God botherers - are you insane?

God botherers - are you insane?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
22 Nov 05

"Therefore, a dog could be God, for all he knows"
How can a Dog be God? If the dog thinks he is God, then it is mistaken. Deluded. Like you.
Mabey the little green man was taking this dog to circus?

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by David C
However, Howie simply pointed out an apparent similarity between clinically diagnosed psychoses and observed behaviours of rabid believers. From there, it devolved into a shouting match, and an attempted threadjacking. You might not agree with his approach or his choice of words...but I have yet to see any christian 'readily acknowledge' the shortcomings of their chosen religion. At least, not in this forum.
You will find "apparent" similarities between clinically diagnosed psychoses and observed behaviours of "rabid" followers of anything - political parties, rock bands, TV shows, fashion trends etc.

Even if his analysis holds true, I don't see why any Christian has to "readily acknowledge" the shortcomings of the Christian faith as a result. The problem is with the followers - not with what they're supposed to be following.

Both you and I know that howard hasn't the vaguest intention of having a rational discussion about the topic - let's just cut the cr@p and call it what it is - pure mudslinging.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by howardgee
Sigh...

OK..let's play the game....

What evidence do you have that Jesus is real?
I still believe.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by lucifershammer
You will find "apparent" similarities between clinically diagnosed psychoses and observed behaviours of "rabid" followers of anything - political parties, rock bands, TV shows, fashion trends etc.

Yes. You'll notice, I stopped short of stating "rabid believers of Christianity".

Even if his analysis holds true, I don't see why any Christian has to "readily acknowledge" the shortcomings of the Christian faith as a result. The problem is with the followers - not with what they're supposed to be following.

I don't suppose they do...but that was Hal's suggestion, not mine.

The problem may be the 'follower', but there has to be an element of responsibilty with the 'followed'. How are school shootings in which the shooter professes that satanic deathmetal drove him to kill any different than James Kopp sniping a doctor because of his beliefs in Jesus?

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
22 Nov 05

Compare and contrast (If your brain can cope):

I met a man the other day who said that a little green dwarf had saved humanity. When I asked for proof about this little green dwarf, the man simply told me to ask the little green dwarf myself.
However there was no little green dwarf to be seen.

This is of course an analogy to your 'reasoning' and ...[text shortened]... you accuse me of being a clown. (Which is totally ironic - look this up too if you are a Yank)
O.K. then....
Let's continue the game.
-Why would I want you to become a Christian?

h

Cosmos

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by windmill
O.K. then....
Let's continue the game.
This is not continuing this game, it is starting a new one.

For your information, I was once a Christian (indoctinated like all other Xstians), but I got older and wiser and saw the light.

Now I am trying to help others see through the darkness of religious dogma.

h

Cosmos

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

I still believe.
Exactly.

This is what mkes you insane - you can come up with no evidence of God's existence, and no arguments, but simply fall back on blind faith.

You may as well believe in the giant cockroach or little green man.

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05

Exactly.

This is what mkes you insane - you can come up with no evidence of God's existence, and no arguments, but simply fall back on blind faith.

You may as well believe in the giant cockroach or little green man.
At some point, all knowledge depends on blind faith - even if it is only our senses.

h

Cosmos

Moves
22 Nov 05

Even if his analysis holds true, I don't see why any Christian has to "readily acknowledge" the shortcomings of the Christian faith [i]as a resul ...[text shortened]... discussion about the topic - let's just cut the cr@p and call it what it is - pure mudslinging.
It has become apparent that it is impossible to have rational discussions with brain washed parrots such as yourself.
That is why I amuse myself with justified insults.

h

Cosmos

Moves
22 Nov 05

At some point, all knowledge depends on blind faith - even if it is only our senses.
What a moronic statement!

Is seeing things blind faith?

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05

It has become apparent that it is impossible to have rational discussions with brain washed parrots such as yourself.
"Justified insults"? LOL

Apparently, other people on the forum have no problems conducting rational discussions with this brain-washed parrot. So, as the Good Rabbi says, perhaps you should be taking the log out of your own eye before pointing out the mote in mine.

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05

What a moronic statement!

Is seeing things blind faith?
How do you know you can see at all?

Think Matrix.

h

Cosmos

Moves
22 Nov 05

How do you know you can see at all?

Think Matrix.
What, you are using a second rate film to justify your arguments now?

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
23 Nov 05

O.K. then....
Let's continue the game.
Play the game chicken!

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
23 Nov 05

ROTFL 😞