First Spirituality Forum thread...

First Spirituality Forum thread...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
28 Jun 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]First Spirituality Forum thread...

First Spirituality Forum thread ever posted was on a primitive cave wall many thousands of years ago:

"Who are we? Why are we here? Where are we going? How will we get there?" We're still replying to it.

Thoughts.[/b]
first of thousands, folks. take my word for it: a flood of Biblical proportions is on the way.

as for the cave wall question, i'll reply what i replied when you posted the exact same in General: the paintings are of prey animals and hunting scenes, potential predators, and animist spirit figures. if you want to claim that there is evidence of the deep philosophical questions you mentioned in that, please show some actual cave painting examples, and show how they relate to these questions. until then, it's just vague waffle.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
28 Jun 10

to Grammpy Bobby

I looked up those web sites, and found the Mere Christianity very interesting, but iam not sighning up thanks.

vishva

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Jun 10

Originally posted by josephw
Thanks for your input. 😕
Well , in the spirit of trying to be a bit more "spiritual" , how about some one give me a slightly more specifc idea of some of the key noums...please?

🙁

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by vishvahetu
to Grammpy Bobby

I looked up those web sites, and found the Mere Christianity very interesting, but iam not sighning up thanks.

vishva
Thought was that you might wish to purchase one or both of these inexpensive books.

Alternatively, you might call your local used book stores or public library. Kind regards.

.....................................................................................

j

Moves
28 Jun 10
1 edit

to Grammpy Bobby

Ok, the body we have is just a vessle, and we are the spiritual being within, and when we die we go on depending on our conciosness at the time of death to a new life, ( born again) you see the soul is eternal without beginning and end, and thats the good news.

We are here to exspress life and to live fully in loving relationship with others, and thats our only purpose to exist.

vishva
===================================
Ok, the body we have is just a vessle, and we are the spiritual being within, and when we die we go on depending on our conciosness at the time of death to a new life, ( born again) you see the soul is eternal without beginning and end, and thats the good news.

We are here to exspress life and to live fully in loving relationship with others, and thats our only purpose to exist.
===================================

In the Bible God's complete salvation covers all areas of the human being. Not only the spirit but the soul also. And not only the soul but the body also. The human spirit, the human soul, and the human body all are eternally glorified in Christ's salvation.

Right here:

"And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, withjout blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thess. 5:23)

Did you notice that ? God does not want a bodyless soul, however bright and good, to be floating around without its vessel.

That is why it speaks about the resurrection of the saved. That is why the NT speaks about the transfiguration of the body.

So God's salvation covers the entire human creation AND the environment of the humanity also.

I remember what a break through in my understanding and hope occured when I realized this. But reading carefully the word of God I came to understand that God's salvation was so complete. He saves the spirit of man, the soul of man, the body of man, and the environment of man's universe.

This freed me from an incomplete mysticism to a exceedingly practical and whole salvation in Jesus Christ.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jun 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Well , in the spirit of trying to be a bit more "spiritual" , how about some one give me a slightly more specifc idea of some of the key noums...please?

🙁
Read the spirituality forum. You'll get plenty of specific ideas.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
28 Jun 10

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]===================================

We are here to exspress life and to live fully in ...[text shortened]... m an incomplete mysticism to a exceedingly practical and whole salvation in Jesus Christ.
to jaywil

You talk of saved souls and unsaved souls, but that is erronious, because all souls are saved, because the nature of the soul is its eternal nature, and that cant change.

You talk about saved and salvation, but this is christian terminology, and its created by the christians because they believe in only one life for the soul, but this is false doctrine, because the eternal soul cannot have one life if it is eternal.

You believe that only through jesus, one can have immortal life, but this is false, even an atheist is an eternal being and immortal, and will have unlimited re-births without your figure head jesus.

vishva

j

Moves
28 Jun 10
1 edit

to jaywil

You talk of saved souls and unsaved souls, but that is erronious, because all souls are saved, because the nature of the soul is its eternal nature, and that cant change.

You talk about saved and salvation, but this is christian terminology, and its created by the christians because they believe in only one life for the soul, but this is f ...[text shortened]... being and immortal, and will have unlimited re-births without your figure head jesus.

vishva
=============================
=====================================

No. That is not true vish, IF you are talking in terms of the Bible.

Do you lust? Do you covet? Do you have self pity? Do you get jealous? Do you get angry without a cause so as to hurt someone?

These are all moods from which the human SOUL needs to be saved. Now the SOUL of Jesus Christ expressed normality. He is what God meant by "human soul".

Do you love anything more than God ? Then that is a sign that your SOUL needs to be saved. The SOUL of Jesus Christ the Son of God, loved His Father with all of His mind, all of His strength, all of His might, all of His heart. That was a NORMAL SOUL.

IF we fall short of that then we are abnormal. Something has damaged our soul and it needs a salvation.

