1. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 01:221 edit
    Nobody really knows. Nobody has ever come back to tell the tale.Raised a Catholic, but even as a kid I never bought in. Funny thing is, the more I disbelieve, the more I wish I did.It seems so pointless to exist only to end up decomposing.I know some incredibly religious people, who are happy as can be. I know a lot more who are murderous to the core if you dont share their beliefs.As an atheist, I dont want to die, I dont want to lose a single day because I see no reward at the end.....is that sad? I dont know. My brother in law had a great idea for a grave stone epitaph: "what the hell was that all about?" 🙂....As much as I dont believe, if I was 30 thousand feet above the ground on a crashing jet I would probably be screaming Oh God at the top of my lungs.....am I alone in these thoughts? Probably not.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 01:511 edit
    Originally posted by mudpie
    Nobody really knows. Nobody has ever come back to tell the tale.Raised a Catholic, but even as a kid I never bought in. Funny thing is, the more I disbelieve, the more I wish I did.It seems so pointless to exist only to end up decomposing.I know some incredibly religious people, who are happy as can be. I know a lot more who are murderous to the core if you d bly be screaming Oh God at the top of my lungs.....am I alone in these thoughts? Probably not.
    Being a person of faith is not just about having a "get out of hell" card. It is about finding a relationship with your Creator and walking in love with your fellow man. At our core, relationship is what we crave and what makes us truley happy in the end.
  3. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 02:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    Being a person of faith is not just about having a "get out of hell" card. It is about finding a relationship with your Creator and walking in love with your fellow man. At our core, relationship is what we crave and what makes us truley happy in the end.
    If you mean a relationship with God would make us truely happy I agree, the problem is the ability to believe.....
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 04:01
    If you mean a relationship with God would make us truely happy I agree, the problem is the ability to believe.....
    You should associate with those that do believe and try to understand why they believe. Read and try to understand how the Holy Bibe could be true. Start with the New Testament because it explains the Old Testament. Try sincerely praying that God will show you the truth through others or buy any means possible. You must really want to know the truth and seek after it before you will find it. It does not come about by doubting the word of God. It is good to doubt most things, but not the word of God.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 05:15
    wear bermuda shorts and a loose hawaiin shirt a couple sizes too large.
    have a few tokes and wait. soon jujubonboi will appear and reveal the secrets of the universe to you.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 06:23
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    have a few tokes and wait. soon jujubonboi will appear and reveal the secrets of the universe to you.
    That sounds good for you, because then you could hide your head up your arse and nobody would even notice. 😏
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 06:45
    Nobody really knows. Nobody has ever come back to tell the tale.
    Nobody really knows what? Whether there is 'life after death'? Well that depends on how you define 'life'. But for any meaningful definition, I would say that I do know. No there is no life after death and its not surprising that nobody has come back to tell the tale.
    How do I know? Well its really pretty obvious if you actually think about it.
    I can guarantee that nobody who believes in life after death wants to actually think about it and will refuse to discuss any evidence against it.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 10:142 edits
    As the Bible indicates, seek and you will find, for if you are not looking for something odds are you will never find it even if it slaps you upside the head. Ask believers why they believe and read books as well. One of my favorite authors is C.S. Lewis. There are a lot of good books to choose from where he explains why he believes. Another good book is "The Case for Christ" etc. Also pray that God shows himself to you and start reading the teachings of Christ if you are not familiar with them.

From my experience those who do not excercise their faith often loose it. Faith is a daily activity so find those of faith who meet regularly outside of church and who actually practice their faith whether it be helping the poor or witnessing to others etc. I think you will find that no matter your path, the people you surround yourself with and the activities and daily way of thinking is what you will become.

It is like anything else really. If you want it then go after it.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 10:44
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    And if jujubonboi takes to long you can reveal them to Him.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 22:06
    Nobody really knows. Nobody has ever come back to tell the tale.Raised a Catholic, but even as a kid I never bought in. Funny thing is, the more I disbelieve, the more I wish I did.It seems so pointless to exist only to end up decomposing.I know some incredibly religious people, who are happy as can be. I know a lot more who are murderous to the core if you d ...[text shortened]... bly be screaming Oh God at the top of my lungs.....am I alone in these thoughts? Probably not.
    Ever look at things in a non catholic way?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 22:33
    Nobody really knows. Nobody has ever come back to tell the tale.Raised a Catholic, but even as a kid I never bought in. Funny thing is, the more I disbelieve, the more I wish I did.It seems so pointless to exist only to end up decomposing.I know some incredibly religious people, who are happy as can be. I know a lot more who are murderous to the core if you d ...[text shortened]... bly be screaming Oh God at the top of my lungs.....am I alone in these thoughts? Probably not.
    One of the stages of grieving is depression. It occurs after denial, anger, and bargaining have run their course. It precedes acceptance, if the course is run in full.

The loss of belief in the possibility of eternal life is a reason to grieve. You may not have believed, but you wish you had. Now even the having of that wish seems to be in vain, for you. You seem depressed.

Best wishes for you in your journey.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 01:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    As the Bible indicates, seek and you will find, for if you are not looking for something odds are you will never find it even if it slaps you upside the head. Ask believers why they believe and read books as well. One of my favorite authors is C.S. Lewis. There are a lot of good books to choose from where he explains why he believes. Another good book is ...[text shortened]... is what you will become.

It is like anything else really. If you want it then go after it.
    And why choose Christianity? There are so many religions out there and sects that you have a huge choice. RJH even has his own! (In fact - why not make up a religion of your own? You won't be disappointed then and can create your own evidence) ... Its also a huge money-maker 😉

Good Luck

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree