist (although I don't know that I found a post in which this was self-described) who has a proven track re ...[text shortened]... ts; it had more to do with having very little interactions with him in comparison to all others.
    OK, I understand. You do not wish to be compared to JS357 in terms of your levels of open mindedness and spirit of "conciliation". I could hardly blame you for dodging that one. So I will throw the choice back to you. You choose. Who do you reckon is your equivalent or your counterpart on the atheist side in terms of your self described "poke/prick/pry" approach.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 00:171 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    It's a cop out extraordinaire to presume that personality or communication style differences ever become an insurmountable obstacle for unbelievers actually desiring to know the truth about God's Perfect Plan.
    Your "communication style", unfortunately for you, is an obstacle.

For me, for example, there's simply nothing you say, there's nothing about your mind map, there's nothing about what you copy paste, there's nothing about your demeanour or your behaviour, that leads me to think ~ even for a moment ~ that God has revealed Himself to you, that He is working through you, or that you are in possession of "the truth" about God.

Instead, your posts appear mostly to have purposes that exist in orbit of your cyber ego and your carefully manufactured forum "personality" ~ with technocratic Christian jargon and mantras and slogans tacked on.

If you should ever communicate anything that appears to be real about God, I will be one of the first to acknowledge it.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 04:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK, I understand. You do not wish to be compared to JS357 in terms of your levels of open mindedness and spirit of "conciliation". I could hardly blame you for dodging that one. So I will throw the choice back to you. You choose. Who do you reckon is your equivalent or your counterpart on the atheist side in terms of your self described "poke/prick/pry" approach.
    LJ.

I think we both want the same thing, albeit from different angles.

He wants to believe in God, but cannot.
    I want to disbelieve, but cannot.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 04:47
    LemmonJello.

I think we both want the same thing, albeit from different angles.

He wants to believe in God, but cannot.
    I want to disbelieve, but cannot.
    Regular atheist posters who engage Christians, listen to what they say, offer their pennys' worths, analyze/respond to the interpretation of scriptures here and there, and generally enter into discussions on this forum, would include stellspalfie, twhitehead, Proper Knob, SwissGambit, JS357 and ~ the poster you see as your 'equivalent' ~ LemonJello. There are others I've overlooked probably. Between them, they produce a large portion of the thoughtful posts on the Spirituality Forum.

So, yourself and LemonJello aside, who'd be your five theist stalwarts who'd be ~ in your personal view ~ the 'counterparts' to stellspalfie, twhitehead, Proper Knob, SwissGambit and JS357?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 05:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Regular atheist posters who engage Christians, listen to what they say, offer their pennys' worths, analyze/respond to the interpretation of scriptures here and there, and generally enter into discussions on this forum, would include stellspalfie, twhitehead, Proper Knob, SwissGambit, JS357 and ~ the poster you see as your 'equivalent' ~ LemonJello. There are ot ...[text shortened]... sonal view ~ the 'counterparts' to stellspalfie, twhitehead, Proper Knob, SwissGambit and JS357?
    Not sure what you are driving at... (although I have a pretty good idea)
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 05:102 edits
    Not sure what you are driving at... (although I have a pretty good idea)
    Don't just cop out.

You've sought to 'pair yourself' with LemonJello in terms of your levels of open mindedness and spirit of "conciliation". You see yourself as his counterpart on your side of the Christian-atheist thing. [Which is not my view by the way].

So who would you 'pair' off stellspalfie, twhitehead, Proper Knob, SwissGambit and JS35 with from the Christian side here ~ in terms of their levels of open mindedness and spirit of "conciliation", according to your observations?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 05:511 edit
    GKR, a believer in Christ's sole responsibility toward unbelievers who may have become curious or interested is to present accurate biblical information. The Holy Spirit who is the Executor of Salvation then makes academic salvation information understandable to them. It is then the unbeliever's volition which decides: "Yes, I would like to know more" o ...[text shortened]... s or a positive response. It's about GKR not gb.
    Note: Be back Monday. Stay safe. Be well. -Bob
    Note: Uninterested in acquiring the Mind of Christ, is it possible that some entrenched atheists worship their own intellect in the auditorium of their own frontal lobe vacuums; and in doing so become their own pastor/teachers [online and off]?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 05:58
    Note: Uninterested in acquiring the Mind of Christ, is it possible that some entrenched atheists worship their own intellect in the auditorium of their own frontal lobe vacuum; and in doing so become their own pastor/teachers [online and off]?
    It's funny how you, of all people, were cautioning Great King Rat [and presumably everybody] only a few hours ago about "negative emotional reactions" and now look at the stuff you yourself are typing. 😀
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 06:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's funny how you, of all people, were cautioning Great King Rat [and presumably everybody] only a few hours ago about "negative emotional reactions" and now look at the stuff you yourself are typing. 😀
    Merely a ?¿
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 06:15
    Merely a ?¿
    It's funny how you, of all people, try to dismiss ~ in public ~ people who have different beliefs from you as being stuff like "intellectually stymied" and "emotionally immature", and yet here you are, unable to engage dissenters or questioners, reduced to posting things like "Merely a ?¿" whilst passing yourself off as a man to whom God has purportedly revealed himself. And I say this without rancour. 🙂
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 09:26
    "Matthew 7 New American Standard Bible (NASB) Judging Others

7 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and [a. by what measure you measure] by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how [b. will] can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye. 6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 09:591 edit
    "Matthew 7 New American Standard Bible (NASB) Judging Others

7 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and [a. by what measure you measure] by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in yo ...[text shortened]... arls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
    Words that have been used on this thread to confront your behaviour: "negative emotional reactions" ~ "intellectually stymied" ~ "emotionally immature".

And yet these are simply words you have used to express your judgement of fellow posters. They are verbatim and have been tossed right back at you.

Why is it OK for you to be judgemental about others, but not OK for you if others are judgemental about you? 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree