Extra-biblical evidence for hell

Extra-biblical evidence for hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
06 Apr 06

Is there any?

It's not beyond my conception that people might point to the wonders of life, such as the beauty of flowers, the order of the cosmos, and the seemingly miraculous wonder of the human body as physical evidence for a creator.

Is there anything similar that constitutes evidence of hell as a place of eternal torment, or does your belief in hell, to the extent you say that it is justified, rest upon what is written in the Bible?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
06 Apr 06

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Is there any?

It's not beyond my conception that people might point to the wonders of life, such as the beauty of flowers, the order of the cosmos, and the seemingly miraculous wonder of the human body as physical evidence for a creator.

Is there anything similar that constitutes evidence of hell as a place of eternal torment, or does your beli ...[text shortened]... f in hell, to the extent you say that it is justified, rest upon what is written in the Bible?
I heard an old evangelical rumor that Soviet miners, trying to dig the deepest mine on Earth, began to hear human screams in the earth.

Oh, here is a nice website talking about it. It even has audio!

http://www.creationists.org/hell.html

And for a bit more irony consider the site's disclaimer:
"There are good Biblical and scientific reasons to believe it is a hoax."

Scientific reasons to believe that Hades isn't only 7 miles beneath the Earth's surface? Go figure!

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
06 Apr 06

Is there any?

Is there anything similar that constitutes evidence of hell as a place of eternal torment, or does your beli ...[text shortened]... f in hell, to the extent you say that it is justified, rest upon what is written in the Bible?
If you dig into the Earth for a while it gets kinda hot.

w

Moves
07 Apr 06

Is there any?

I think Hitler made a good case for hells existence. Even atheists refer to him as demonic.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
07 Apr 06

Originally posted by whodey
I think Hitler made a good case for hells existence. Even atheists refer to him as demonic.
Well I certaintly don't. And if I did what would a figure of speech have to do with the existance of hell?

w

Moves
07 Apr 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Well I certaintly don't. And if I did what would a figure of speech have to do with the existance of hell?
He seemed to do a good job creating hell on earth.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
07 Apr 06

Is there any?
Other people.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
07 Apr 06

Is there any?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=41175&page=1#post_699602

a

Forgotten

Moves
07 Apr 06

Is there any?

You have never heard of marriage??

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
07 Apr 06

http://www.hellonearth.net/sauce.htm

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
07 Apr 06

Originally posted by aspviper666
You have [b] never heard of marriage??[/b]
Thank you for your courage, sir.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
07 Apr 06

Originally posted by ivanhoe
http://www.hellonearth.net/sauce.htm
I can never tell when you Catholics are being serious. Do you really think that the existence of hot sauce constitutes evidence of the existence of a place where souls endure eternal torment?

If it was just a joke, do you have any serious evidence, or is the belief itself merely a joke?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
07 Apr 06

I can never tell when you Catholics are being serious. Do you really think that the existence of hot sauce constitutes evidence of the existence of a place where souls endure eternal torment?

If it was just a joke, do you have any serious evidence, or is the belief itself merely a joke?
I'll give your questions serious thought ........

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
07 Apr 06

Is there any?

Ask a heroin junkie what he thinks of hell; you'll get more profound answers than this forum would ever do justice to.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
08 Apr 06

Originally posted by whodey
He seemed to do a good job creating hell on earth.
And?