1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 02:351 edit
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Yes but I'm saying it's a redundant argument.

Like my example - if fish had to live out of water, the same oxygen that they need in small amounts extracted from h20 would suffocate them to death in larger doses.

Do you not understand the reasoning?

We are here as a result of a sequence of events stemming from an unimaginably sudden & explosive ut we're working on it".

That is the difference between a closed mind & an open one.
    I'm glad to see you have cornered the market on having an opened mind. 😛

Are you suggesting that a divine influence for the Big Bang was impossible?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 03:561 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Did you read the web site?
    No. Mind showing us the relevant parts? I reference websites all the time, but I try not to tell people to look at a website if they challenge something I said. I like to argue my own points, often using support from other sources, but still argue them myself. I expect the same from others.

If you can't be bothered I will just assume you don't understand your own reference.

Why do I take that position? Because your webpage is five screens long and has links all over the place. I'm not going to deeply analyze all that if you're not willing to make any effort.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 04:031 edit
    The idea that the universe is "fine tuned" is not a fact. It is a speculation that if certain things were different then there would be certain consequences including no life of any sort. Facts do not take the form of "if X happens, Y results" unless this has been experimentally verified, and even then, the actual facts would be that Y resulted on specific occasions which were observed by people running controlled scientific experiments. The abstraction that Y will always result if X is not fact; it's a hypothesis.
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 13:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    ...Are you suggesting that a divine influence for the Big Bang was impossible?
    It is possible, yes.
    I'm just saying that it is impossible to know & there is no evidence to support your theory.

Do you accept the possibility, however small, that God may not exist?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 23:031 edit
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is admmitted difficult for me to do so. It is difficult to entertain the thought that Jesus Christ never lived.

Let me ask you. Can you accept the possibility, however small, that maybe some one could have experienced or know something that you have not known or experienced, or have not yet known or experienced?

Could you accept the possibility that, with God, there is such a thing as someone knowing what they are talking about?
  6. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 05:25
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is admmitted difficult for me to do so. It is difficult to entertain the thought that Jesus Christ never lived.

Let me ask you. Can you accept the possibility, however small, that maybe some one ...[text shortened]... ossibility that, with God, there is such a thing as someone knowing what they are talking about?[/b]
    Of course there is the possibility that God exists.
    I just think it is extremely unlikley.

I think it is almost impossible that it/he/she/they is/are remotely anything like the God(s) portrayed in the Bible or whichever belief system you prescribe to.
  7. DonationQuirine
    Tovenaar
    Dieren
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 09:15
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Of course there is the possibility that God exists.
    I just think it is extremely unlikley.

I think it is almost impossible that it/he/she/they is/are remotely anything like the God(s) portrayed in the Bible or whichever belief system you prescribe to.
    What/how would God be according to you to be possible?
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 12:30
    Originally posted by Quirine
    What/how would God be according to you to be possible?
    I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking.
    I personally think that if "God" exists as such, then it is whatever is responsible for the singularity which set in motion the big bang.

I do not have any reason to think therefore, that God is concerned with (or indeed aware of) beings that evolved on a planet orbiting a remarkably unremarkable white drawf in an utterly random edge of a spiral in one of several million observable galaxies each containing millions of similar stars.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree