Forum etiquette

Forum etiquette

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Galveston75, this thread is about "forum etiquette", do you know what that means?
then take it to general spanklberger, this here is for spirituality, not your droolin!

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by Nick Bourbaki
I don't see much evidence of sugar coating. Wouldn't "sugar coating" just be a form of etiquette? In fact I don't quite see how you can complain of "sugar coating" here AND suggest that it's a "snake pit" at the same time. Loads of discussion goes on here that is conducted in a real and thoughtful way, as you'd realize if you participated more.
I have participated here... and there's a reason why I rarely visit this forum anymore. A sugar coated snake is still a snake... it doesn't become some other critter just because it follows "the rules" of etiquette.

Jesus called the religious leaders of his day a brood of vipers. IYO was it wrong of him to characterize them in this way? He obviously wasn't following the prescribed rules of etiquette when addressing this prestigious group of self idolizers.

NB
Son of FMF

In front of the TV

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by lemon lime
I have participated here... and there's a reason why I rarely visit this forum anymore. A sugar coated snake is still a snake... it doesn't become some other critter just because it follows "the rules" of etiquette.

But the discussion here is about "etiquette". Are you conceding the fact that for the most part this forum conducts itself in a way that follows the rules of etiquette? That is the topic here after all.

Jesus called the religious leaders of his day a brood of vipers. IYO was it wrong of him to characterize them in this way? He obviously wasn't following the prescribed rules of etiquette when addressing this prestigious group of self idolizers.

So you are clearly using the word "snake" as a Christian metaphor, then. In which case your comments about "Forum etiquette" here are not really about "etiquette" at all, but you are just saying you disagree with some other posters' beliefs? Am I understanding you right?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
19 Mar 14
1 edit

[b]I have participated here... and there's a reason why I rarely visit this forum anymore. A sugar coated snake is still a snake... it doesn't become some other critter just because it follows "the rules" of etiquette.

But the discussion here is about "etiquette". Are you conceding the fact that for the most part this forum conducts itself in a ...[text shortened]... you are just saying you disagree with some other posters' beliefs? Am I understanding you right?[/b]
Most of the time it serves a useful purpose, but just like anything else it can become too important, and lead to unnecessary restrictions. IMO a heavy reliance on etiquette is for people who are more concerned about good form rather than substance. This is just my opinion... you can take it or leave it, take it with a grain of salt, or try dragging it out until I lose interest.

Am I understanding you right?

No

NB
Son of FMF

In front of the TV

Moves
19 Mar 14

Most of the time it serves a useful purpose, but just like anything else it can become too important, and lead to unnecessary restrictions. IMO a heavy reliance on etiquette is for people who are more concerned about good form rather than substance. This is just my opinion... you can take it or leave it, take it with a grain of salt, or try dragging it out long after I've lost interest.
So you are using an ostensibly bipartisan discussion topic, regarding how this little community conducts itself, to score a few points against people with whom you have differences over spiritual matters, when you could do this on pretty much any other thread devoted to such discussion? That seems like not very good etiquette on your part. 🙂

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Mar 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I could not care less about people having multiple accounts.

And he isn't trolling at all. A troll is someone who only cares about evoking an emotional reaction and will make up any BS to get it. The stuff he's saying about you is bang on.

You have no obligation to respond to any of us here. The sooner you realize that and take a hike, the better for us all.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Mar 14

Walked into a good one to night LOL :-)

Manny

NB
Son of FMF

In front of the TV

Moves
19 Mar 14

I have participated here... and there's a reason why I rarely visit this forum anymore.
You pop in, blurt out that people are snakes and vipers and then run away. Mmmm. I'm not sure the forum will miss your participation all that much, unless you can be a bit more "real and thoughtful", as you yourself put it! LOL! 🙂

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by menace71
Walked into a good one to night LOL :-)

Manny
Yeah, nothing like a thread on etiquette to work up a good chair-swinging, bloody-fisted brawl. 🙂

NB
Son of FMF

In front of the TV

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Yeah, nothing like a thread on etiquette to work up a good chair-swinging, bloody-fisted brawl. 🙂
Vipers and snakes with fists? You'll be one of them evilutionsts then!
😕

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
then take it to general spanklberger, this here is for spirituality, not your droolin!
Feel free to employee your favourite "ignore" prerogative, "shake the dust from your shoes", "hand over all apostates to satan" or pull a "sickie" anytime you like.

rc

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Feel free to employee your favourite "ignore" prerogative, "shake the dust from your shoes", "hand over all apostates to satan" or pull a "sickie" anytime you like.
Feel free to post something worth reading any time you like.

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Feel free to post something worth reading any time you like.
Do you have anything to add to this thread about forum etiquette?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Mar 14

Vipers and snakes with fists? You'll be one of them evilutionsts then!
😕
Yes, but notice how I got someone else to mention the snakes. We evilutionists always disguise our nefarious agenda.

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Forum etiquette:
Limit your post to <200 words
Give précis of any links given
Don't overuse quote box
Stay on topic
Answer questions
Good summary.