for vishie

for vishie

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Jan 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
So you don't think they came back as someone else?
Yes always someone else but......(false identity only)

Because that someone else is only ego....which is false, the ego is not you, but only what you think you are.

When you die a man, and are born a women in your next life.........you believe you are a women, but this is false because you are really an eternal spiritual being.

You are really an eternal spiritual soul taking numerous different bodies and identifying each one as you.....because of illusion and ignorance.

Every time you are re-born you take on an identity, and it is always false, unless you live the spiritual life and find out what you true identity truly is.

Because the new birth comes with a different body and a different identity, you think you are a unique creation, ...... but the personality is nearly always the same because it carries on from the past life.

This is how you can have one child who is born loving, and another child who is born with a violent nature.

If you are a violent person when you die, you will have a violent nature when you are re-born.

Your body is dust and not the real self.

You are the soul in the body of dust.

The soul takes another birth, and as a baby it does not remember its past life.

It grows up and has to live again in this world of suffering.

And then it has to grow old again and die again.

If it were Hitler, then the soul has probably taken birth in the animal species and it is no longer Hitler, but for Hitlers Karma (very bad) he probably is now identifying as a worm.

He not thinking ...oh I am Hitler, why am I a worm....no.

He is thinking nothing, but where is food, where is shelter, where is safety from that big black crow that wants to eat me.

He,s identifying as a worm.

This is the predicament when persons live their life in ignorance and are violent towards others..........they have to spend time in the lower species of life for some time until they are afforded the opportunity to take birth as a human once more.

This is why it is very important when you have human form, to live the spiritual life and realize what you really are, and develop love for God.

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
26 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by vishvahetu
You know that what they are presenting is foolishness and absurd,......why defend it.

Why dont you also take the side of truth and correct teachings, and not false teachings.

You cannot say their false teachings are not false.

If you are honest you cannot support them with conviction.
"You know that what they are presenting is foolishness and absurd,......why defend it."
I don't defend what I see as foolish. Show me where you think I did that.

"Why don't you also take the side of truth and correct teachings, and not false teachings".
Because it is often not so clear who is right or wrong. Most of the time I feel we all have a part of the cosmic cake in our hands and shouldn't fight so much about who is right or wrong.

"You cannot say their false teachings are not false."
Of course, one cannot say that. The problem is what is truly false? You claim to know what is right and from that point you call anything else false. I have a different view on that matter.

"If you are honest you cannot support them with conviction."
I do not support (share) such views ; but I defend the right to have such views. That has nothing to do with (dis)honesty.
Thoughts of Taoism, Buddhism and Vedanta are often closer to me than those of Christianity. But that doesn't mean that I classify Christians as dishonest people.

I think there are good non-religious arguments to find against animal cruelty that we can all share. Why do you want to turn it into religious fight? Do you believe it helps animals?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Jan 11

Originally posted by souverein
[b]"You know that what they are presenting is foolishness and absurd,......why defend it."
I don't defend what I see as foolish. Show me where you think I did that.

"Why don't you also take the side of truth and correct teachings, and not false teachings".
Because it is often not so clear who is right or wrong. Most of the time I feel we a ...[text shortened]... . Why do you want to turn it into religious fight? Do you believe it helps animals?[/b]
If I understand you correctly, you are championing freedom of speech to present any absurd teaching.

Are you saying that peoples false teachings, should be respected and not challenged.

Is this how we remove ignorance and change the world.....(dont think so)

Young people are influenced by what they hear, and if our religious figures present falsity it will misdirect them away from truth and they will die in ignorance and take birth again.

Should we all not challenge the false teachings of science and atheism.....I am one who will not accept them.

You are saying everyone deserves to be heard.........but I have heard everyone, and they are dishonest with their comments because they present absurd teachings.

They say things like the cosmos is manifesting without intelligence.

Or that you will go to hell for eternity, if you dont accept the man Jesus.

Or that animal cruelty is acceptable in the eyes of God.

They are dishonest because they cannot say any of theses things with conviction, but they say it in this forum because they are hiding behind a computer screen.

Not one person could stand behind what they are presenting.

They could not stand before ten thousand people and present their falsity, they would be too embarrassed.

Imagine that......a person standing before ten thousand people with a microphone, and stating that if they dont accept Jesus you will go to hell for eternity.

Or an atheist saying before ten thousand people,that their is no intelligence behind the workings of the cosmos, but it all came about by a random accident.

Or standing before ten thousand people and saying animal cruelty is not wrong.

They could not do it.....because it is all nonsense and they know it.

Therefore they are all dishonest.....and you also know it.

