1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:321 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Please don't try to play the "he is a human being" card. All he had to do was admit that what he said was untrue and apologize and that would have been the end of it. I prompted him to do so more than one time. But evidently G75 has too much pride.
    I think it is a perfectly valid point, we are human and we all see thing differently, now that can hardly be construed as lying, can it? look at the trinitarians, they have the most ludicrous perceptions with regard to the Christ, it does not mean they are lying though.

but if you will tell us the assertion that you think was untoward, then let us evaluate it for ourselves. also the evidence ids to the contrary, for there are many instances when Galveston has apologised, when he feels that he has overstepped the mark, hardly the characteristics of a proud and wilful personality, is it?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:331 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    Robbie and G75, niether of you are coming off very well here. It has already been established what happenened, and bickering over it and treating someone so disrespectfully only damages your Christian witness. Peace unto you.

D-
    I agree and apologize to all that want it. But I did not start it did I? This is not what this thread is about anyway and I just see this as a distraction to the thought at hand.
    So personally I'll just ignor this person and go on with this discussion.
    Geeez!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:36
    Robbie and G75, niether of you are coming off very well here. It has already been established what happenened, and bickering over it and treating someone so disrespectfully only damages your Christian witness. Peace unto you.

D-
    i think that i am being rather objective under the circumstances, i still have not ascertained what it is he feels so aggrieved about. why he cannot state in plainly and without affectation, i do not know.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:381 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I agree and apologize to all that want it. But I did not start it did I? This is not what this thread is about anyway and I just see this as a distraction to the thought at hand.
    So personally I'll just ignor this person and go on with this discussion.
    Geeez!
    its the nature of the beast my friend, it happens all the time, people get a bee in their bonnet and chew it like a 'chomp bar'. if you can ignore it then all is well and good, for you are correct, this thread should not have been hijacked in the way it has been! i f a Christian has any minor grievances with another, the proper course is to try to cover it over, for love, covers a multitude of sins (especially the trinitarians sins)
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its the nature of the beast my friend, it happens all the time, people get a bee in their bonnet and chew it like a 'chomp bar'. if you can ignore it then all is well and good, for you are correct, this thread should not have been hijacked in the way it has been!
    And besides, some in the Bible got mad too...so there, lol
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:42
    Originally posted by galveston75
    And besides, some in the Bible got mad too...so there, lol
    Lol, its termed righteous indignation.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:43
    You guys are really too much.

Deucer gave you some sound advice.

You should really just take it.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:49
    You guys are really too much.

Deucer gave you some sound advice.

You should really just take it.
    you have failed to state, although asked on two occasions, what the assertion was that you feel so aggrieved about, i myself have no idea, you have proffered nothing. you have hijacked a thread with some petty grievance from yonks ago, why? you have belittled a person, stating that his opinion is worthless! i think that that is quite enough of you for one evening thinkofone, don't you?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:56
    you have failed to state, although asked on two occasions, what the assertion was that you feel so aggrieved about, i myself have no idea, you have proffered nothing. you have hijacked a thread with some petty grievance from yonks ago, why? you have belittled a person, stating that his opinion is worthless! i think that that is quite enough of you for one evening thinkofone, don't you?
    Really, just too much.

"Like a man that can't play a tune, blowing a horn right loud, hoping that in a minute it will begin to make music."

William Faulkner
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 23:051 edit
    Really, just too much.

"Like a man that can't play a tune, blowing a horn right loud, hoping that in a minute it will begin to make music."

William Faulkner
    thanks but im done, i haven't the foggiest what your grievance is, you will not tell me, therefore its absolutely futile to engage you in any type of sincere conversation, if you cannot cover the grievance over with love, then it really is a very poor reflection of your spirituality.

(1 Corinthians 13:1-3) . . .If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a sounding piece of brass or a clashing cymbal.  And if I have the gift of prophesying and am acquainted with all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to transplant mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body, that I may boast, but do not have love, I am not profited at all.

The Apostle Paul
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:00
    thanks but im done, i haven't the foggiest what your grievance is, you will not tell me, therefore its absolutely futile to engage you in any type of sincere conversation, if you cannot cover the grievance over with love, then it really is a very poor reflection of your spirituality.

(1 Corinthians 13:1-3) . . .If I speak in the tongues of men and ...[text shortened]... my body, that I may boast, but do not have love, I am not profited at all.

The Apostle Paul
    C'mon robbie, Sincere conversation? You've demonstrated time and again that that's something you regularly run away from.

As for the "grievance", earlier I suggested you reread the thread. I'm not sure why you so often go into this mode where you pretend that you don't know what's been discussed. I just chalk it up to it being one of several methods that you employ to avoid sincere conversation.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:02
    i think it must be the armchair christians, who drive to church in huge SUVs every Sunday, past lots of spiritually needy persons, while throwing leaflets out of the window in the hope that it hits one of them on the head and they become delirious and as confused as a trinitarain, and then drive back again.
    LOL I wish I owned a SUV 🙂 So do you suppose all Christians are armchair Christians?

Manny
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:13
    i think it must be the armchair christians, who drive to church in huge SUVs every Sunday, past lots of spiritually needy persons, while throwing leaflets out of the window in the hope that it hits one of them on the head and they become delirious and as confused as a trinitarain, and then drive back again.
    what about the people who are physically needy? What does your denomination offer to them? We both know what Christ commands us to do, and we both know which church offers nothing.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:23
    Originally posted by menace71
    LOL I wish I owned a SUV 🙂 So do you suppose all Christians are armchair Christians?

Manny
    i was just making fun Manny, I was inspired by some Australian dude who used to have something similar on his profile. i don't know if he still plays on the site. but yes, i think the vast majority of christians are nominal, (as in name only). i am not for one moment saying that they are not loving and sincere persons, for they evidently are, but when the push comes to the shove, are we truly prepared to put others interests ahead of our own. Check this out, one of the most important and yet deceptively simple texts that the Christ uttered.

(John 13:34-35) . . .I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”

in what way did Christ love? for the scripture states, 'just as I have loved you'. surely it was his self sacrifice, the greatest act of love on the behalf of mankind ever recorded. Thus it appears to me, that true Christians should be self sacrificing, putting the interests of others, ahead of their own.

let me ask you , is that what we see? is it not quite the opposite? strife and competition. People ar judged on what type of car they drive, how big there house is, ho many dollars they earn in a day. its not what a person does that's important, but as long as he sits on a big pile of money he can be great at almost anything. Arnold Schwarzenegger for example. he may have been a successful actor although devoid of talent but how does that give him the credentials to govern California? its crazy!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:291 edit
    what about the people who are physically needy? What does your denomination offer to them? We both know what Christ commands us to do, and we both know which church offers nothing.
    what are you talking about? give a man a fish and it feeds him for a day, teach a man to fish and he can be self sustaining! Christ was a teacher, he gave the most precious commodity any of us have, our time, to help persons spiritually, first and foremost. Will i direct you towards our relief efforts throughout the world, or perhaps closer to your home, when hurricane Katrina struck for example? who were one of the first people on the ground? will I Deucer?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree