god: the lost years

god: the lost years

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Jun 13

what happened to god between the o.t. and n.t? did he have a life changing experience that calmed him, maybe the o.t. was his teenage years full of emotion and testosterone and the o.t. was him moving towards middle age, settling down (starting a family). did he take a break? maybe go exploring the indian sub-continent...........maybe he found god.

PDI

Moves
20 Jun 13

Marcion heresy, I say.
😲

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jun 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
what happened to god between the o.t. and n.t? did he have a life changing experience that calmed him, maybe the o.t. was his teenage years full of emotion and testosterone and the o.t. was him moving towards middle age, settling down (starting a family). did he take a break? maybe go exploring the indian sub-continent...........maybe he found god.
God/Eternity Past)-------------------------------- [time/human history]--------------------------------- (God/Eternity Future

rc

Moves
20 Jun 13
2 edits

the messiah is coming (watch this space)----------------------------------------------------------messiah arrives

Moves
20 Jun 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
God/Eternity Past)-------------------------------- [time/human history]--------------------------------- (God/Eternity Future
due to nature of the inflatable volunteers suffering a myriad of perpendicular, post-ironic self-aware, identity replacements. one can only float ideas that sink to the surface and drown in a sea of time-free science. like a cat tied to a pole.

Moves
20 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the messiah is coming (watch this space)----------------------------------------------------------messiah arrives
the messiah is a very naughty boy.

rc

Moves
20 Jun 13

the messiah is a very naughty boy.
the messiah is Christ.

Moves
20 Jun 13

the messiah is Christ.
the farmer has a wife?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jun 13

He did not change at all in character.
Malachi 3:6 - For I, Jehovah, do not change ..."

He went through a process of two becomings.

1.) The Word became flesh.

2.) The last Adam became a life giving Spirit.

He went through the process of being in a form to dispense Himself into man.

Moves
20 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonship
He did not change at all in character.
[b]Malachi 3:6 - For I, Jehovah, do not change ..."

He went through a process of two becomings.

1.) The Word became flesh.

2.) The last Adam became a life giving Spirit.

He went through the process of being in a form to dispense Himself into man.[/b]
so the god/jesus of the n.t. agrees with everything in the mosaic law then?

rc

Moves
20 Jun 13

yes

Moves
20 Jun 13

yes
then the j-man isnt as nice as i thought he was. he's as nuts as his psychotic, mass murdering old-man.

rc

Moves
20 Jun 13

then the j-man isnt as nice as i thought he was. he's as nuts as his psychotic, mass murdering old-man.
why? can you cite a single example where God arbitrarily executed divine justice upon anyone without giving them prior warning and seeking their repentance? No neither can I.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
20 Jun 13

The word became flesh is not from Mosaic traditions but is a New Testament innovation borrowed from Greek philosophy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jun 13
2 edits

The word became flesh is not from Mosaic traditions but is a New Testament innovation borrowed from Greek philosophy.

"the Word became flesh" was stated in terms that Gnostics would understand (hopefully) not in order to agree with all their philosophical ideas but to contradict certain of them.