God and drugs.

God and drugs.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Jan 17

Originally posted by sonship
Taking a known natural medical method of health improvement is not bad in itself. Paul instructed Timothy to take a little wine for the sake of his frequent stomach aliments.

But there is a difference between placing on one of man's band-aids to perhaps deal with tghe symptom of a problem, and surrendering one's whole life to Jesus Christ to deal with th ...[text shortened]... l the future that you will ever know, this is the way to radically go to the root of the matter.
I just got to "take a little wine for stomach ailments" lol.
Are you nuts repeating that? It totally makes you seem like a Christian plebiscite

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Jan 17

Originally posted by Eladar
I knew a guy who was a druggy who used to break into homes to fund his habit. He got into an auto accident and became mentally retarded. He was no longer a drug addict and stopped being a thief.
I know several "druggies" who respect the laws (which affects others directly) much more vehemently than so called non-druggies.

E

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I know several "druggies" who respect the laws (which affects others directly) much more vehemently than so called non-druggies.
Typical Libtard, decide for yourself what is legal. If Obama does it, why not everyone?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Jan 17
1 edit

Typical Libtard, decide for yourself what is legal. If Obama does it, why not everyone?
Classic!!

Why don't you add "new age hippy" to that.

You believe in design, don't you?
It's more than just what I believe-it's also the facts. 2 important ones

1.no one has died from weed
2.All animals "above" sea sponges have cannabanoid recoptors.
(And the omniscient point that hemp could help the world more than any other plant, but lets just start with 2 🙂 )

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Jan 17

Typical fearful Christian-let others make laws for you. You're a slave bud

E

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Typical fearful Christian-let others make laws for you. You're a slave bud
Following the law of the land makes you a slave. I can see how Obama fits that point of view.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Jan 17

Following the law of the land makes you a slave. I can see how Obama fits that point of view.
This from the religion that brought us "We ought to obey God rather than men". You do realize that even though you say "God", we know it's really you. 🙄

E

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
This from the religion that brought us "We ought to obey God rather than men". You do realize that even though you say "God", we know it's really you. 🙄
Funny.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by OdBod
Take habitual rapists for example,if through the use of medicine this can be overcome,how would a god judge this individual given that the original individual's tendencies are being masked?
Alternatively, and this has happened, people have had brain injuries which have altered their personalities. So is the person judged on what they were like before the injury or after? This seems to be a larger problem than drugs, since with drugs either they make the choice to take them (if we are thinking of a heroine addict becoming an habitual criminal) or they were rapine before they were forced to take the drug, so they had already made the wrong moral choices. However, in the case of someone with a brain injury, they did not choose to be brain damaged and are now changed by an external influence, so it is not clear to me how divine judgement should operate.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by DeepThought
Alternatively, and this has happened, people have had brain injuries which have altered their personalities. So is the person judged on what they were like before the injury or after? This seems to be a larger problem than drugs, since with drugs either they make the choice to take them (if we are thinking of a heroine addict becoming an habitual crimi ...[text shortened]... changed by an external influence, so it is not clear to me how divine judgement should operate.
I'd hope an all knowing omniscient God would take that into account on Judgement Day.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I'd hope an all knowing omniscient God would take that into account on Judgement Day.
Well yes, but, if the soul is responsible for the actions of the material body then it is responsible for the actions of the good personality before the accident but also for the bad personality after. The difficulty is that an account of human spirituality based around souls being separate from the mind has to either accept that people can be made evil without making their own moral decision or they have to have an account where the "true" individual died during the accident (the soul left the body) and the now evil personality is a sort of soulless revenant. Neither horn of the dilemma is particularly appealing.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by DeepThought
Alternatively, and this has happened, people have had brain injuries which have altered their personalities. So is the person judged on what they were like before the injury or after? This seems to be a larger problem than drugs, since with drugs either they make the choice to take them (if we are thinking of a heroine addict becoming an habitual crimi ...[text shortened]... changed by an external influence, so it is not clear to me how divine judgement should operate.
Perhaps the brain injury was God's way of saving them.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Jan 17

I know who Obama is but I really don't know why you brought him up.

There is a new film about his early life (played by an Aussie),maybe after I watch that I'll get you a bit more
(You know I'm not american,right? )

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Jan 17
1 edit

Funny.
You find this funny? Is that a defence mechanism or just pure denial?
What he said was sad....very sad