=======================================
You talk about saved and salvation, but this is christian terminology, and its created by the christians because they believe in only one life for the soul, but this is false doctrine, because the eternal soul cannot have one life if it is eternal.
=======================================

Are you talking about reincarnation ? Are you talking about Hinduism?

Yes, I am speaking from the standpoint of the Gospel Message of the Christian New Testament.

I think there is some amount of truth in most of the world's great beliefs. I do not like to speak against the beliefs of others. I like to speak FOR the Gospel of Christ when it comes up.

====================================
You believe that only through jesus, one can have immortal life, but this is false, even an atheist is an eternal being and immortal, and will have unlimited re-births without your figure head jesus.
==========================================

You should ASK me what I believe vish.

I believe that only through Jesus can YOU and I have eternal life.
Regeneration in Christ, transformation in Christ, and transfiguration in Christ make reincarnation uncessary even if it were true.

In Christ all the new birth, new beginning, new creation one needs is in Him.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jun 10

to jaywil

You talk about saved and salvation, but this is christian terminology, and its created by the christians because they believe in only one life for the soul, but this is f ...[text shortened]... being and immortal, and will have unlimited re-births without your figure head jesus.

vishva
"You talk of saved souls and unsaved souls, but that is erronious, because all souls are saved, because the nature of the soul is its eternal nature, and that cant change."

You say that all souls are saved because the nature of the soul is eternal. On what authority do you base this conclusion? Your own?

"You talk about saved and salvation, but this is christian terminology, and its created by the christians because they believe in only one life for the soul, but this is false doctrine, because the eternal soul cannot have one life if it is eternal."

No sir. The source of the Christian's authority is God's word. God's word is explicit concerning the soul in spite of what we may think. If you are going to say something is "false doctrine", then it is incumbent upon you to cite the source of authority from which you draw your conclusion.

"You believe that only through jesus, one can have immortal life, but this is false, even an atheist is an eternal being and immortal, and will have unlimited re-births without your figure head jesus."

Again, cite the source of authority from which you draw this conclusion.

We Christians cite the Bible. The Bible contains the word of God. The word of God is the final authority for all matters concerning life and living, where we came from, and where we're going.

All others have only themselves or other men to believe.

Can you understand the difference?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
29 Jun 10

[b]"You talk of saved souls and unsaved souls, but that is erronious, because all souls are saved, because the nature of the soul is its eternal nature, and that cant change."

You say that all souls are saved because the nature of the soul is eternal. On what authority do you base this conclusion? Your own?

"You talk about saved and salvation ...[text shortened]... have only themselves or other men to believe.

Can you understand the difference?
to josephw

What is your authority, could it be the bible that claims persons who do not call out to jesus burn in hell.

Your soul is spiritual, and spiritual cannot die or perish, this is funadmental basic spiritual knowledge, and the bible does not even teach this, because it is clearly no authority at all.

So is not your soul spiritual joseph???

vishva

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Jul 10

Thanks for your input. 😕
Your welcome, dear christian theist. I cant help but detect a hint of sarcasm there. But I have been a bit paranoind lately , so feel free to clarify...you old dog you😉

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Jul 10

Read the spirituality forum. You'll get plenty of specific ideas.
Oh Jo!....
You should know me enough by now that I want something from yourself and not a pointer to somewhere else.C'mon, it aint that hard.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Jul 10

to jaywill

You have everthing upside down and insideout, there is no such thing as a human soul, because the soul is without designation, it is just pure spiritual energy the same as god, and unblemished, so it never needs saving because it is eternal and perfect.

But the soul is in a body, and the body has a mind and senses, and it is the mind that needs help, not the soul. Remember that the bible said that we should re-new our mind, because its the mind that lusts and fears and covets, not the soul, and this is why i speak out against christians, because their knowledge is erroneous.

I known its hard for you to accept the bible as man made but it is, because if it were authored by god, it would speak of these things.

Why do you refuse to open your eyes and ears, and see this glaring truth, that the bible is authored by man, what is the pay off for you to keep a firm hold of that book, it does not even speak of mans immortal eternal soul, and the many lives yet to come,... and i do not accept re-incarnation but transmigration which is completly different. ( you see this is true knowledge)

The bible speaks of eternal damnation for non christians, and this is clearly false. ( no wonder the atheists think that religious people are crazy)

vishva

P

weedhopper

Moves
02 Jul 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]First Spirituality Forum thread...

First Spirituality Forum thread ever posted was on a primitive cave wall many thousands of years ago:

"Who are we? Why are we here? Where are we going? How will we get there?" We're still replying to it.

Thoughts.[/b]
I kinda liked Ayn Rand's response to those questions, though I don't agree with all her writings.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Jul 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I kinda liked Ayn Rand's response to those questions, though I don't agree with all her writings.
Care to summarize them, PF, in the interest of moving our conversation along?