Father and Son

Father and Son

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
24 Mar 09

Look what god did to his beloved son who was perfect. What do you think god will do to you?

j

Moves
24 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by 667joe
Look what god did to his beloved son who was perfect. What do you think god will do to you?
===================================
=====================================

He rose Him from the dead and made Him Head over the entire universe for eternity.

Wonderful! I certainly want to cast my lot in with Jesus the enthroned Lord and Christ forever.

Thanks for the reminder. You're a good boy 667joe.

j

Moves
24 Mar 09
1 edit

Look what God will do with us who believe in Christ.

"And what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe according to the operation of the might of His strength, which He caused to operate in Christ in raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavenlies, far above all rule and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named not only in this age but in that which is to come; And He subjected all things under His feet and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, Which is His Body; the fullness of the One who fills all in all. " (Ephesians 1:21-23)

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
24 Mar 09

My worst fear?

He'll turn me into RBHILL.

"In hell, there will be no stop, drop and roll!" 😞😞😞

Maryland

Moves
25 Mar 09

There is no god, and no dead person has ever been brought back to life. If you think otherwise, you are highly capable of self delusion! Part of your brain is less developed than a six year old's!

Cape Town

Moves
25 Mar 09

Originally posted by jaywill
He rose Him from the dead and made Him Head over the entire universe for eternity.
I thought you were a trinitarian. Was I mistaken?
And what is this 'dead' that he was risen from?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Mar 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
My worst fear?

He'll turn me into RBHILL.

"In hell, there will be no stop, drop and roll!" 😞😞😞
😀😀😀

rc

Moves
25 Mar 09
1 edit

There is no god, and no dead person has ever been brought back to life. If you think otherwise, you are highly capable of self delusion! Part of your brain is less developed than a six year old's!
if you claim that you can prove that there is no God and delude yourself and others into thinking it possible then your brain is less developed than a single cell amoeba and you would do better to walk around on your hands, paint two eyes on your bum cheeks and learn to talk out of it!

Z

Moves
25 Mar 09

glad that you are so certain. very scientific of you.

j

Moves
25 Mar 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
====================================
==================================

Are there trinatarians who actually don't believe that Christ died ?

That's news to me.

j

Moves
25 Mar 09
2 edits

=======================
There is no god,
========================

There is God.

================================
and no dead person has ever been brought back to life.

Yes there has been. You can read about it in the Bible.

But if you don't like the Bible, you might at least consider cases of people being declared clinically dead who revived.

For example, some years ago a man sentenced to "life in prison" actually was declared clinically dead in an medical facility in prison. Yet he revived. This prisoner then took his case to the law court, that he had served his term "life in prison" because he was declared clinically dead. He therefore sought to be released from prison because he argued that his being clinically dead for those moments technically terminated his "life" sentence.

I do not remember how high he took this case or what was the outcome.

At any rate, God did perform the miracle of resurrection. And every person who has died in all the world will at the end of this age, be resurrected to stand judgement.

So you are in for a bitter disappointment if you think Almighty God cannot raise you from the dead.

====================
If you think otherwise, you are highly capable of self delusion! Part of your brain is less developed than a six year old's!
==========================

The delusion belongs to those who think that a God who created life and the universe by His power, cannot raise a man from the dead.

So far I have no doubt whatsoever that you are deceived. You better read the Bible. You are in for a bitter disappointment if you go to your grave with this belief that no one is going to be brought back to life.

God gave life. He has control and ability to raise it up again after death.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Mar 09
1 edit

[b]====================================

Are there trinatarians who actually don't believe that Christ died ?

That's news to me.[/b]
Its news to me too. I never said that myself.

The trinitarian comment is aimed at your claim that God made Jesus head over the entire universe for eternity. That just doesn't make sense to me if Jesus was God, and doesn't in fact make sense to me even if he wasn't. It also doesn't really address the issue that God wanted Jesus killed in the first place. If I make you president, will that excuse my torturing you?

And I still want to know what you mean by 'dead'.

j

Moves
25 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Its news to me too. I never said that myself.

The trinitarian comment is aimed at your claim that God made Jesus head over the entire universe for eternity. That just doesn't make sense to me if Jesus was God, and doesn't in fact make sense to me even if he wasn't. It also doesn't really address the issue that God wanted Jesus killed in the first place ...[text shortened]... t, will that excuse my torturing you?

And I still want to know what you mean by 'dead'.
Tell me something twhitehead. Did you ever in all of your life feel that something was wonderful ?

Did you ever experience or know anything of which you could say "That was wonderful"?

Well, Jesus being man and God is wonderful to me. How He died being a man and yet being God too, is wonderful to me.

Somehow, by God's sheer mercy, He has granted me the ability to believe this wonderful thing.

The death that Jesus came back from was every bit the same as the death of any human being. Yet He is God incarnate.

Sometime I find it miraculous that I believe these things myself. But what can I do? Jesus Christ is real to us who have received Him.

We know that the changes in our lives have not come from US as the source. This greatly spurs the Christian on that she is on the right track.

I already anticipate the three or four possible retorts to this from the atheist. I already know what are the comebacks you will write in response to me saying this. So please don't expect me to labor endlessly with you. You're free to have a different view. This is my view.

j

Moves
25 Mar 09
2 edits

I wrote:

God gave life. He has control and ability to raise it up again after death.

Here is the point folks. Ultimately real life is indestructible. That is God's point in all this.

The Life that is uncreated and eternal can never ever be terminated. It is indestructible. God is indestructible. The life of God is indestructible.

Why can you not see this? Ultimately behind all existence is a LIFE, a Person. And that Person is indestructible and eternal and uncreated. He came as a man - Jesus Christ.

What He is is for us. He wants to mingle Himself with man. He wants to indwell man and be interwoven with man. He wants to abide in man and have man abide in Him in an "organic" unity.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Mar 09

Tell me something twhitehead. Did you ever in all of your life feel that something was wonderful ?
Yes. Many things.

You're free to have a different view. This is my view.
And thats fine with me. I just find it strange that when I ask you for more details about your view you start spewing the "well thats what I believe so leave me alone" line.
I was merely pointing out that what you said to 667joe appeared to not make much sense at all. If you think it does make sense then why are you unwilling to explain it?