Get lost

Get lost

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
11 Jul 07

Originally posted by vistesd
Have you read his account of a sesshin at Shokoko-ji? I have a reference if you want. (Seriously, I think I have just about everything between bindings by Snyder up to The Practice of the Wild. Also, a good bit of Merwin, who is/was also into Zen—and who is my odds-up for poet between the two: I am always more into the lyricist, as opposed to the i ...[text shortened]... ave you read Kerouac's On the Road? "Japhy Ryder" in that book is Gary Snyder.
Yah, I'd appreciate the references if you can PM them to me. I eat that stuff up. I haven't read On the Road, I'll have to check it out.

Ah, Hafiz -- he might be my favorite of all. That's a lifeboat well worth the jump overboard.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Jul 07

Originally posted by LemonJello
Wait, so Jesus is already looking for me even though I am not yet lost?
Oh you're lost all right. You just don't know it.

L

Moves
11 Jul 07

Originally posted by josephw
Oh you're lost all right. You just don't know it.
So you know I'm lost already and yet you assert I should get lost? Value coherency much?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Jul 07

So you know I'm lost already and yet you assert I should get lost? Value coherency much?
You see? You are lost. If you were coherent you would know that when I say "get lost", within the context of this thread, I'm saying you need to "know" your lost.
When you "know" you're lost, then Jesus will find you. And then you can trust him to save you.
Pretty simple isn't it?

L

Moves
11 Jul 07

You see? You are lost. If you were coherent you would know that when I say "get lost", within the context of this thread, I'm saying you need to "know" your lost.
When you "know" you're lost, then Jesus will find you. And then you can trust him to save you.
Pretty simple isn't it?
Value unequivocal discourse much?

I'm still wondering why I would care to be saved. What would I be doing for all eternity? Sounds like a prescription for profound boredom. What's the alternative anyway: is it just cessation of my self, or is it a state of persistent suffering?

w

Moves
11 Jul 07

Value unequivocal discourse much?

I'm still wondering why I would care to be saved. What would I be doing for all eternity? Sounds like a prescription for profound boredom. What's the alternative anyway: is it just cessation of my self, or is it a state of persistent suffering?
If the Biblical God is God then he is the source of all life and all love. Therefore, to be cut off would be to embrace (_______) You fill in the blank. 😉

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
11 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Think about it for a second. What does "getting saved" imply? Is it not that we are in some sort of danger or lack something of great importance? It then stands to reason that if one does not believe there to be danger and/or there is nothing one can do about the danger then that someone will not seek to be "saved".
Salvation implies getting well. Escaping from the mad monkey tyrant.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Jul 07

Pretty simple isn't it?
But in order to realize that you need to realize that you are lost you must first realize that you are lost. Do you honestly believe for one moment that you telling me I am lost is going to make me realize it?

Luckily for me, I know the TRUTH! It is you that is LOST and the only way you can be SAVED it if you realize that you are LOST and then become an atheist! But since you are so lost, you will not realize you are lost and so can never be saved. I feel sorry for you in your predicament but there is nothing I can do about it because you are so lost that you are convinced that you are found (the worst kind of LOST that there is) and you wont even listen to me.