God Manifesting Himself ?

God Manifesting Himself ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

The Smoke

Moves
02 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
Has God ever appeared in any way shape or form so that man could see Him?
Through out all of History?

Manny
not sure how the "Conversations With God" books are viewed by the 'bloggers' here but one of them did cover this question in particular. Could go and check that paragraph but I'm not lazy now...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yes thats right Galveston, I would like to think I'm adding to other views. "Truth" is not limited to one point of view, and in this sense , if it works for you then fine. I have no problem with people not agreeing with my views. They (my views) are very hard to describe in any accurate fashion. I just try my best and often feel that others have describ ...[text shortened]... t here to contradict the bible, merely to add to our collective knowledge of the Divine.
There are many views and in most things in life that's ok. But the Bible is one truth and not open for whatever we think. 2Pet 1:19-21.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 10

So what are you saying? A vision is not real? A hallucination? An LSD trip? Ok then by your reasoning we can throw away most of the old testament. If I'm to believe the account of this vision given or initiated by God it's because God wanted Isaiah to see a glimpse of Himself. Read it closely Isaiah said I saw the Lord sitting on his throne. I saw? God never corrects Isaiah. The vision was real.

Manny
But he was not an awake, walking, eating, conscience human in this sleep like state he was in. Do you not see the differance? Look up vision in any dictionary to see what it means.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Feb 10

Originally posted by galveston75
There are many views and in most things in life that's ok. But the Bible is one truth and not open for whatever we think. 2Pet 1:19-21.
I know, I know. Sometimes you gotta use your own concience and at other times you gotta listen to some other authority. Knowing when to do what makes you a good person.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Feb 10

But he was not an awake, walking, eating, conscience human in this sleep like state he was in. Do you not see the differance? Look up vision in any dictionary to see what it means.
You will do anything to take away the super natural it appears. How do you know He (They) was sleeping when they had these visions?

These were not your average run of the mill dreams.

Manny

j

Moves
03 Feb 10
1 edit

You will do anything to take away the super natural it appears. How do you know He (They) was sleeping when they had these visions?

Manny
How did a dream make a person like Jesus Christ be born in Bethlehem when 500 years earlier the prophet Micah said the divine messianic Person would be born there (Matt. 2:1-6;Micah 5:2)

What kind of dream was able to accomplish that ?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Feb 10

The inner beauty of such people is apparent only to those who have eyes to see.
I too dont find you close-minded,Manny.Like I said,if it works for you , then thats great. If you feel no inner-conflict associated with your faith , then you are surely on the right track. I wish you all the best..
No doubt. I believe God may send People or angels or whatever to test us without us even knowing. Yeah I know it sound whacky!! But Jesus says if you give even to the least of these a drink of water you've done this to me.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Feb 10

So what are you saying? A vision is not real? A hallucination? An LSD trip? Ok then by your reasoning we can throw away most of the old testament. If I'm to believe the account of this vision given or initiated by God it's because God wanted Isaiah to see a glimpse of Himself. Read it closely Isaiah said I saw the Lord sitting on his throne. I saw? God never corrects Isaiah. The vision was real.

Manny
Yes he saw a likeness of God, but he was not there in the flesh and not in God's presance in the flesh. Why is that? Why did God not just let him see him without using a vision?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 10

Has God ever appeared in any way shape or form so that man could see Him?
Through out all of History?

Manny
Jesus.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Feb 10

Originally posted by josephw
Jesus.
Ex 33:20. Still ignoring the scriptures but instead following false teachings. What does this scripture mean then?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Feb 10
2 edits

Manny
Did you look up vision in your dictionary?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Feb 10

God could come to you as a wino or homeless on a street corner and you would not know.

Manny
Oh.....Ok. Never heard that except in a song or two. Have any scriptures to back that one up?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Feb 10

Oh.....Ok. Never heard that except in a song or two. Have any scriptures to back that one up?
My direct experience can back that up.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Feb 10

My direct experience can back that up.
Oh so you've met him?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 10

Ex 33:20. Still ignoring the scriptures but instead following false teachings. What does this scripture mean then?
Jesus does away with the old testament and offers a new covenant. While in the past no man could see God, in Jesus Christ, this is changed. Remember that St Paul says that 'the fullness of deity' dwells in him.