God loves you...

God loves you...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
30 Oct 05

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
Those who LOVE THE LORD have no need of your earthly logic...
I'm hoping the OCCASIONAL capitalization might spark SOME type of COHERENT response, but I fear YOUR assesment IS correct.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
30 Oct 05

Originally posted by David C
I'm hoping the OCCASIONAL capitalization might spark SOME type of COHERENT response, but I fear YOUR assesment IS correct.
That's just plain funny. 😀

a

Meddling with things

Moves
30 Oct 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
God is still giving you a chance to repent.
don't hold your breath dalek-boy

h

Cosmos

Moves
30 Oct 05

Those who LOVE THE LORD have no need of your earthly logic...
it's just as well they don't NEED it, because they certainly don't HAVE ANY.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
30 Oct 05

Originally posted by howardgee
it's just as well they don't NEED it, because they certainly don't HAVE ANY.
See how well THE LORD doth PROVIDE?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
30 Oct 05
5 edits

Originally posted by connerac
That's sweet it really is (genuinely no sarcasm). But it's child-like wishful thinking. It's much harder to ackknowledge that this is the one short life we have and if we can be decent, we get nothing. Yet still atheists try to be decent. It's humanity, not the rewards of heaven.
That's sweet it really is (genuinely no sarcasm). But it's child-like wishful thinking.

Matt 18:3 “Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of God.”

It's much harder to ackknowledge that this is the one short life we have

This is difficult for me to acknowledge as well.

if we can be decent, we get nothing. Yet still atheists try to be decent. It's humanity, not the rewards of heaven

I believe that God considers all things. There are places in the Bible (I can’t remember where right now) Where God says that whatever we do to another, so to do we do to God.

Personally I believe that if an athesist loves other people and commits their life to morals and righteousness, they may get into Heaven. This is just my interpretation.

Edit: here is the verse

Matt 25:42-45 "For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee and hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in person, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."

N

Moves
31 Oct 05

So God loves us unconditionally, eh?

He sometimes has a funny way of showing it.

Do you think that He loves the innocent children who died, were maimed, or who lost parents, in the recent earthquake in Pakistan?

Maybe you should write them a letter, explaining that, because you privately are assured of God's love, they should be too.

Perhap ...[text shortened]... e of what words that letter might contain, and add substance to your simple assertions of faith.
Pawnokeyhole

Tell me, will a letter bring piece in their hearts, will I be the one to make them feel better? No ways.

God has a funny way of showing us anything yes, God is mysterious.

If you want my to write something here for them, I would write...

God loves you...

N

Moves
31 Oct 05

Actually, Nic...'god' as you have come to define him in your life, does not exist. Religion is merely a expression of ideals and axioms that is inherent to the conciousness that we owe to the evolution of our species. Christianity, in particular, is a merely a surrogate for the worship of the one true creator, The Sun.

Do you agree?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - You really made me laugh - really 😉

David C, to me, God exists in anything and everything. He is the lover of my soul. I cannot live without Him. No matter what you believe, no matter what you say or do, will never ever change the way I feel about Jesus Christ.

If you want to worship "the sun", knok yourself out! There are people who worship the moon as well, even the aligator is worshiped.

So no, I dont agree with you. I vote for God, al the way 😉

N

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
Nicolaas:

I've been over this with RBHILL a number of times.

There is no such thing as 'born again.' It is a mistranslation
of the exchange with Nicodemus in St John's Gospel.

It is 'born from above.' In the Greek, this ties in with the Spirit/wind
concept which forms lovely turns of phrase in the original.

The notion of being ' ...[text shortened]... basis in tradition either. It
is a 19th-century convention based on sensationalism.

Nemesio
Would it have the same meaning if I would say that I am a born from above Christian instead of a born again Christian?

If not, then I surely am a born again Christian.

N

Moves
31 Oct 05

even 2 edit you has. wow! curious? OK, I explain you try by your god his is. no personal thing is here by now, only difficulty you understand there was. only this makes, god see as christian look not like by you think is for was. fail not your by his my argument when not looks him is.

Does that clear things up for you, stoker?
What?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Personally I believe that if an athesist loves other people and commits their life to morals and righteousness, they may get into Heaven. This is just my interpretation.
!!!!!!!!!!

This is unOrthodox, you realize.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
Would it have the same meaning if I would say that I am a born from above Christian instead of a born again Christian?

If not, then I surely am a born again Christian.
No, it would have a different meaning because one makes no
sense (born again) and one makes sense (born from above)
from a Christian perspective.

Nemesio

N

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
You're just a skidmark
Are you calling people names again cause you disagree with them?

Come'on aardvarkhome, we are all adults here.

N

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
I think that some of us are missing the point of the whole God's love issue so I'll add my two cents.

God's love in unconditional whether we love him or hate him or sin or whatever. It is always there.

The only thing that we can give to God is our hearts. He doesn’t need our money, he doesn’t need our jokes or sarcasm, and he sure doesn’t ...[text shortened]... ppiness is to experience God’s divine love for ourselves, and to know that we are his.

Amen.
I love this...I gave it a rec.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
31 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Nemesio
!!!!!!!!!!

This is unOrthodox, you realize.
I'm not exactly an orthodox Christian.