Fruit O' Ministry Meter: the Spirituality foru...

Fruit O' Ministry Meter: the Spirituality foru...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
28 May 07
3 edits

Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
No, I'll bite here. The context in which that quote was uttered was one in which I perceived defensiveness from epiphinehas, as if he couldn't trust me to engage in honest debate. Whether I perceived that correctly or not, I decided to let him know I'd fight fair, so to speak. I have not tried to trick him in that thread, nor to make him feel like an idio 4:26-27 takes a dim view of that, and of your silly anger.

And the count's still zero.
Christian venom?

You're the one with post after post to air your hostilities toward the Christian faith.

So now your "Fruit Meter" thing here is to taunt further. As if majority won over is the point.

By your standards wouldn't Jesus have been not too successful? After three and a half years of healing people and teaching people and signs and wonders - He was only left with 120 in the room waiting for the Holy Spirit.

God can accomplish His purpose with a remnant. So taunt on "You don't have very many on your side" if it makes you feel good.

I consider rather what Gideon was able to do with 300 rather than the entire nation of Israel in the book of Judges.

j

Moves
28 May 07

And the count's still zero.

You don't know what the count is.

Secondly, I am really not interested in winning arguments for the sake of winning arguments.

What I find profitable is that as a result of some discussion some one just might go back and read the Bible more carefully for themselves.

You see the Bible has a perculiar effect on some people. I find that the less some people read it the more they consider themselves an expert on it.

j

Moves
28 May 07

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The tacit assumption (and behind all apologetics, for that matter) is that some non-believers are going to read the postings here, and that these postings will have some sort of positive impact on them. Eventually, this is supposed to lead to a decision toward faith, right?

Well, where is it, folks?

Who here has actually converted to Christianity as a result (in whole or in part) of the wrangling in here?

++++++++++++++++

The foolish remarks of skeptics is often the catalyst to cause people to take the gospel more seriously.

I remember going into hearing arguments which led me to think "I may have my problems with the Bible. But I don't want to be like that guy."

Some skeptics help people to take a closer look at the Bible. Maybe if we believers kept quiet the skeptics would do more work of evangelism for us by some of thier foolish remarks.

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
28 May 07

Originally posted by jaywill
Maybe if we believers kept quiet the skeptics would do more work of evangelism for us by some of thier foolish remarks.
Try.

j

Moves
28 May 07
1 edit

Try.
OK.

For the next 20 posts on this discussion.

Explain to the people why you are alive and why you are here on this earth. What is the purpose of your life?

I keep out of it. The floor is all yours. Tell us why you live and what the meaning of your life here on earth is.

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
28 May 07

Originally posted by jaywill
OK.

For the next 20 posts on this discussion.

Explain to the people why you are alive and why you are here on this earth. What is the purpose of your life?

I keep out of it. The floor is all yours. Tell us why you live and what the meaning of your life here on earth is.
Oh no. You don't get to give marching orders, or to give any kind of ordering shape to what us "skeptics" say. You get to be quiet, and let us talk ourselves.

That was what you suggested.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 May 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I don't know of any such cases. However, two former Christians have reported becoming atheists due in large part to this forum.
Ah, 2 down, 1,999,998 to go.

j

Moves
29 May 07

Oh no. You don't get to give marching orders, or to give any kind of ordering shape to what us "skeptics" say. You get to be quiet, and let us talk ourselves.

That was what you suggested.
Not marching orders. I am asking you now.

You may say "Ask, but I won't do it" for whatever reason.

I might think then that you cannot do it. I would even respectfully accept you admiting that you do not know why you are here and what the purpose of your life is.

My point is that some people will notice that you have nothing superior to the teaching of Jesus though you trash His teaching. My guess is that some people will go back to see what they can find about this in the Bible.

Oh, I will grant you that I do get into a bad mood sometimes. I agree and I will try not to in the future.

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
22 Jun 07

Since a thread just got created to count some folks, I thought I'd revive this one.

Any takers yet?

Remember, now it's "how many people who have become Christians would cite this forum as a positive influence on their decision to convert?"

Anybody?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jun 07

Since a thread just got created to count some folks, I thought I'd revive this one.

Any takers yet?

Remember, now it's "how many people who have become Christians would cite this forum as a positive influence on their decision to convert?"

Anybody?
You don't think it can be done?

R
Saved by grace.

State of Denial.

Moves
23 Jun 07

Has anyone actually become a devout believer of xianity as a result of the discussion in here?

The tacit assumption (and behind all apologetics, for that matter) is that some non-believers are going to read the postings here, and that these postings will have some sort of positive impact on them. Eventually, this is supposed to lead to a decision towar ...[text shortened]... s actually converted to Christianity as a result (in whole or in part) of the wrangling in here?
Most people are converted because of events in their life and the influence of christian friends. This forum is more like a man who lives in my town who on the weekends preaches at people driving by on a busy street using a bullhorn.

May God bless him for doing that, but I question his effectiveness.

I became a christian because of a friend of mine, who was my Tae Kwon Do instructor at the time.