1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 20:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    I especially enjoyed the part where Winston used his cigar to split the English Channel so that they could invade Europe.
    Hey, stick with what works, I always say.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:17
    Yes but no.

Josheph's line was decended from Solomon. Mary's line was decended from Nathan.

Nathan was not a child of Bathsheba. So in reality, Jesus did not have a drop of blood from Solomon or Bathsheba.
    I don't think it has ever been claimed that Jesus was a direct blood relative of David.

He was "from the House of David" because of Joseph. That's all.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 16:33
    So in reality, Jesus did not have a drop of blood from Solomon or Bathsheba.
    Of course not!

But he is the "root of Jessie" is he not? God states that the human side of Jesus lineage is from the offsping of David and Bathsheba.

Perhaps you are missing my point, which one of God's ability to forgive and forget; his mercy trumphing over his own judgement; something that I talk about a lot in this forum.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 16:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I don't think it has ever been claimed that Jesus was a direct blood relative of David.

Do you Christians actually read the Bible or do you just like to talk? It really makes me wonder what the hell kind of Christian you are.

Christ said he is the offspring of David :

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Paul said :

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Here is a useful link giving the genealogy of Christ from both Joseph’s and Mary’s side. Please educate yourself before embarrassing yourself and dragging down the name of Christianity .

http://www.ldolphin.org/2adams.html

Read and understand the genealogies in Matt 1 and Luke 3. One is Joseph and one is Mary. It appears to be both of Joseph but the names are different. Read the link and you will understand why they both appear to be for Joseph.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '12 07:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Lazarus and the rich man. Demonstrates the evils of being rich.
    You really have no clue about scripture do you?
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '12 07:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    OK the word 'stories' is just there for the atheists to kick about for a while...

But more seriously atheists and theists alike; those who are able to enjoy the Biblical accounts, from whatever perspective, what are your favourites and why if you don't mind sharing?

The travels of Jonah is my favourite, but Elijah on Mt Carmel, Elisha fed by ravens and Ruth's gleening are close seconds.
    Joseph is one of mine in the latter part of Genesis, his faithfulness no matter where
    he was or why he was there blows me away.
    Kelly
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 00:582 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you Christians actually read the Bible or do you just like to talk? It really makes me wonder what the hell kind of Christian you are.

Christ said he is the offspring of David :

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.[/i ...[text shortened]... are different. Read the link and you will understand why they both appear to be for Joseph.
    Fascinating page, thanks for the link. I did, in fact, think both lineages were for Joseph.

Oh, and by all means, continue your derision.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Some of us can learn in spite of it.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 16:20
    I always enjoyed the story of seven castaways stranded on a desert island.
    There was a rich man and his spouse, a wise man, a simple shepard girl, a harlot along with the fisherman and his helper.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 18:162 edits
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I always enjoyed the story of seven castaways stranded on a desert island.
    There was a rich man and his spouse, a wise man, a simple shepard girl, a harlot along with the fisherman and his helper.
    That sounds like the makings of a wonderful Bible story. I missed that one somehow.

P.S. It does remind me of Gilligan's Island. Here is the Intro:

YouTube

or

YouTube&feature=relmfu
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 23:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That sounds like the makings of a wonderful Bible story. I missed that one somehow.

P.S. It does remind me of Gilligan's Island. Here is the Intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR7qxtgCgY

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3HFXSgWps8&feature=relmfu
    I can't get one on you RJ 🙂
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 23:22
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I can't get one on you RJ 🙂
    it's posts like that that make be rethink my assessment of rj. maybe he really is that stupid and not just pretending to be.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '12 02:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Read the bingginning of Luke and Matthew. In the book of Matthew it gives the blood line from David to Joseph and in Luke it gives the blood line from David to Mary.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '12 02:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Of course not!

But he is the "root of Jessie" is he not? God states that the human side of Jesus lineage is from the offsping of David and Bathsheba.

Perhaps you are missing my point, which one of God's ability to forgive and forget; his mercy trumphing over his own judgement; something that I talk about a lot in this forum.
    I'm just saying what the Bible claims. Both Mary and Joseph have a blood line from David, but Joseph was from the blood line of David's son Solomon and Mary was from the blood line of David's son Nathan.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '12 02:35
    Read the bingginning of Luke and Matthew. In the book of Matthew it gives the blood line from David to Joseph and in Luke it gives the blood line from David to Mary.
    Yes, somehow in my Bible education, I missed this.

Rajk999 has rudely deigned to "edumacate" me on this, though.

Thanks, anyway.
  15. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    12 Aug '12 02:35
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it's posts like that that make be rethink my assessment of rj. maybe he really is that stupid and not just pretending to be.
    I have thought of RJ being like gilligan more than once. He tries to do the right thing (in his mind), but ends up looking like a fool and screwing things up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree