Explanation

Explanation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
21 Oct 09

For certain people that are accustomed to being wrong--wrong answers in algebra, poor grades in biology, failure to understand cause and effect in history, inability to find a winning plan in a chess game--there is psychological comfort, indeed a sense of triumph, in the sense that one is correct on the basis of nothing more than belief in a myth.

I Corinthians 1:18-19

Maryland

Moves
21 Oct 09

Wrong!

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Oct 09

Originally posted by 667joe
Wrong!
Holy crap that's funny.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
22 Oct 09

Originally posted by 667joe
Wrong!
Only if you misread it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Oct 09

Originally posted by Wulebgr
For certain people that are accustomed to being wrong--wrong answers in algebra, poor grades in biology, failure to understand cause and effect in history, inability to find a winning plan in a chess game--there is psychological comfort, indeed a sense of triumph, in the sense that one is correct on the basis of nothing more than belief in a myth.

How do you know that?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
22 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
How do you know that?
Observation: the arrogance of misguided myth believers that did poorly in school.

Especially folks that are flat wrong on certain matters of biology, history, and other fundamental disciplines.

Illinois

Moves
23 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Wulebgr

Are you insinuating that only stupid people believe in Jesus Christ? You might be hard pressed establishing that as fact.

EDIT: 1 Corinthians 1:18-19 does not condone anti-intellectualism or undermine the value of intelligence. What it does assert is that the simple message of the Gospel is more powerful than all the philosophy and wisdom in the entire godless world. No other message has the power to save. Those who rely upon the world's wisdom rather than God's wisdom will be perpetually frustrated by the simple message of the Cross; it will seem like foolishness to them.

One need not be particularly intelligent to disbelieve the message of the Gospel.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
23 Oct 09

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Are you insinuating that only stupid people believe in Jesus Christ? You might be hard pressed establishing that as fact.
No