Gay or what?

Gay or what?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ii

Moves
22 Nov 06

Can anyone prove tht Jesus Christ was not a homosexual, as i have just read the bible and it said he was a "lover of men"

E

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by iraqi insurgent
Can anyone prove tht Jesus Christ was not a homosexual, as i have just read the bible and it said he was a "lover of men"
thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. of course he loves men but not in that way, and "men" could mean "mankind"

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. of course he loves men but not in that way, and "men" could mean "mankind"
You don't think it's open to interpretation then?
I mean, he did surround himself with the disciples...all of whom were men....

Coincidence?

E

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by shavixmir
You don't think it's open to interpretation then?
I mean, he did surround himself with the disciples...all of whom were men....

Coincidence?
you have to draw the line of "interpretation" somewhere, thats just ridiculous, possible, but ridiculous.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
22 Nov 06

you have to draw the line of "interpretation" somewhere, thats just ridiculous, possible, but ridiculous.
Turning water into wine and feeding 5000 people with 2 loaves of bread is less ridiculous than Jesus having gay sex?

E

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by shavixmir
Turning water into wine and feeding 5000 people with 2 loaves of bread is less ridiculous than Jesus having gay sex?
he IS god's son.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
22 Nov 06
2 edits

he IS god's son.
That he is your god's son might well have made him think he was entitled to be a sausage-jockey

E

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by Agerg
That he is your god's son might well have made him think he was entitled to be a sausage-jockey
listen to your self, you are saying jesus is gay, im not debating over this anymore because there is nothing to debate about it.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
22 Nov 06
1 edit

listen to your self, you are saying jesus is gay, im not debating over this anymore because there is nothing to debate about it.
Actually I made the suggestion that he *might* have been gay...what you don't understand EV is that not all of us have the same reverence for this over-exaggerated human referred to as Jesus, your imaginary deity referred to as God, or that story book referred to as the Bible

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
22 Nov 06

I don't remember what thread it was in, but one of the fundies was asserting that all people were
female, because Jesus is married to His Church, Jesus the groom, the Church His bride.

Although I think the idea that Jesus was gay is absurd, this puts that nutter's idea in a whole
different perspective.

Nemesio

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
22 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Nemesio
I don't remember what thread it was in, but one of the fundies was asserting that all people were
female, because Jesus is married to His Church, Jesus the groom, the Church His bride.

Although I think the idea that Jesus was gay is absurd, this puts that nutter's idea in a whole
different perspective.

Nemesio
I would have thought this post was more of a satirical one as opposed to being a true position taken by someone...though I could be wrong of course.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by Agerg
I would have thought this post was more of a satirical one as opposed to being a true position taken by someone...though I could be wrong of course.
I'm as serious as cancer. Someone (recently) was asserting that all human beings were essentially
female in the eyes of God, because they comprise 'His Church' of which 'Jesus is the groom.'

I can't freaking find it, though. I didn't post in it because I just couldn't get over the overwhelming
sense that I would be wasting my time.

Nemesio

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Nov 06

Well, what's the alternative? Would you characterize Jesus as being heterosexual?

I

Moves
22 Nov 06

I thought Jesus was shagging Mary Magdelene?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nemesio
I'm as serious as cancer. Someone (recently) was asserting that all human beings were essentially
female in the eyes of God, because they comprise 'His Church' of which 'Jesus is the groom.'

I can't freaking find it, though. I didn't post in it because I just couldn't get over the overwhelming
sense that I would be wasting my time.

Nemesio
sorry...I made a mistake (meant to say 'thread' (ie: this one) as opposed to 'post'😉

I myself have trouble seeing where the assertion that in a certain god's eyes all humans are female would be en effective argument. (Is not one that I would try)