1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 00:49
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Oh... and I should note...

This argument applies equally to the claim that the universe was created 6~10 ka ago...

As some on this forum are wont to claim.

EDIT: [ which using plank units and using the probability mass of the entire 4ka error bars gives a probability of the order
    of 1e-58 ( or appx 1 in 10 trillion quadrillion quadrillion quadrillion ) .... And people wonder why I don't believe in creationism]
    I don't wonder. I think it is because you are ignorant. 😏
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 00:54
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    This can't be proven wrong. Care to state your point?
    When confronted by a belief system biased on an omnipotent god or gods ANY suggestion that the god or gods don't exist can and is refuted by those with that belief system using the same logic I have used. I was interested to see how those who do believe without question that there is a god would respond to their own argument techniques. It was an attempt to side step evidence and focus on the thinking process itself and to determine how reasonable that process is without any bias.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 01:081 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod
    When confronted by a belief system biased on an omnipotent god or gods ANY suggestion that the god or gods don't exist can and is refuted by those with that belief system using the same logic I have used. I was interested to see how those who do believe without question that there is a god would respond to their own argument techniques. It was an attempt to s ...[text shortened]... n the thinking process itself and to determine how reasonable that process is without any bias.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I found the first sentence unclear.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 01:35
    Ummm...let's just say that you like to think you did.
    No, lets not.

If you have a problem with my argument then by all means express it and we can discuss it.

Telling me you think I'm wrong but not saying why is non-constructive and just trolling.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 01:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't wonder. I think it is because you are ignorant. 😏
    What is it with creationists and the "I'm rubber and your glue" game?

Projecting your failings onto me (or frankly anyone else) really just wont work.

You are provably ignorant and you do a fantastic job of demonstrating that to everyone here on a near daily basis.

I'm not.

That's not to say I know everything, or any other stupid claim like that.

Its just that your knowledge of the world falls so far below the level that should reasonable be expected of an adult
    in the western world that you should (and do) get ridiculed and labelled ignorant for it.

Mine doesn't.

And unlike you I know there is still an awful lot I don't know AND I AM TRYING TO DO STUFF ABOUT THAT.

I'm still trying to learn new things, you seem determined to erase what little knowledge you ever had.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 01:43
    I concur... I couldn't make out what OdBod meant either.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 01:502 edits
    No, lets not.

If you have a problem with my argument then by all means express it and we can discuss it.

Telling me you think I'm wrong but not saying why is non-constructive and just trolling.
    Not trolling. You responded to my post to OdBod referring to a claim you made earlier. My response to you was to indicate that I disagreed with your claim, but wasn't interested in delving into it. Fair enough?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 01:511 edit
    Ummm...let's just say that you like to think you did.
    Oops. Wrong post reply.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 01:52
    He meant that he had a vision, in which he was transported back in time to one hour after God had finished His creations. That would be a little over 6,000 years ago. 😏
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 02:02
    What is it with creationists and the "I'm rubber and your glue" game?

Projecting your failings onto me (or frankly anyone else) really just wont work.

You are provably ignorant and you do a fantastic job of demonstrating that to everyone here on a near daily basis.

I'm not.

That's not to say I know everything, or any other stupid claim like ...[text shortened]... ng to learn new things, you seem determined to erase what little knowledge you ever had.
    What you think you know about the age of the universe and how it was created is a result of your distorted mind of ignorance. 😏
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 02:06
    Not trolling. You responded to my post to OdBod referring to a claim you made earlier. My response to you was to indicate that I disagreed with your claim, but wasn't interested in delving into it. Fair enough?
    Well I obviously can't make you tell me what you think is wrong with my argument/position,
    or discuss it with me.

But I have to say it's frustrating (for someone other than a whackaloon) to declare that they
    think I'm wrong and then not say why or discuss it.

I mean can you not even give me a hint as to what you don't like about my argument?
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 02:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What you think you know about the age of the universe and how it was created is a result of your distorted mind of ignorance. 😏
    Seriously all you are doing is describing yourself to me.

You are disagreeing with the entire scientific establishment, and mountains of observations
    all telling you you are wrong.

You can't even manage to formulate a basic non-circular logically valid argument.

And you think calling other people ignorant will get you somewhere.

Science doesn't know everything. Religion doesn't know anything.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 02:131 edit
    Seriously all you are doing is describing yourself to me.

You are disagreeing with the entire scientific establishment, and mountains of observations
    all telling you you are wrong.

You can't even manage to formulate a basic non-circular logically valid argument.

And you think calling other people ignorant will get you somewhere.

Science doesn't know everything. Religion doesn't know anything.
    But God knows everything!!!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 02:17
    Well I obviously can't make you tell me what you think is wrong with my argument/position,
    or discuss it with me.

But I have to say it's frustrating (for someone other than a whackaloon) to declare that they
    think I'm wrong and then not say why or discuss it.

I mean can you not even give me a hint as to what you don't like about my argument?
    Think of it this way. If I were interested in discussing it with you, I would have responded to the post in which you made the claim. If you hadn't responded to my post to OdBod declaring that you had proved it earlier, I would have said nothing. It's not like my response to you was unprompted. Make sense?
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 02:28
    Think of it this way. If I were interested in discussing it with you, I would have responded to the post in which you made the claim. If you hadn't responded to my post to OdBod declaring that you had proved it earlier, I would have said nothing. It's not like my response to you was unprompted. Make sense?
    Yes. But you post directly contradicted what I had just said on the same page of the same thread.

You clearly and emphatically contradicted my post in a thread I was active in.

Actually thinking about it not responding to me in the context seems a little insulting.
    You took the trouble to tell me you think I'm wrong but didn't bother to address the comment to me
    but instead "imparted your wisdom" to someone else...

If a group of people were having a conversation and you just wandered by, and contradicted what
    someone had just said but you directed your statement to someone else in the conversation would
    you not expect to get a response from the person you just contradicted?

If you were not prepared to back up your claim that "This can't be proven wrong." why did you make it?

The claim in the op absolutely can be proven wrong. I just did.

If you are going to disagree out loud then have the curtsey to back it up with arguments and reasoning.

As I say if you don't want to talk about it I can't make you and wont try.

But next time before you decide to make an assertion like that directly contradicting someone else you might
    want to consider having the curtsey to actually back up your claims and direct them to the person you are
    contradicting.

Make sense?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree