God's Law. Thank You.

God's Law. Thank You.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
09 Jan 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from this forum, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some ...[text shortened]... t you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Let's just distinguish plagiarism from quotation, shall we? Quotation means indicating such, through quotation marks, for example, and acknowledging a source. Plagiarism means passing work off as one's own which was originally somebody else's.

If someone quotes verse or scripture, are they claiming authorship? Don't be daft!

Here, I note, firstly the lack of quotation marks and acknowledgement of the original author. Indeed the original piece mentioned nothing about a forum, as I read it anyway, and was in the form of a letter. Dr. Strangelove noticeably "doctored" this text to make it seem his own, which was dishonest. I hope that makes things clearer for all.

DS

Moves
09 Jan 06

Originally posted by sjeg
Let's just distinguish plagiarism from quotation, shall we? Quotation means indicating such, through quotation marks, for example, and acknowledging a source. Plagiarism means passing work off as one's own which was originally somebody else's.

If someone quotes verse or scripture, are they claiming authorship? Don't be daft!

Here, I note, firstly the lack ...[text shortened]... xt to make it seem his own, which was dishonest. I hope that makes things clearer for all.
Rubbish.
I simply passed on the article how I found it, nowhere did I claim it as my own invention. You're talking absolute bollox if you 're saying every joke story line or whatever has to have its original authors name attached to it.

You need to lighten up and take it for what it is, a laugh, Who gives a fcuk who the originating author was, it's hardly the point.. Pah!

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
You forgot the usual exception for the Ten Commandments and tithing.
The Codices had different applications, parts of which still apply.
Specifically, the Ten Commandments are applicable to every age, including the one we are in presently.
As a way of general government for small and large, ancient and modern societies, the Ten Commandments hold true for all ages.
Tithing was not a spiritual command, as it applied to every citizen in then-Israel. Moreoever, it certainly does not apply today. While there are many misguided Christians who swear by the gimmick of it, tithing was a tax. Giving is to be prompted by the overflow of a believer's appreciation and maturity, not a staple of their Christian life.
Would that we could have a tithing system in this country reflective of what the ancient Israelites paid!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
Fortunutely in my case, I neither sleep better or worse as a result
of not accepting christ as my personal saviour or believing I have
to slavishly devote my life to those two thousand year old so-called
values, values which BTW have been used as the rational for almost
all the wars fought in the last two thousand years, or does the
word Crusades mean anything to you?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jan 06

Anyone can be misquoted, apparently.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jan 06
1 edit

Allright I´ll be helpful

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

A: You should stop watching too many flash movies although this one is particularly good.

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

A: Supply me with her age and photos and I make you a goood price.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

A: Canadians are the same as Egypts in the bible. Their are just weird people (LOL now I get stoned by the canadians. Na just kidding)

I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A: Yes you are.

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

A: It is clearly understood that you shouldn´t eat shellfish while shagging a person of the same gender.

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

A: You were glasses. Thats demon work ! Cursed be thy name.

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

Hung at their ears until they give you the impression of long hair.

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

A: Sometimes its just to hard to keep the fun inside the family. You should share it with your community.

I know there are people here who have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.[/b]

A: You are most welcome. 😛

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Rubbish.
I simply passed on the article how I found it, nowhere did I claim it as my own invention. You're talking absolute bollox if you 're saying every joke story line or whatever has to have its original authors name attached to it.

You need to lighten up and take it for what it is, a laugh, Who gives a fcuk who the originating author was, it's hardly the point.. Pah!
I am breezy, as I was in my original post. But then you defended your 'plagio' by claiming anyone who quoted Scripture in the Spirituality forums was doing exactly what you did, which is clearly a load of shite, as I'm sure you know well. But just in case, i pointed it out to you.

So post your source, then! And if you did change the opening, (which someone did, be it you, or whoever you ripped this off here) then that was clearly an attempt to make people think this piece was original, instead of spam! Still, there are more important things in this world, you are quite correct...