Z

Moves
26 Jan 11

If I understand you correctly, you are championing freedom of speech to present any absurd teaching.

Are you saying that peoples false teachings, should be respected and not challenged.

Young people are influenced by what they hear, and if our religious figures present falsi ...[text shortened]... is all nonsense and they know it.

The vedas are false teachings fabricated by evil men to lead humanity down the road to damnation.

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
26 Jan 11

Young people are influenced by what they hear, and if our religious figures present falsi ...[text shortened]... is all nonsense and they know it.

"If I understand you correctly, you are championing freedom of speech to present any absurd teaching. Are you saying that peoples false teachings, should be respected and not challenged."

No that is not what I was saying. You don't need to respect absurd statements; fight them with better arguments, but respect people, also when you are convinced their ideas are absurd.
Why should we disrespect each other when we disagree?

"Should we all not challenge the false teachings of science and atheism.....I am one who will not accept them."
There is no reason why you should accept teachings and philosophies you don't believe in. But accept people that hold different views.

"You are saying everyone deserves to be heard.........but I have heard everyone, and they are dishonest with their comments because they present absurd teachings."
That is how some people feel about your ideas and comments you are presenting. Does it mean that you are a dishonest person? I don't think so. Beings are more important than their ideologies.

"They say things like the cosmos is manifesting without intelligence."
Existence of cosmic intelligence is an open question for me. I accept that people have different opinions about this. I am interested to listen to their different arguments, not to their flaming.

"Or that you will go to hell for eternity, if you dont accept the man Jesus."
Doesn't really harm me when I don't believe in hell, does it? And I admit that I am not happy that children are brought up with such ideas. But again, fight the idea, not the person.

"Or that animal cruelty is acceptable in the eyes of God."
Times are changing. I don't think any religious person needs to be cruel to animals because their antique scriptures.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
26 Jan 11

Yes I scold persons who say that animal cruelty is acceptable.

I scold people who say that the cosmos has no intelligent directive.

Yes I scold people who falsely teach that persons will go to hell.

And I scold you for talking nonsense.
That's the first sensible thing you have written here in months.

Do you know that atheists believe your words written also?

You didn't mention that a God is needed to believe these words. They are simple humanity.

We atheists believe these things too! We are humane too.

Well if we weren't you'd be dead, through a religious war, cos there are more atheists on this planet than believers in God.

How does that grab you?

Z

Moves
26 Jan 11

There is no error in the bible. Even sucular people have done studies and say that there is .002% error to were in most other religous books have 10% error in it so they claim and these people are sucular people. And the error I am talking about is it the bible was changed.
Forgive me, but what is a sucular person? A baby?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
26 Jan 11

Originally posted by Zenarctic
Forgive me, but what is a sucular person? A baby?
Na! That's me with my wife late at night. Vishu vest would find that vehemently dusgusting cos he obviously has no idea about women. Everything he writes is sexist male talk. He has never mentioned the function of a woman. Never! He's either gay, or 12 years old with a GPA of 0.1

I was going to write further....... but it deserves a new contraversial thread. 🙂

Z

Moves
26 Jan 11

You are a comedic genius, aren't you? I love the way you do this whole christian certainty thing from within your own ropes. Beautifully ironic.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
26 Jan 11
1 edit

Yes I do, and it also fabricated and false.

The original bonafide religion for mankind is the Vedic teachings, which were existing long before the other substitute religions were fabricated by bewildered dishonest men.
Korhan you spelled it wrong it this is how you are spelling the muslim Bible Qu'ran if you google it.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Jan 11
1 edit

Korhan you spelled it wrong it this is how you are spelling the muslim Bible Qu'ran if you google it.
What are you going on about?

I have not presented this word, it was not my post.

Are you trying to fault find so badly that you invent things.

And I have the Qu,ran on my book shelf and it is spelt Koran for some people.

R

California

Moves
26 Jan 11
1 edit

What are you going on about?

I have not presented this word, it was not my post.

Are you trying to fault find so badly that you invent things.

And I have the Qu,ran on my book shelf and it is spelt Koran for some people.
go look back on page 2 of this thread. at the bottom.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jan 11

RB you should not try to correct others spelling LOL because yours is horrible.

Manny 🙂

PS I know mine is

R

California

Moves
27 Jan 11

Originally posted by menace71
RB you should not try to correct others spelling LOL because yours is horrible.

Manny 🙂

PS I know mine is
Sometimes I miss on the typing. And I don't like to use spell check. Its a shame really but I think they should start theaching text talk in school.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Jan 11

Originally posted by chappy1
Amen!
Does that word still have any 'clout' left? (serious question,,,though its open to hunour if you sish)