Expressions of faith

Expressions of faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 13
1 edit

I think that Satan was an invention of certain faiths to act as a vehicle for alternative views, competition and conflict are essential for human advancement. In fact it could be argued that your Christ story could not have happened unless it was set in a period of conflict.If we all return to a garden of Eden type existence ,what incentives will there be to become more than what we are?

Okay. Let me speak to that point.

1.) I don't understand the full salvation of Christ as merely being a return to the Eden type existence.

2.) I believe that the New Jerusalem seen in the end of the Bible is far beyond the Eden like existence. These are sons of God who virtually have become God in life and nature (but not in His Godhead).

3.) Now what I see are the nations AROUND the New Jerusalem which we might say ARE more of a return to the state Adam was in prior to the fall.

So the climax of the Bible and thus the consummation of the history of man on earth is a "City" of sons of god, diefied human beings who are made God in life and nature but not in His Godhead.

And surrounding this corporate entity are the nations of the world walking in her light so to speak. These surrounding nations are maintained to have an everlasting life. But they are not the sons of God. The sons of God who are mingled and united with God are the constituents of the New Jerusalem.

Now I might add that Adam in the garden did not get off to the splendid start in managing the world as he could have. He was to have dominion over all the earth.

It is possible that the earth was only the first stage. My opinion is that the whole universe was made for the kingdom of God. So it may not be fair to judge the potentials of Eden only by what was recorded in Genesis.

We do know that before Adam could take into himself the life of God he took into himself the Satanic sin nature and was fallen. And he brought sin and death into the world.

The prophet Daniel said that in the last days knowledge will encrease -

"But you Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book until the time of the end; many will go here and there, and knowledge will encrease." (Daniel 12:4)

This encrease in knowledge could be the exponential encrease in technological science in the last few centries. Surely scientific knowledge has encreased exponentially.

And most of the encrease of scientific knowledge is for two things - in not particular order -

To improve man's life in the universe or to develop better weapons to do away with enemies among nations and peoples.

New and better weapons is the result of encreased knowledge.
And medical, transportation to go here and there, or technological advancement to generally improve man's lot on earth is the goal.

The Christ the Son of God is concerned with human life too.
It seems that God gives man room enough to give it his best shot.
Why we have even gone to the moon with this encrease of knowledge.

But I think the scene of Revelation 21 and 22 is what man longs for. And this will be the result of the fulfillment of God's eternal purpose centered in Jesus Christ.

I mean eye has not seen and ear has not heard and neither has it risen up in man's heart the things which God has prepared for him.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Can Hebrews hold onto that 5 goal lead?

btw: Who they playing?
Perhaps it is the scoffers and the mockers.

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

(2 Peter 3:3 NIV-UK)

Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts

(2 Peter 3:3 NASB)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Perhaps it is the scoffers and the mockers.

[b]Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

(2 Peter 3:3 NIV-UK)

Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts

(2 Peter 3:3 NASB)[/b]
"Perhaps it is the scoffers and the mockers."

... who are penalized in this life and the next.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Perhaps it is the scoffers and the mockers."

... who are penalized in this life and the next.
Perhaps they will get away with it initially, however, a video tape is due to be reviewed by the referee.