Although I might add this:

The letter was originally by one J. Kent Ashcraft, and was send as an open letter on the web to one Dr. Laura, who was an Orthodox Jew, and claimed homosexuality was a sin and an abomination, citing Leviticus. http://www.doublestandards.org/drlaura1.html

That does not stop dim anti-Christian bigots reposting this every five seconds in these forums (surely not the case in this thread, mind you), which is why everyone here has seen it many times.

Actually, I have noticed a need for such a thread in these forums, which addresses such issues. Might even start one. Take it easy.

sjeg

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Jan 06

That does not stop dim anti-Christian bigots reposting this every five seconds in these forums
And I thought we were pals...:'(

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
And I thought we were pals...:'(
We is, mate. You is one of de cleva ones!😉

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
10 Jan 06

We is, mate. You is one of de cleva ones!😉
Sjeg is one of those for whom, like Peter, the cock crowed three times. It's generally easier to criticize a position, then to make a reasoned original argument. Maybe he's taking a page from the Republican US Supreme Court Nominee preparation team.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The Codices had different applications, parts of which still apply.
Specifically, the Ten Commandments are applicable to every age, including the one we are in presently.
As a way of general government for small and large, ancient and modern societies, the Ten Commandments hold true for all ages.
Tithing was not a spiritual command, as it applied to eve ...[text shortened]... we could have a tithing system in this country reflective of what the ancient Israelites paid!
Oddly, today's christian churches preach the tithe concept vigorously, yet do not adopt the NT-early church practice of having members sell everything they have and giving it to the church leaders (apostles in the NT).

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Oddly, today's christian churches preach the tithe concept vigorously, yet do not adopt the NT-early church practice of having members sell everything they have and giving it to the church leaders (apostles in the NT).
No doubt. How about those 'preachers' who tell people to give a seed offering, and that God is bound to give them 10-100 times their seed? Makes man want to blanch; imagine God's take on it!

However, the apostles never told anyone to sell everything. There was one notorious case wherein two people wanted to appear righteously self-sacrificial, but held back that which they claimed to have given. They died. But they died for lying, not for undergiving.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
11 Jan 06

Originally posted by telerion
Sjeg is one of those for whom, like Peter, the cock crowed three times. It's generally easier to criticize a position, then to make a reasoned original argument. Maybe he's taking a page from the Republican US Supreme Court Nominee preparation team.
I think I barely understood what you are trying to say. I do think the word for which you were searching was actually 'than', but that's beside the point. As you wrote in another thread less 'than' 24 hours ago, you don't know me, or the arguments I make. So respectfully, stick a sock in it, or make a decent argument yourself. You might even have the ability.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
11 Jan 06

I think I barely understood what you are trying to say. I do think the word for which you were searching was actually 'than', but that's beside the point. As you wrote in another thread less 'than' 24 hours ago, you don't know me, or the arguments I make. So respectfully, stick a sock in it, or make a decent argument yourself. You might even have the ability.
Gosh, sjeg. I didn't realize that you paid such close attention. I should return the favor. You have placed a comma in your post that, according to the rules of English grammar, does not belong. The sentence should be written as follows: As you wrote in another thread less 'than' 24 hours ago, you don't know me or the arguments I make.

When you finally have something meaningful to contribute to a discussion, I'll put in my two cents. Until then, don't drop out of that undergraduate program.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
11 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
Gosh, sjeg. I didn't realize that you paid such close attention. I should return the favor. You have placed a comma in your post that, according to the rules of English grammar, does not belong. The sentence should be written as follows: As you wrote in another thread less 'than' 24 hours ago, you don't know me or the arguments I make.

When y ...[text shortened]... sion, I'll put in my two cents. Until then, don't drop out of that undergraduate program.
Tel, does "The Lord's Army" give special courses in ad hominems? You're not bad.